Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just saw somewhere that Rose has impressed Poch in the pre-season. The contract extension obviously speaks to that. Didn't realize that Rose was having such a positive spell

I just think that Pooch selected to have his Director of Football handle contract renewals under his Staff Responsibilities menu.

I just saw somewhere that Rose has impressed Poch in the pre-season. The contract extension obviously speaks to that. Didn't realize that Rose was having such a positive spell
CJJ CJJ found a nice clip of Poch cuddling Rose at the baseball game
SHIT GONA BE LIKE
cus-with-mike-300x253.jpg

this is called the "Aaron Lennon syndrome"
every fucken pre-season he impresses the shit out of our manager, then comes some good words for him, everybody loves him for a week, and he goes back to being bullshit.

god i hope im wrong, but then again , Lennon was my favourite player few years ago, and i do like dRose too.

For whatever reason whenever I think of Danny Rose, I immediately have flashbacks to all of those 5-0, 6-0, 4-0 batterings we got last season.

Give DannyBoy a run at LM for some Europa fixtures and see if his game has evolved a bit. Nothing much to lose really since a signed Back up LB and a ton to gain

I'm probably one of the people who has been the hardest on Rose, but tonight he played very well. Looked fine throughout preseason to be honest.
I'd love to be wrong about him, if he could find some stability and calmness to his game he could become a very good player.

I'm probably one of the people who has been the hardest on Rose, but tonight he played very well. Looked fine throughout preseason to be honest.
I'd love to be wrong about him, if he could find some stability and calmness to his game he could become a very good player.

If there's a player that will benefit from structured, focused, and precise coaching it is Rose. He has the ability, he just needs someone instructing him where to be rather then being left to his own devices.

If there's a player that will benefit from structured, focused, and precise coaching it is Rose. He has the ability, he just needs someone instructing him where to be rather then being left to his own devices.

Plus last season we were begging for him to play there as we only had moaning Jan as backup this year Ben Davies there as first choice he has to knuckle down and play, simple as that, one swallow doesn't make a Summer but the good thing now is he has to play well to be considered and did today

I thought Davies would start v West Ham, now I'm not so sure. Rose has looked good recently, but he has a temper. Now we need battlers v Hammers, but we don't need a red card, and in Rose and Holtby we have two candidates for that I fear on Saturday. I think I'd still start both of them though. They have to channel their aggression correctly (cynically). West ham have a few red card candidates as well, but easier for a ref to send an away player off.

It's amazing what renewed focus and a genuine threat to your position can do. The best Rose has played for a long time, was a threat going forward and bust a gut to get back, and was strong in defence, calm under pressure. He also looks to have added a little physically, or is that just my imagination?

Davies did himself no favours when he came on and it looks like Rose will start the season as first choice. Based on pre-season I have no complaints.

Rose deserved the criticism from
Fans last season, not for mistakes, all players make mistakes but for his terrible attitude which cost us so many times, not tracking back is unacceptable.

I don't know if it's poch or the fact he has competition now but he seemed like a new player yesterday. If he works hard he has a future, if he goes back to last seasons attitude he will be sold.

It's amazing what renewed focus and a genuine threat to your position can do. The best Rose has played for a long time, was a threat going forward and bust a gut to get back, and was strong in defence, calm under pressure. He also looks to have added a little physically, or is that just my imagination?

Davies did himself no favours when he came on and it looks like Rose will start the season as first choice. Based on pre-season I have no complaints.

That's what competition does I guess. In fairness to Davies it's one game, thought Kane had his worst game in a spurs shirt yesterday but I know Kane is normally
Much better, everyone has a bad game and I bet Davies is a little nervous at the moment.

Agree about adding physically. At one point I thought to myself that he looks more toned in the face but overall more imposing. That's what 2 and 3 a days do to you. Excited to see him and Davies push each other.

Back
Top Bottom