How do you think we will line up?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First team when fit:

.............................................Lloris

Walker..................Fazio....................Jan....................Rose

............................Stambouli...........Bentaleb

...........Lamela...................Eriksen......................Chadli

..............................................Ade

Capoue, Dembele, Soldado, Kane, Davies, Vorm, Vlad, Kaboul, Yedlin, Lennon, Paulinho, Townsend

Seems that we've added some aggression and muscle in Fazio and Stambouli, and if they turn out to be pretty solid, that team/squad dont look too bad to me.

So many combinations and options for Poch to work with.

Really looking forward to see if he can turn some of this lot into gold in the coming months, and what direction he has for us.

I think MP will go for Capoue over Bentaleb to be honest, especially in away games. Left side is also contentious. Its close between Davies and Rose and anyone of Lennon, Townsend or Chadli can play there. But yes, we have many options and you missed out Dier too.

Was thinking about this in the shower this morning (no homo) I reckon Stambouli is a partner for Capoue not a replacement. He has decent vision for the forward pass and is more than likely a second/third/fourth choice after MS was deemed unavailable.

Yeah I'd like to see Dier in there but then I haven't really seen Fazio so will reserve judgement. If there's any truth in Walker's injury likely to be recurring then that's another issue and I'd have Dier in his place.

For me Rose bought himself some time in the QPR game but not much tbh. I imagine Davies will take the slot at some point and retain it.

Can only assume Stam is decent and I think it will be him and Capoue with Bentaleb in rotation.

Lamela Eriksen and Chadli

Adebayor

So we really need that three behind the striker to come good

I was watching Lennon quite closely when we played Limassol at home. He was playing off the left in the "Rodriguez" role that he played for Southampton. He was making a lot of runs across the full back looking for the ball over the top or the through pass, but we were content to just keep possession as the tie was practically over. Could see him getting visibly frustrated when he didn't receive the ball.

I wouldn't rule out Lennon being involved over Chadli at some point and seeing this type of play occurring more often, even though Chadli was very good in his rotation play with Eriksen and Lamela against QPR.

I think MP will go for Capoue over Bentaleb to be honest, especially in away games. Left side is also contentious. Its close between Davies and Rose and anyone of Lennon, Townsend or Chadli can play there. But yes, we have many options and you missed out Dier too.

Wow, missed out Dier..One for me whos looking really good even though he's being played out of position.

Agree with Capoue over Bentaleb, and to be honest, I dont mind. Really want to see a nasty streak...we are getting a soft belly again.

Cup games:

.............................................Vorm (does he exist)

Naughton/Dier.................Vlad............Kaboul....................Davies/Rose

Lennon.......................Dembele.............Paulinho.............Chadli/Townsend

...............................................Kane

............................................................Soldado

(4-2-3-1)
Lloris
Walker Fazio Vertonghen Davies
Stambouli Capoue
Lamela Eriksen Chadli
Ade​

Do think we need to pick our strongest XI and stick to it (taking in injuries in to account), don't think we've necessarily had a distinctive line-up since Redknapp left. Rotations all well and good with Europa and Cups in mind but we should all generally know what to expect come saturday/sunday afternoon.

Also think Davies will prove to be a more solid LB than Rose due to his positioning/age, Rose's attacking abilities are a bonus, but only when we're showing some defensive stability first.

Hugo
Walker Dier Fazio Vertonghen
Lamela Stambouli Eriksen Chadli
Adebayor Soldado

If sherwood got 1 thing right last year it was playing a 442. we looked so much better when we started playing it

First team when fit:

.............................................Lloris

Walker..................Fazio....................Jan....................Rose

............................Stambouli...........Bentaleb

...........Lamela...................Eriksen......................Chadli

..............................................Ade

Capoue, Dembele, Soldado, Kane, Davies, Vorm, Vlad, Kaboul, Yedlin, Lennon, Paulinho, Townsend

Seems that we've added some aggression and muscle in Fazio and Stambouli, and if they turn out to be pretty solid, that team/squad dont look too bad to me.

So many combinations and options for Poch to work with.

Really looking forward to see if he can turn some of this lot into gold in the coming months, and what direction he has for us.
Naughton gone then!

Lloris
Walker Fazio Vertonghen Davies/Rose
Capoue Bentaleb
Lamela Eriksen Chadli
Adebayor

sammyspurs sammyspurs

Whats happened to you? I am agreeing with everything you're saying a the moment...

Whats happened to me? Fuck sake.

Worryingly you're not alone, I'm in the same boat.

VillageYidiot VillageYidiot Interesting that you say Davies will be more solid due to his positioning/age...when he's 3 years younger than Rose? Both have played a similar amount of PL games as well. Not disagreeing that he may be a more solid option here btw.

Why are so many people putting Stambouli straight into the first XI?

None of you fuckers even knew who he was until last week!!!

I think its because it is apparent that he is not exactly just back up, but a direct replacement for Sandro.

It remains to be seen if Poch is really going to nail down a CM pairing of Bentaleb and Capoue...personally Im not sure thats the way to go, and seeing as he hasnt started Dembele in any of the PL games, Im doubting he is going to be first choice at this stage either.

Its not about putting him there because I think he's a good player (never seen him as you say)....but more what I suspect the club are thinking...

Obviously could be totally wrong, but its not a competition, more a discussion ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom