New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saw this stadium ITK post on SC. Make of it what you will, but it kinda backs up what I heard. The 4 games at Wembley make sense given the limitations of use, and the Toronto/Chicago idea seems very Levyesque. Anyway, all very interesting.

"Being based in the MK area, I had an interesting conversation with one of the stadium non sporting event consultants over the weekend. According to her, Tottenham Hotspur are finalising plans for moving out of WHL at the start of the 16/17 season. Subject to premier league AND Fifa approval, the aim is to play 14 league games at stadium MK, 4 at Wembley Stadium, and 1 in either Toronto or Chicago. The lady in question is most definately not bullshitting, but how accurate the information is that was passed on to her is anyones guess. She also said she had no idea as to where european and domestic cup games would be staged."

This better not be fucking true Joe Clash!

Ha ha you fuckers. Cornelius Knob, whose post I quoted, got slaughtered on SC. I should have known better. This is his last post on the subject. Don't shoot the messenger Jeez!

"Farkin`ell Man. I`m only repeating what the lady told me. She don`t even have any connections with Spurs. She`s works for "stadium M fucking K". It`s the information she said she`d heard from within that organisation where she works on a daily basis. But I aint revealing her fucking name to anyone, especially on a football fans forum. I`m not claiming to be a so called ITK. Just passing on some info I thought some of you would be interested to here. It may be bollocks, but I dont think it is. If you think it is fair enough, but you can fuck off with that arrogant attitude."

P.S. His words, not mine. Start saving your air miles for Liverpool at home. You didn't hear it here first.

don't think it would be the worst decision to have one game abroad for that season only. were going to be playing away from WHL anyway so one game against say Everton/Newcastle in America could be good for the club. NFL have done pretty well out of having games in London and if we could be the first team to go that way the financial benefits could be big. Levy needs a big brand stadium sponsor and the more global Spurs are the bigger the brand will be and pay.

it would be much harder for a club that has a normal stadium situation to decide to move a game.

don't think it would be the worst decision to have one game abroad for that season only. were going to be playing away from WHL anyway so one game against say Everton/Newcastle in America could be good for the club. NFL have done pretty well out of having games in London and if we could be the first team to go that way the financial benefits could be big. Levy needs a big brand stadium sponsor and the more global Spurs are the bigger the brand will be and pay.

it would be much harder for a club that has a normal stadium situation to decide to move a game.

Just no.

I think it would be a disgrace. I've got a lot of respect for our overseas fans and the fact that a lot of them get up at silly o'clock in the morning to watch games, but that doesn't mean that we should be taking games to them to improve 'the brand'.

White Hart Lane is packed out every time we play, why should our core support, the people that actually go week in and week out suddenly have a game taken away from them and played thousands of miles away just for the sake of profit?

We are a North London club and our homes games should be played in North London, I can stomach the fact that we may have to play in a different part of London, or even a different part of the country while the new stadium is built (although preferably not MK) but playing in a different country would be a step too far for me. It would just show how little respect the club have for the fans that turn up week in and week out.

I'm not a regular on SC by the way, far from it. My rep is 1, and I think I got that for knowing where we play our home games. Doesn't look like I'm entitled to that anymore. :memeokay:

maybe, but I'll bet my pants that if its a sell out, it will be the precurser to that "39th game" bullshit again.

I can see your point im from Northern Ireland so i guess you can count that as over a sea! therefore I only get to a couple of games a year and will see things differently than a north London based fan.

but i do think abroad matches are going to happen sometime. and sometime soon.

how would you feel if for example the Spurs - Forest cup game was played in New York.

That's a bit of a club myth. We may have been the first FCPLC but that's it.

Pretty sure we were at the forefront of securing the premier league structure (and the vast chasm of investment for top flight vs the rest of the football league) as well as the first TV deal with Sky. I'm afraid that we're a little more evil than you'd like to think we are in that respect.

Back
Top Bottom