Louis Van Gaal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hoping more than ever that LVG gets the nod next season.

was wondering though that with his commitments at the World Cup whether this could potentially interrupt our pre-season? Its also worth wondering whether TS would be fired at the end of the season or at the end of the world cup?

i can't wait for LVG to get the nod to become our manager

only for him to turn us down at the last minute for united,and end up with alex mcleish :lamelawtf:

Would love King Louis but the state of ManYoo worries me too much.
I can't see them letting someone with van Gaal's experience slip the net when they are in such a crisis.

He would be the answer to all our prayers, he would know what his best 11 is and he would build on that.
The players would respect him and no one would waddle around the pitch with a face liked a slapped Arse or they would know they would be out.
We need a leader, a strong character a respected football genius..... And LVG is that man..

Would love King Louis but the state of ManYoo worries me too much.
I can't see them letting someone with van Gaal's experience slip the net when they are in such a crisis.

He would be the answer to all our prayers, he would know what his best 11 is and he would build on that.
The players would respect him and no one would waddle around the pitch with a face liked a slapped Arse or they would know they would be out.
We need a leader, a strong character a respected football genius..... And LVG is that man..

Can't imagine Fergie would want someone with such a domineering presence. I think he's too much of wildcard to get the United job. SAF wouldn't want someone with enough personality to stand up, look him in the eye, and defy him.

Agreed with everything else you said. He's exactly what we need.

Fergie pulls each and every string at that club. Only reason Moyes still has a job.

I'm inclined to agree.. Fergie is still the man who says what goes on at the club.
He went round to Moyes' house to ask him if he wanted the job. He would not want to see him fail and will be doing all in his power to make sure he's given time..
It will come down to who gets their own way, the board or Fergie.

He recommended Moyes, that's about it - what other strings is pulling - is this some ITK?

It's pretty common knowledge that Ferguson has all the power behind the scenes and he's the one saving Moyes from the sack. At least that's what I've gathered from what gets reported. I mean, I don't follow United particularly closely but that's how it seems to get discussed.

It's pretty common knowledge that Ferguson has all the power behind the scenes and he's the one saving Moyes from the sack. At least that's what I've gathered from what gets reported. I mean, I don't follow United particularly closely but that's how it seems to get discussed.
I beg to differ - most of those writings have been speculation at best. As someone else mentioned - becomes a case of what the board is looking to achieve - plus it seemed like SAF wanted to take a break from all football matters and enjoy his holiday. Just my 2 cents.

Moyes is going nowhere - fergie asked the fans to be patient and afford the new manager the time he got. He'll look a cunt if they bin Moyes off now. I will also applaud them if they stick with their boss.

I beg to differ - most of those writings have been speculation at best. As someone else mentioned - becomes a case of what the board is looking to achieve - plus it seemed like SAF wanted to take a break from all football matters and enjoy his holiday. Just my 2 cents.
Thing is even if Fergie had little to no power behind the scenes, sacking Moyes would be going completely against the nature of the club itself. They are not a sacking club, and they take pride in that.

Don't worry, we'll turn LvG into a bumbling foreign buffoon before Christmas... with the Media revelling in yet another opportunity we've provided them with to lampoon the Pug-nosed loser!!!

Can you imagine the tantrum Gary Neville would have if they sacked Moyes, considering all the moaning he's done about other clubs sacking coaches, one can only assume he would go into complete meltdown.

In reality though I can't see Moyes not getting the chance to turn things around he will get at least 2 seasons. So unless City, Woolwich, Liverpool or Chelsea have a fit and sack their bosses then I think we are in pole position for LvG

Back
Top Bottom