Ledley King Testimonial

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

070813164922.png

Players from 1999, onwards.

Would love to see this line up!! :avbdamn:

But it wont happen ... :klinsmann:

About time, right?
Oh and does anybody know if testimonial matches are broadcasted?
As in will I be able to stream it online?

Incredibly unlikely. Spurs TV if you're lucky.

Unfortunately, there's not going to be the commercial sense to televise such a match, as there's such a proportionately small number of people who would want to watch it (when compared to something else that might be on).

Who are we playing - Real Madrid?

Probably part of Vertonghen and Eriksen's presentation 'on stage'?

For those that can't read tweets

Our Legendary former captain will lead a Ledley Guest XI from his playing days against the current First Team on what is sure to be a special night of nostalgia and excitement at the Lane.

Good causes chosen by Ledley will also benefit and will be announced shortly.

The former England international made 323 appearances for the Club during a career which saw him lead the team to League Cup glory at Wembley in 2008 and help secure Champions League qualification for the first time in our history in 2009-10 before calling time on his playing career in the summer of 2012.

He has since spent the past two years as a Club Ambassador and has worked closely with the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation to support a number of projects aimed at creating life changing opportunities for people in the local community, as well as engaging regularly with the Club's fanbase both on matchdays and through specific supporter events at home and abroad.

Ledley, a rare breed in modern-day football in being a one-club man, is relishing the prospect of stepping out onto the pitch at the Lane one last time for this showcase fixture.

"I am delighted to be given this game by the Club," said Ledley. "It will be an extremely emotional evening for me, especially to play again at White Hart Lane in front of our amazing fans and I will savour every moment. This Club is so special to me and I hope that the fans can share in what will be a great night."

Chairman Daniel Levy added: "Ledley is one of the greatest players to wear the colours of this Club and we look forward to recognising his great service and loyalty with this game. It will be a memorable evening for everyone."

Keep an eye on tottenhamhotspur.com for further updates on who will form the squad for the Ledley Guest XI

Ticket Information

Tickets for this match are available on General Sale to purchase now via the usual Club channels.

Visit https://www.eticketing.co.uk/tottenhamhotspur/default.aspx or call 0844 844 0102 (Option 1) to buy your tickets* A per ticket booking fee of £1.75 (online) or £2.25 (phone) will apply.

Tickets are priced as follows:

Adults - £20.00

Seniors (65+) - £10.00

Junior (U16) - £5.00

Family Package (Two Adults and Two Juniors) – Available in all areas at £40.00

Hospitality packages are also available for the game.

20 fucking quid, ridiculous.

It won't be against our "first team" because none of them will want to get injured in a friendly a month before the World Cup.

Obviously i'll still be going though..

Back
Top Bottom