Europa League 14/15 Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Istanbul top of my travel list so really pleased with that, good excuse to book a holiday...
Anyone know how the fixtures work or when we'll know when game will be?

Asteras Tripolis Football Club (Greek: ΠΑΕ Αστέρας Τρίπολης) is a Greek football club from the town of Tripoli in Arcadia, Greece.
Tripoli (Greek: Τρίπολη, Trípoli, formerly Τρίπολις, Trípolis; earlier Τριπολιτσά Tripolitsa) is a city of about 33,000 inhabitants in the central part of the Peloponnese, in Greece. It is the capital of the regional unit of Arcadia and the centre of the municipality of Tripoli, pop. 47,000.
Theodoros Kolokotronis Stadium (Greek: Γήπεδο Θεόδωρος Κολοκοτρώνης) , formerly known as Asteras Tripolis Stadium, is a football stadium in Tripoli, Greece. The stadium has been the home stadium of Asteras Tripoli F.C. until the construction of the New Asteras Tripolis Stadium. The stadium holds 7,616 seats.

...It's a fucking tiny town in the middle of Greek countryside!

33,000 people. Half must be women = 16,500. If we take all our season ticket holders. We can fuck the whole town!
:bae:

but the next round is a straight up draw anyway so as long as they are not in same group it shouldnt have mattered. ah well.

It's not done in terms of competition as far as i'm aware, pretty sure it's TV rights to make sure they can stagger them without clashes where possible. I forget the exact reasoning

It's not done in terms of competition as far as i'm aware, pretty sure it's TV rights to make sure they can stagger them without clashes where possible. I forget the exact reasoning
It's a combination of:
  1. No two teams from the same FA can be in the same group
  2. Teams from the same FA should play on different days (why Sevilla and Feyenoord jumped to G)
  3. Staggering early and late matches so no club has too many of one or the other (maybe same with FAs)

It's a combination of:
  1. No two teams from the same FA can be in the same group
  2. Teams from the same FA should play on different days (why Sevilla and Feyenoord jumped to G)
  3. Staggering early and late matches so no club has too many of one or the other (maybe same with FAs)

Cheers, knew there where reasons behind it just couldn't remember exactly what they were

Asteras Tripolis Football Club (Greek: ΠΑΕ Αστέρας Τρίπολης) is a Greek football club from the town of Tripoli in Arcadia, Greece.
Tripoli (Greek: Τρίπολη, Trípoli, formerly Τρίπολις, Trípolis; earlier Τριπολιτσά Tripolitsa) is a city of about 33,000 inhabitants in the central part of the Peloponnese, in Greece. It is the capital of the regional unit of Arcadia and the centre of the municipality of Tripoli, pop. 47,000.
Theodoros Kolokotronis Stadium (Greek: Γήπεδο Θεόδωρος Κολοκοτρώνης) , formerly known as Asteras Tripolis Stadium, is a football stadium in Tripoli, Greece. The stadium has been the home stadium of Asteras Tripoli F.C. until the construction of the New Asteras Tripolis Stadium. The stadium holds 7,616 seats.

...It's a fucking tiny town in the middle of Greek countryside!

holds 7,616 ? They will have to move the game to a larger stadium - probably Athens

on 2nd glance I am actually looking forward to this.. 1 week in Besiktas (Istanbul) 1 week In greece and a nice break In Serbia. just need to get a stab vest for Besiktas :dude:

Might consider Besiktas or Belgrade, should be able to sneak into Istanbul cheaply via a nondescript Central European city and out again for not much more.

Back
Top Bottom