New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is all his information like absolutely 100% nailed on geniune stuff or is it speculative bollocks. Its just that I`m a szcizophrenic psycopath and this news , if true has lifted my spirits to their highest point in years. If its bullshit I may do something really stupid to let off steam. Please confirm Joe, one way or the other.
I can't confirm. I'm just repeating what the stadium manager told a friend. The ground we will use has not been confirmed, but strong rumours suggest it will be MK. The one thing I can confirm is that work has started.

image.jpg

Why not £300 season tickets and £15 tickets? The amount of new money coming in would easily allow us to to do this. Make the new WHL the Dortmund of England. Fill the new stadium up with Spurs rockers. A place to be feared, and an opportunity to become world famous again.

:levylol: (would be wonderful though)

Why not £300 season tickets and £15 tickets? The amount of new money coming in would easily allow us to to do this. Make the new WHL the Dortmund of England. Fill the new stadium up with Spurs rockers. A place to be feared, and an opportunity to become world famous again.
You've got fucking Bob Hope mate. We are so far from the German model it's scary. Both, in their own separate ways, work - but theirs looks after the fans rather than takes advantage of them.

I don't know how they get around touting etc, but if we sold tickets that cheap the StubHub servers would go into fucking meltdown.

Sad, really...

:levylol: (would be wonderful though)
It would, but it's never going to happen, I know that, but having built it they're going to have to think of something to fill it up for the majority of games.

In the 'Glory Game' Hunter Davies mentions the average home gate, for the '71/'72 season, was 36,000 in a stadium that held 55,000. Not filling the stadium was the norm then for all clubs, people just 'spread out'. It's empty seats that look bad.

As I say, the way forward can include mutlimatch packages, if you want a ticket for Woolwich,you can buy it in a package that includes Wigan or whoever. Reduced prices for most Cup games, special offers, discounts, whatever. Also, assuming it's okay by the police/Prem, have unsold tickets available on the day, as long as one of the purchasers (if it's for more than one person) is/has been a member/bought tickets in the past, but not for the opposing team. There are so many opportunities that a large stadium opens up.

As I say, the way forward can include mutlimatch packages, if you want a ticket for Woolwich,you can buy it in a package that includes Wigan or whoever. Reduced prices for most Cup games, special offers, discounts, whatever. Also, assuming it's okay by the police/Prem, have unsold tickets available on the day, as long as one of the purchasers (if it's for more than one person) is/has been a member/bought tickets in the past, but not for the opposing team. There are so many opportunities that a large stadium opens up.
Multi-match packages would be difficult for a lot of people. Not sure who could commit to two or three matches at once. I would expect most people living in the area that have weekends off would already be a member of some description, and this kind of offer would be irrelevant to the likes of me due to travelling. Don't think we would really sell that many tickets this way.

Some interesting posts on Skyscrapercity today.
This is the one that sticks out most for me !

I exchanged some tweets with a person at Tottenham Supporters Foundation who indicated that she was privy to the reasons for new designs but hadn't seen the designs herself. The new designs would not involve a new planning application, according to her, so we can rule out an immediate increase to the 56k. When pressed for the reasons, she said that the KSS designs were four years old so the club felt it was only prudent to bring them up to date. These were more related to internal fit out.

I hope Populous were asked to do a complete redesign, they certainly have had enough time, but keep the immediate capacity as it is. 56K is sufficient at the moment, although it would be prudent to have provisions for an increase later.

In order to encourage people into buying season tickets (at a premium cost), there needs to be surplus demand for tickets in the MAJORITY of the games so that they feel compelled to secure their seat in advance. Otherwise, you'll find many existing ticket holders will opt out in favour of buying tickets on general sale which will allow them to pick and choose their games. This denies the club much needed secured revenue.

I know the club has a rather high waiting list but people on it have no obligation to buy a ticket once their number comes up and there are other reasons for being on it (greater priority for match day tickets). So I wouldn't rely on that number as a yardstick for season ticket demand. Hopefully the club has some kind of metric on how many buy a season ticket from that list once they're given they're given the opportunity. I would guess it's less than 2:1 (only a guess).

This sounds more like it, if Levy gets his way.

The club is going to have get a lot more savvy if they want to fill the ground, even some premier league games tickets go to general sale and lets no forget the scores of Benfica fans whoo were in the home end last season, as many Spurs fans could not be bothered to attend.

Sorry everyone but I doubt that we'll fill a 61,000 seater stadium regularly.

The "waiting list" for season tickets seems inflated and based on membership rather than solid expressions of interest. This is probably to boost the perceived value of the club.

It would be pretty horrible to play in a third- empty cavern for most home games, so there needs to be some really careful planning and promotion (including sensible pricing) to make sure we don't end up with a complete loss of atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom