Lewis Holtby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its a documented fact that Shalke were not interested enough to pay his wages.

Maybe Blackpool were in for him. But Im questioning where were all the top clubs if the guy is as good as people are making him out to be.

Fulham showed the most interest and got him. What is so amazingly difficult for you to understand?

What is so difficult for you to understand that these are free people, not slaves who go to the highest or most interested bidder? Especially for a four month loan move? And furthermore, why does this concept need explaining to a grown adult?

Last edited:
Has anyone considered the possibility that Lewis went to Fulham because it suited:

a) him - minimal lifestyle impact
b) PL experience for a player that's still adapting
c) First team experience for a young player
d) A club which offers no distinct rivalry or threat to spurs

Essentially though, who gives a fuck?

Aside from d), yes this has all been mentioned. D) should also be assumed due to the fact Fulham has always been open to business with us and there has never been bad blood between the fanbases.

But yes, the "convenience" of this move both in terms of his career and lifestyle has been cited many times for Sammy ol boy.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Lewis went to Fulham because it suited:

c) First team experience for a young player
d) A club which offers no distinct rivalry or threat to spurs

Essentially though, who gives a fuck?
rVOJUxu.jpg

How you can determine a players worth based on a short term move made with contributing factors. It's not like you're even judging him on his market value under normal circumstances.

If you apply the arguments in this thread to the originator's favoured players, you'd get a different outcome.

Dunno why people care who Holtby went on loan to - he was just one of a raft of players that Sherwood alienated, imo, that's all there is to it.

What is so difficult for you to understand that these are free people, not slaves who go to the highest or most interested bidder? Especially for a four month loan move? And furthermore, why does this concept need explaining to a grown adult?

I didnt say he was a slave. I said that no one else was interested enough to sign him, or they would have done.

I think he would have chosen Shalke over Fulham.

Fulham showed more interest though.

I think this is the 30th time Ive said this to you.

My reply the last time this was brought up was, why was he up for going to Shalke then. They pulled out, and he ended up at Fulham.

How you can determine a players worth based on a short term move made with contributing factors. It's not like you're even judging him on his market value under normal circumstances.

I havent judged his worth.
I said Fulham were the only club interested enough to sign him and where were all the top clubs if he's as good as people are making out?

Shalke thought it would be handy as he had come from them but pulled out over his wages.
Southampton was mentioned by Cahspur....Ive never read anything about them trying to sign him though.
He was signed by Fulham.

Thats that. Why are people so offended by some simple facts?

I didnt say he was a slave. I said that no one else was interested enough to sign him, or they would have done.

I think he would have chosen Shalke over Fulham.

Fulham showed more interest though.

I think this is the 30th time Ive said this to you.

Right, and you have multiple people telling you this is an incorrect assumption. That is insufficient evidence to leap to that conclusion.

You didn't say verbatim he was a slave, but you are inferring as such by making the assumption that a player only moves to the club most interested. That would be true if the player had no free will of his own - but as it turns out they very much do, and this holds yet more precedence when considering a short loan stint.

Again, rather shocking this needs explanation. Simple life concept more so than football. I'm not sure how things are done in the UK, but Stateside we covered the Emancipation Proclamation before the age of ten.

Aside from d), yes this has all been mentioned. D) should also be assumed due to the fact Fulham has always been open to business with us and there has never been bad blood between the fanbases.

:soldadolol:

But yes, the "convenience" of this move both in terms of his career and lifestyle has been cited many times for Sammy ol boy.

And in your words, it was equally convenient for his lifestyle to pack up and go all the way to Germany (laughable contradiction but oh well)

But guess what.....Shalke didnt show enough interest to pay his wages. Fulham did.

Right, and you have multiple people telling you this is an incorrect assumption.

Lucky Im a free thinking human then and not a sheep I suppose.

Who are these multiple people? Forum dwellers like me.

My opinion is based on events. Your opinion is based on (haha) proposed possibilites which you say, because seemingly assumption is a dirty word to you.

You made the most assumptions of anyone here on this.

:soldadolol:

And in your words, it was equally convenient for his lifestyle to pack up and go all the way to Germany (laughable contradiction but oh well)

But guess what.....Shalke didnt show enough interest to pay his wages. Fulham did.

Where did I say they were "equally convenient?" Dig hard, Sam ol boy.

What I did say he had multiple "convenient" options available, and provided rationale as to why. If you've ever been offered multiple jobs, you'll know it's astoundingly actually possible to have multiple desirable options.

emrknjp.gif

Lucky Im a free thinking human then and not a sheep I suppose.

Who are these multiple people? Forum dwellers like me.

My opinion is based on events. Your opinion is based on (haha) proposed possibilites which you say, because seemingly assumption is a dirty word to you.

You made the most assumptions of anyone here on this.

You have to be kidding. You cannot be this naive and ignorant. Surely this degree is not possible at your age. Do you really define "proposing possibilities" and "making assumptions" as identical?

Where did I say they were "equally convenient?" Dig hard, Sam ol boy.

What I did say he had multiple "convenient" options available, and provided rationale as to why. If you've ever been offered multiple jobs, you'll know it's astoundingly actually possible to have multiple desirable options.

Ok, can you list all these options, other than Shalke, and show me where you have found the information that they had shown more interest than Fulham please.

Its good that you are not assuming on this....just proposing it could have happened..

:pochserious:

I havent judged his worth.
I said Fulham were the only club interested enough to sign him and where were all the top clubs if he's as good as people are making out?

Shalke thought it would be handy as he had come from them but pulled out over his wages.
Southampton was mentioned by Cahspur....Ive never read anything about them trying to sign him though.
He was signed by Fulham.

Thats that. Why are people so offended by some simple facts?

As far as the Southampton links, I'm pretty sure that comes from Poch telling the press nearly a week before the Fulham loan that he was actually going there. Why would he know if he hadn't tried to sign him?

You have to be kidding. You cannot be this naive and ignorant. Surely this degree is not possible at your age. Do you really define "proposing possibilities" and "making assumptions" as identical?

No. But you are not proposing possibilities.

You are saying that it is an "incorrect assumption" to say that Fulham showed the most interest.

That itself is an assumption.

Ok, can you list all these options, other than Shalke, and show me where you have found the information that they had shown more interest than Fulham please.

Its good that you are not assuming on this....just proposing it could have happened..

:pochserious:

Sammy, the point is not that there were options, and that they did have more interest, as those are assumptions. My point was that you cannot assume from the information at hand that Fulham was certainly the most interested club, nor that they were even the only along with Schalke. That is it. You're simply misinterpreting otherwise.

As far as the Southampton links, I'm pretty sure that comes from Poch telling the press nearly a week before the Fulham loan that he was actually going there. Why would he know if he hadn't tried to sign him?

Well they were either not interested enough, or Holtby chose to play with a load of shit players instead of a load of top creative ones to gain experience.

#ambtious

No. But you are not proposing possibilities.

You are saying that it is an "incorrect assumption" to say that Fulham showed the most interest.

That itself is an assumption.

No it's not, it's making a statement that your assumption is based on insufficient evidence.

Did all of your teachers just have epic boobs? I'll admit, my senior Brit Lit teacher in high school was a redhead with gigantic tits who somehow only possessed tight shirts, so my knowledge of Brit Lit is nothing short of complete shit.

Back
Top Bottom