Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why worry, He is ineligible at the moment, his transfer was disputed by Utrecht, who complained to FIFA that they were contractually due 30% of the fee received by Swansea.

I'm sure it will be sorted soon.
Why worry, what if Lloris gets injured and Vorm can't play. Trust me I'm worrying plenty. Back up keeper was a priority signing for me, was sooo happy we get Vorm, now there's all this confusion. I'll be worrying big-time if he isn't on the bench Sunday.

"smoke screen" is my fav, along with "just posting quickly as can't talk" before a 100 word essay with purposefully vague punctuation.

Yeah that's a great shout on "can't talk, will post more later". It's always after a huge bunch of rambling and let's be honest this is the height of these people's day, they have plenty of time.

Why worry, what if Lloris gets injured and Vorm can't play. Trust me I'm worrying plenty. Back up keeper was a priority signing for me, was sooo happy we get Vorm, now there's all this confusion. I'll be worrying big-time if he isn't on the bench Sunday.
It's not confusing, tbf I can't see Lloris picking up an injury he did take out Lukaku's knee (Edit : With his head) and carried on after all.
:llorisserious:

This has been a very, very good transfer window. We really have a deep back line now with honest competition across the board. (Danny Rose has been shockingly good in my opinion so far, which I have to attribute to Davies' presence.) I presume we'll probably trim the squad a bit, but even if we don't bring anyone else in, this has been a hugely successful summer.

I agree, he was shit last season, and my premise is all based on if he wants to be here, which doesnt seem to be the case.

I remember him pissing off Harry....when he would keep getting forward, but I thought that was his best role, box to box.

Yeah it really doesnt look like he will be part of it all....I just want this squad to come together now though in regards to the players that I think can be top class for us.

For me its as simple as if we can upgrade on him, we should.
He's shows glimmers of great form/performances but I really think this new team/philosophy requires a solid/steady performer in his position who keeps things simple and just does their job.

Who know, he may want to be part of that, or he may want to be playing every game and centre of attention a lot of the time.

For me its as simple as if we can upgrade on him, we should.
He's shows glimmers of great form/performances but I really think this new team/philosophy requires a solid/steady performer in his position who keeps things simple and just does their job.

Who know, he may want to be part of that, or he may want to be playing every game and centre of attention a lot of the time.

I get what you are saying, but we could say the bolded part for the entire squad, Lloris included.

For me its a case of strengthen when needed, and I simply dont believe CM is something we should be thinking about at least until Christmas.

I get what you are saying, but we could say the bolded part for the entire squad, Lloris included.

For me its a case of strengthen when needed, and I simply dont believe CM is something we should be thinking about at least until Christmas.
Thats a fair point.

I guess I mean, if Poch doesn't particularly rate Sandro, the player himself is interested in moving on and if there is a chance we can replace him with a better player that is available we should make it happen.

One thing about the Fazio deal - if he isn't a fair bit better than Dawson I feel like its a signing for signings sake and I hate those. You should only bring in players if they are considerable upgrades on what you have or will bring something to the team.
If Fazio is strong, great in the air but not the quickest or great on the ball, why ship out Dawson? I get that we need a squad but unless Dawson pushed the move through due to lack of definite games what have we really gained?

Not slagging off a new arrival already by the way - its a hypothetical thing.

This has been a very, very good transfer window. We really have a deep back line now with honest competition across the board. (Danny Rose has been shockingly good in my opinion so far, which I have to attribute to Davies' presence.) I presume we'll probably trim the squad a bit, but even if we don't bring anyone else in, this has been a hugely successful summer.
Well said, been a great window so far, except for the worry about Vorm, but maybe I'm over worrying on that.

Who will poch sign next !?

I'm convinced we will get lad from Southampton on last day of window .. That will be our only in on deadline day but a few will go out id say

Re Dawson and Fazio, as is well known I'm a Daws fan, but I'm delighted we've got Fazio. He's that bit younger than Daws, and so many Spurs fans have decided that Daws has had his best years, it's almost certainly best all round for Daws to leave.

Of course it might turn out we should have kept Daws, but ATM for me this feels right for Fazio to replace Daws.

I would have hated to see the crowd at the Lane turn on Daws, and I fear that could have happened this season.

A small update on Poch's little trip to the CC game:

Apparently Poch wasn't there to scout a United player ... Funny enough, he was there to scout an MK Dons player. 18 year old Dele Alli was the fella. I've never heard of him before, but he's supposed to some wonder-kid. Anybody know anything about Alli?
Listened to the game on the radio, he was mentioned all the time and given a lot of praise. Sounds like an interesting buy and loan back opp

The other day I said I wasn't worried about Walker's potential injury because we weren't going after other right backs. Well now I'm squirming a little. De Sciglio isn't some developmental right back like Yedlin but rather one who would compete for a starting spot even against a fit Walker. Think Walker is still better but De Sciglio has been capped 12 times already by the Italian national team at the age of 21 and played a game at the World Cup as well. Could be bullshit we were after him but it is slightly concerning for Walker's prognosis.
Yes worrying about Walker. I used to find it amazing that he would play 50 first team games a season at a fairly young age. I think we might be seeing the consequences now.

As a person who comes from mk and goes to a fair few games as they are my local, Dele alli is an absolute fantastic young midfielder, tall, good passing range, quick feet, fast, can attack and defend and a decent shot(scored a hattrick last season). He is by far one of the best young players in the league and probably mk dons' best player along side reeves. I think very highly of him and he will play for England one day, if we could snap him up for a price around the £8-10 mill price tag MK are asking for and loan him back for a season or two, we would have a real gem in our hands for the future :freundgoal::pochsmirk::levywhoa:

Re Dawson and Fazio, as is well known I'm a Daws fan, but I'm delighted we've got Fazio. He's that bit younger than Daws, and so many Spurs fans have decided that Daws has had his best years, it's almost certainly best all round for Daws to leave.

Of course it might turn out we should have kept Daws, but ATM for me this feels right for Fazio to replace Daws.

I would have hated to see the crowd at the Lane turn on Daws, and I fear that could have happened this season.
I reckon you might just be right sir greaves but at least now he can live long in the memory with great fondness. Proper player and proper Spurs.

Very happy with the squad, I hope they leave it as it is, if there are out goings, BAE and maybe Naughton otherwise leave it.... I know it is full but a big squad is good for competition, and we're competing on as many fronts a possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom