What next for us?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have concerns over LvG too....he will either shape the players up, or drive an even bigger wedge between them and the manager. Known to be (another) head case.

Also, has one eye firmly on retirement. Not sure how much bullshit he can be bothered to put up with.

Thirdly, there is a worrying Messiah feeling concerning him within our fanbase. The expectations will be massive, the patience will run out quickly........and BANG!

HappyGroundhogDay_.gif

I am more worried about Levy, LVG will take no shit and expect to control everything at the club top to bottom which to be fair he should have but Levy's ego may cause a huge problem. In terms of players LVG is a fergie, gets 110% out of players who follow him, players that argue head out the door, LVG scares players shitless, AVB just annoyed them.

I am more worried about Levy, LVG will take no shit and expect to control everything at the club top to bottom which to be fair he should have but Levy's ego may cause a huge problem. In terms of players LVG is a fergie, gets 110% out of players who follow him, players that argue head out the door, LVG scares players shitless, AVB just annoyed them.

So Baldini will have to go then I guess....

Shambolic

Might have a problem with LVG in that Manure are falling so hard they may sack Moyes and then its a fight between us for him. If we get him I then hope Levy gets locked in a basement for the next 5 years and LVG is left to get on with it.
Depends how you look at it. Man U have more money, a bigger stadium and much bigger global fandom. I'd hardly say they are now on our level. That said, they also have Ferguson floating around behind the scenes. People talk of LvG falling out with Levy, but at Man U you've got an even stronger backroom influence.

I think it could go either way. Personally I think it depends on what sort of fight LvG is up for. I think he could have more personal glory in winning trophies with the perennial nearly men that we are, than restoring to grace a team that has only just begun to falter

Lots of people are talking like LvG is a done deal.

I don't know the bloke and maybe he's lifelong Tottenham but apart from that I'm struggling to see why he would come to us with the choices Likely to be on offer in the summer.

What does Baldini have to do with LvG coming in?

I am more worried about Levy, LVG will take no shit and expect to control everything at the club top to bottom which to be fair he should have but Levy's ego may cause a huge problem.
I believe sammyspurs sammyspurs was referring to this.

I agree that he will demand a certain amount of power and say-so (more-so than our recent managers), though I'm pretty sure LvG must have worked with a DoF before, either at Ajax, Barca or Bayern?

Just sounds like LvG is a total control freak from what people have said
Yeah, but again, what's that got to do with Baldini?

LvG may be a control freak, but you don't get to be as successful as he is without also being able to work with people and get things out of them.

This myth that has been built up around him of him being impossible to work with makes me think that people assume he works entirely by himself.

I believe sammyspurs sammyspurs was referring to this.

I agree that he will demand a certain amount of power and say-so (more-so than our recent managers), though I'm pretty sure LvG must have worked with a DoF before, either at Ajax, Barca or Bayern?
Exactly. There's being a control freak, and then there's being over the top. He's obviously made it work before - and has had to do so under many Chairmen.

Im talking the possible relation problems with LvG and Baldini IF he is as much of a control freak as people are saying.
May be his desire for discipline only extends as far as the training field - while leaving top layer to sort itself out - i.e. 'I want player X and Y - make it happen'

Lots of people are talking like LvG is a done deal.

I don't know the bloke and maybe he's lifelong Tottenham but apart from that I'm struggling to see why he would come to us with the choices Likely to be on offer in the summer.
Challenge!!

He plans on retiring unless an offer comes in from England. What options?
A number of countries usually bin their managers after the World Cup, so there may be a lucrative offer.

Man U may come sniffing. City are rumoured to be losing patience with Pellegrini.

And there's a new team in Miami.

All mere speculation on my part but then so is everything else in this thread.

A number of countries usually bin their managers after the World Cup, so there may be a lucrative offer.

Man U may come sniffing. City are rumoured to be losing patience with Pellegrini.

And there's a new team in Miami.

All mere speculation on my part but then so is everything else in this thread.
Exactly - assuming we're the only ones offering him a job is laughable at best. We certainly should be considering other options just in case.

Phil Brown, Clive Allen, Eriksson, etc.

Back
Top Bottom