New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lower the costs, I will attend more.

Each home game costs me £100 for ticket + travel. Add your days beers / food etc on top it is near £150-200 for me.

Adds up fast.
Yes yes yes fucking yes , simple math , maybe bit less then you but nevertheless i cant afford it atm , i love spurs with all my heart but family and cuntin mortgage must come first.
I will make the odd game but defo not as much as i would want to

Sorry everyone but I doubt that we'll fill a 61,000 seater stadium regularly.

The "waiting list" for season tickets seems inflated and based on membership rather than solid expressions of interest. This is probably to boost the perceived value of the club.

It would be pretty horrible to play in a third- empty cavern for most home games, so there needs to be some really careful planning and promotion (including sensible pricing) to make sure we don't end up with a complete loss of atmosphere.

Absolutely. I'm sure someone else on here mentioned an idea to have an option to have expanded seating as and when needed. Not sure how it could be done though.
Perhaps a smaller top tier could be added to the stadium design, have it covered up as they do now for European games at the front. This then could be incorporated when demand calls. This way all the seats (standing areas) I know, I'm being optomistic, could be sold in the ever present seats first. This would eliminate the chances of having vast holes between supporters for games that just don't generate enough interest.
I personally favour the idea of having a smaller capacity now but with future proofing in place. A stadium not a million miles from what we have at the moment but with an extra tier maybe. (Santiago Bernabauesqe)
Don't get me wrong, I would love the new WHL to have a bigger capacity than the Cunts down the road but we need to be realistic, both on and off the pitch. We need to have the consistency on the pitch to justify providing 61,000 seats immediately.
There is a thread on Skyscrapercity for the Etihad and they are in the process of expanding at the moment. There is a computer generated video of how they are increasing from the present 47ish thousand to approx 62,000. Very impressive.

some of my mates are super dons (AFC, not the franchise). Interestingly, in pictures they have posted on FB from their trip to the winkiedome during the week, it seems that MkFranchise FC have put seats in to the upper tier.
Idea of legitimising that greasy haired club stealing goon makes me fucking ill.

I'm sure it's been addressed but can someone fill me in on why the plan was tossed to play at WHL while construction/demolition was done in stages?
I don't know if we have definite news on this ATM. Lots of speculation, no confirmation or denial from the club. Situation normal. :thumbup:

It may be that if Archway don't appeal, or indeed if it's all been sorted a while back as we read on here recently, then there's no need to pack up our troubles in our old kit bag. Instead we can stay at home and 'moan, moan' moan', as the song doesn't go.

Sorry everyone but I doubt that we'll fill a 61,000 seater stadium regularly.

The "waiting list" for season tickets seems inflated and based on membership rather than solid expressions of interest. This is probably to boost the perceived value of the club.

It would be pretty horrible to play in a third- empty cavern for most home games, so there needs to be some really careful planning and promotion (including sensible pricing) to make sure we don't end up with a complete loss of atmosphere.
Have an 1882 section with reduced prices...

Saw this stadium ITK post on SC. Make of it what you will, but it kinda backs up what I heard. The 4 games at Wembley make sense given the limitations of use, and the Toronto/Chicago idea seems very Levyesque. Anyway, all very interesting.

"Being based in the MK area, I had an interesting conversation with one of the stadium non sporting event consultants over the weekend. According to her, Tottenham Hotspur are finalising plans for moving out of WHL at the start of the 16/17 season. Subject to premier league AND Fifa approval, the aim is to play 14 league games at stadium MK, 4 at Wembley Stadium, and 1 in either Toronto or Chicago. The lady in question is most definately not bullshitting, but how accurate the information is that was passed on to her is anyones guess. She also said she had no idea as to where european and domestic cup games would be staged."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom