What next for us?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A number of countries usually bin their managers after the World Cup, so there may be a lucrative offer.

Man U may come sniffing. City are rumoured to be losing patience with Pellegrini.

And there's a new team in Miami.

All mere speculation on my part but then so is everything else in this thread.

As said above, he's made it clear he wants to retire, and only England holds any interest to him. The Miami team isn't starting for a couple of years yet, and City gave Mancini a lot longer, so I doubt they will sack Skeletor, he's already got them a trophy they can wave their dicks next to, and he looks set to win the league. I can't see them booting him on the back of a freak result against Wigan and losing to Barcelona.

As for Moyes, he's almost certain to be given time, with the man who chose him still pulling the strings behind the scene.

You're making factual statements about future events so, I figured must be the case. Thanks for clarifying.

Looked like I was asking a question in the post you quoted bulldog, but if you say I was making a factual statement then so be it.

Shit, have I been #FoundOut again?

83934283.gif

Lots of people are talking like LvG is a done deal.

I don't know the bloke and maybe he's lifelong Tottenham but apart from that I'm struggling to see why he would come to us with the choices Likely to be on offer in the summer.

The hope we have is that he said he wanted to manage in the Prem. With City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Woolwich unlikely to change their manager it leaves us or United. But to be honest I think united will stick with Gollum.

Exactly. There's being a control freak, and then there's being over the top. He's obviously made it work before - and has had to do so under many Chairmen.
I would hope if he doesn't agree with the setup, he won't take the job. If he does, he can't moan about it (like AVB did, subtly after his departure).

I would hope if he doesn't agree with the setup, he won't take the job. If he does, he can't moan about it (like AVB did, subtly after his departure).
To be fair to AVB, you can't always judge a work environment from the outside.

I took a job about 7-8 years ago. I was head of department where I worked at the time I went for an interview. During the interview it was sold to me that I would be setting up a new, bigger department at the new firm in conjunction with someone who had done the same job elsewhere. When I joined this was not how it ended up. This guy thought he was in charge and he'd boss me about as if I was his bitch. Suffice it to say our relationship broke down pretty quickly and I left for greener pastures as soon as I could find a new opportunity. But I simply couldn't have predicted that going into to it because what was discussed during the interview process was entirely different. It could be that it was similar for AVB going in and his inexperience and nativity meant that he bought into it. But once he was there all was not quite as rosy as he expected it to be.

To be fair to AVB, you can't always judge a work environment from the outside.

I took a job about 7-8 years ago. I was head of department where I worked at the time I went for an interview. During the interview it was sold to me that I would be setting up a new, bigger department at the new firm in conjunction with someone who had done the same job elsewhere. When I joined this was not how it ended up. This guy thought he was in charge and he'd boss me about as if I was his bitch. Suffice it to say our relationship broke down pretty quickly and I left for greener pastures as soon as I could find a new opportunity. But I simply couldn't have predicted that going into to it because what was discussed during the interview process was entirely different. It could be that it was similar for AVB going in and his inexperience and nativity meant that he bought into it. But once he was there all was not quite as rosy as he expected it to be.
Soooooo....you took a cleaning job with the intention of improving the products used to give the floor that shine, but a fellow cleaner found a better floor cleaner for a cheaper price. He cleaned behind you, making your shiny floors even shinier. You had a jousting fight using Henry hoovers as horses and mops as jousts, he won. Needless to say, you got sacked and now scrape chewing gum off the streets of Grimsby. And you're still bitter about it :adethumbup:

Maybe I'm a tad bit optimistic, but I think if we win all our games we can still make top four.

We have 8 more games to play, while Liverpool and Woolwich have a game in hand, but....

Liverpool still have to play us, Man City and Chelsea, while Woolwich still have to play Chelsea, Man City and Everton, if they lose all of those games we're back in it. Those are some incredibly tough fixtures.

Mar 2313:30 GMTTottenham Hotspur v SouthamptonWhite Hart LanePremier League
Mar 3015:00 GMTLiverpool v Tottenham HotspurAnfieldPremier League
Apr 719:00 GMTTottenham Hotspur v SunderlandWhite Hart LanePremier League
Apr 1214:00 GMTWest Bromwich Albion v Tottenham HotspurThe HawthornsPremier League
Apr 1911:45 GMTTottenham Hotspur v FulhamWhite Hart LanePremier League
Apr 2614:00 GMTStoke City v Tottenham HotspurBritannia StadiumPremier League
May 314:00 GMTWest Ham United v Tottenham HotspurUpton ParkPremier League
May 1114:00 GMTTottenham Hotspur v Aston VillaWhite Hart LanePremier League

We have 8 games left, and 7 out of the 8 are very win-able. If we can play with some confidence, we can win all of those games. 7 wins and 1 draw = 22 points. Which will take us up to 75 points.

If Liverpool lose to Man City, Chelsea and us, and accidentally lose against Newcastle and Cardiff, they will be on 74 points even if they win the rest of the games.

If Woolwich lose to City, Chelsea and Everton, collapses and lose to Newcastle and Swansea, even if the win the rest of their games they will only have 74 points.

If either one of these two teams start dropping points, we are right back in contention for top 4. Have faith.

Soooooo....you took a cleaning job with the intention of improving the products used to give the floor that shine, but a fellow cleaner found a better floor cleaner for a cheaper price. He cleaned behind you, making your shiny floors even shinier. You had a jousting fight using Henry hoovers as horses and mops as jousts, he won. Needless to say, you got sacked and now scrape chewing gum off the streets of Grimsby. And you're still bitter about it :adethumbup:
Cunt.

Perfectly reasonable conversation and you turn it to shit.

SoldadoElRest: 508365 said:
Maybe I'm a tad bit optimistic, but I think if we win all our games we can still make top four.

We have 8 more games to play, while Liverpool and Woolwich have a game in hand, but....

Liverpool still have to play us, Man City and Chelsea, while Woolwich still have to play Chelsea, Man City and Everton, if they lose all of those games we're back in it. Those are some incredibly tough fixtures.

Mar 2313:30 GMTTottenham Hotspur v SouthamptonWhite Hart LanePremier League
Mar 3015:00 GMTLiverpool v Tottenham HotspurAnfieldPremier League
Apr 719:00 GMTTottenham Hotspur v SunderlandWhite Hart LanePremier League
Apr 1214:00 GMTWest Bromwich Albion v Tottenham HotspurThe HawthornsPremier League
Apr 1911:45 GMTTottenham Hotspur v FulhamWhite Hart LanePremier League
Apr 2614:00 GMTStoke City v Tottenham HotspurBritannia StadiumPremier League
May 314:00 GMTWest Ham United v Tottenham HotspurUpton ParkPremier League
May 1114:00 GMTTottenham Hotspur v Aston VillaWhite Hart LanePremier League

We have 8 games left, and 7 out of the 8 are very win-able. If we can play with some confidence, we can win all of those games. 7 wins and 1 draw = 22 points. Which will take us up to 75 points.

If Liverpool lose to Man City, Chelsea and us, and accidentally lose against Newcastle and Cardiff, they will be on 74 points even if they win the rest of the games.

If Woolwich lose to City, Chelsea and Everton, collapses and lose to Newcastle and Swansea, even if the win the rest of their games they will only have 74 points.

If either one of these two teams start dropping points, we are right back in contention for top 4. Have faith.
You been teefin my mushrooms :sherwoodlol:

Liverpool still have to play us, Man City and Chelsea, while Woolwich still have to play Chelsea, Man City and Everton, if they lose all of those games we're back in it.

They won't though will they, because they are cunts. They'll probably lose a couple just to give us hope then on the final day of the season they'll be 5-0 up at half time and we'll be ruing missed opportunities again.

Conclusions after 3 consecutive dismal defeats:
1) the sooner Sherwood leaves our club the better for all. He demeans us daily.
2) Chadli is not good enough for Spurs
3) we have a surfeit of similar midfield players. Probably best to dispense with Livermore, Paulinho, Capoue. Stick with Eriksen, Sandro, Carroll, Dembele.
4) persevere with Soldado. Accept 8m+ for Adebayor if it comes
5) Lennon can be sold. Keep Townsend and Lamela
6) if Lloris and Vertonghen wish to leave, let them and get maximum cash for them
7) Naughton is a complete liability. Ditch him
8) Dawson must stay even if not a regular. He plays for the shirt
9) Walker worries me. Probably time for a break and surgery.
10)LvG is not right for Spurs. Too old anyway. I'd take Martinez tomorrow but we won't get him. Need someone in that age bracket (but not Pocchetino). Time for a more cerebral approach, though.
11)bring in goalkeeper (Begovic? Courtois?) if Lloris leaves, left-back (Shaw?), CB (Caulker?), midfielder (Barkley?) and striker (Lukaku?)

Should it become obvious (if not already) that Vert/Hugo want CL football and therefore away. Then I,d tempt Liverpool (they will be hunting for a CB in the Summer) with the offer of them both , plus say 5-10 mill, with Sterling and Minule? Minela? Their keeper! Coming the other way. Either this or Vert/Townsend for Sterling. Then Chadli or Lennon offered to Sunderland as part of a deal for Adam Johnson. Then a offer (that they can't refuse) to Villa for Benteke. Buy Caulker back from relegated Cardiff. Raise money from the sales of Paulinho, Siggy, Chadli, Lennon, Townsend, if these not involved in any swap deals. Bring back Holtby/Tom Carroll. Possibly Livermore too. Find another CB and we,re sorted!!

If, buts and maybes!

COYS!!
Would prefer to sell our players over seas. Could see Vert at Barca. Lloris at PSG and Paulinho at Madrid. Dont rate Johnson too highly seeing as he floundered at Man City. Would love to see a Caulker/ Chiriches pairing. Dont see the point in selling townsend. Say we keep Chadli and sell siggy and lennon. We have so many players that can play on the right wing its sickening.

Back
Top Bottom