Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ok boys prepare the disagree fingers but ... if we can get money for him, let him go - there are cheaper and younger alternatives that aren't that far from his level (i think). He's not in my top 20 of best goalies in this world, never really understood the Lloris love in - good goalie no doubt and has done very well in patches. I love the courage he has and his reflexes are good but he's made out to be a superb goalie and i do not agree on that assesment. Obv i am wrong if the likes of Barca are after him but still i dont see why they'd go for him.

Absolutely no disrespect to Lloris intended.
Not in the top 20 might be a stretch, but I can certainly see him not being top 5 (or 10 if you really argued)

Jesus Christ, people who think we can get better than Hugo in goal are off their heads!

I was reading this Q&A with tony parks where he talks about Lloris and what he sees in him at first hand is just amazing.

You can defmintely see how quick he is in the head, the way he reads things and on top of that, his actual shot stopping/reflexes are superb! Just look at the saves he's made in the last two games, unbelievable.

Apparently, according to Tony, he makes a decision and straight away sticks with it, never ever changes his mind, that's why you never see him in two minds in no mans land, he makes his mind up and goes through with it. Most of the time, it works out and that's what makes him one of the best in the world in my opinion.

This is all a bit over the top about a couple of throw away comments from a third party.
Well, he did say he'd have to think about things if we didn't get top 4. I don't see it as hugely unlikely he'd leave us in the summer. Obviously not to the scum, but PSG might want to replace Sirigu.

I'd be interested to see your top 5. I'm struggling to name more than 1.

Neuer, Cech, I could possibly rate Buffon and Courtouis higher too, but that might just be based on Lloris' dip in form after his head injury. I wasn't saying he was definitely not in my top 5, but I can see an argument for 5 other keepers being above him.

Lloris' kicking, punching and claiming from corners are all suspect but he's been our best keeper for quite some time! I think we'll have a tough time keeping quite a few of our top players if we don't reach top 4 especially if any of them have a good world cup & considering several clubs who have champions league/less restrictive wage structure than us will be restructuring then we could be having to reject bids for : Paulinho, Sandro, Lloris, Vertonghan, Townsend.

Well, he did say he'd have to think about things if we didn't get top 4. I don't see it as hugely unlikely he'd leave us in the summer. Obviously not to the scum, but PSG might want to replace Sirigu.

Neuer, Cech, I could possibly rate Buffon and Courtouis higher too, but that might just be based on Lloris' dip in form after his head injury.
Forgot about Courtouis admittedly but you'd genuinely have Buffon and Cech over a 25 year old Hugo?

I've just broken up with a perfect 10, think I might be going through a whole 'best you never had' thing
:defoe:

Forgot about Courtouis admittedly but you'd genuinely have Buffon and Cech over a 25 year old Hugo?

Based on how they're playing this very moment, sure. Based on the fact they're likely reaching the peak or have past it, no.

I've just broken up with a perfect 10, think I might be going through a whole 'best you never had' thing
:defoe:
:adebaehug:

haha i knew everyone was going to go batshit crazy over my statement , the top 20 thing was a bit of trolling admitted but still the following list of goalies is better then Lloris (IMO) :
Neuer, Courtois,Chech, Buffon ,Valdes (who i dont rate that highly either) and Ter Stegen are all better goalies. I'd complete my top ten with Reina (for what i have seen from Napoli he is doing very well), Casillas (based on the past obviously) Sirigu, Enyeama all come before Lloris for me. Mignolet is about the same level atm because he is too unstable in his performances.

And i dont see enough from every competition to judge the other goalies. For instance the south american leagues are a huge blindspot in my football knowledge so i cant say for sure that there arent any goalies there that deserve to be in the top ten, esp as the Brasilian league is growing stronger every year.

Lloris is arguable the player I would be most disappointed to see go and in all likelyhood if we don't achieve 4th he will. To see him at Man.U would be gutting and I reckon that's where he might end up (#NOTITK).

The only way we will keep players like Lloris if we don't achieve Champions League is to bring in a manager with pedigree that the players will really want to play for. That's certainly not Tim bashing but the truth.

...and you can't handle the truth! :)jacknicholsonsmilieshouldgohere:)

Chech, Buffon ,Valdes (who i dont rate that highly either) and Ter Stegen are all better goalies. I'd complete my top ten with Reina (for what i have seen from Napoli he is doing very well), Casillas (based on the past obviously) Sirigu, Enyeama all come before Lloris for me. Mignolet is about the same level atm .

wat_png__by_katysz__by_katysz-d6j542d.png

haha i knew everyone was going to go batshit crazy over my statement , the top 20 thing was a bit of trolling admitted but still the following list of goalies is better then Lloris (IMO) :
Neuer, Courtois,Chech, Buffon ,Valdes (who i dont rate that highly either) and Ter Stegen are all better goalies. I'd complete my top ten with Reina (for what i have seen from Napoli he is doing very well), Casillas (based on the past obviously) Sirigu, Enyeama all come before Lloris for me. Mignolet is about the same level atm because he is too unstable in his performances.

And i dont see enough from every competition to judge the other goalies. For instance the south american leagues are a huge blindspot in my football knowledge so i cant say for sure that there arent any goalies there that deserve to be in the top ten, esp as the Brasilian league is growing stronger every year.
You lost me at Valdes and I stopped right there. Sorry brotha

He only seems good because he never has anything to do, but in any game where Barca are under pressure, he's good for a mistake everytime.
I don't know any people that judge a keeper as good because they don't do anything nor does a keeper just standing around look good, that's absurd.. His distribution is the best in the World. His shot stopping is phenomenal, iffy with crosses, but most keepers have a weakness. He's going to be starting for Spain in the WC ahead of some excellent keepers in Diego Lopez, Iker Casillas and David De Gea. Criminally under-rated and his mistakes are few and far between. Definitely not everytime Barca are under pressure.

I don't know any people that judge a keeper as good because they don't do anything nor does a keeper just standing around look good, that's absurd.. His distribution is the best in the World. His shot stopping is phenomenal, iffy with crosses, but most keepers have a weakness. He's going to be starting for Spain in the WC ahead of some excellent keepers in Diego Lopez, Iker Casillas and David De Gea. Criminally under-rated and his mistakes are few and far between. Definitely not everytime Barca are under pressure.

I have seen plenty of people rate him highly purely from games where he has had to make 2-3 saves tops, and people proclaim him as the best keeper in the world. Every time I watch Barca, he always seems to make a mistake so I don't rate him at all, but each to their own. All I know is that I would be really disappointed if he became our Number 1 after Hugo.

I have seen plenty of people rate him highly purely from games where he has had to make 2-3 saves tops, and people proclaim him as the best keeper in the world. Every time I watch Barca, he always seems to make a mistake so I don't rate him at all, but each to their own. All I know is that I would be really disappointed if he became our Number 1 after Hugo.
I take it you don't watch Barca all that often. Tbh, it's a testament to his concentration if he makes 2-3 saves and that's all he does. People rate Neuer as the best in the World and he is even more redundant as a GK with Bayern dominating every game with 70% possession. I'd love a keeper of Valdes' quality if Hugo were to go, but he's out of our League. I'd still have Hugo in the World's top ten mind.

I take it you don't watch Barca all that often. Tbh, it's a testament to his concentration if he makes 2-3 saves and that's all he does. People rate Neuer as the best in the World and he is even more redundant as a GK with Bayern dominating every game with 70% possession. I'd love a keeper of Valdes' quality if Hugo were to go, but he's out of our League. I'd still have Hugo in the World's top ten mind.

I watch them a fair few times, certainly not avidly though. Neuer is good, but certainly not the best, like you said, he does fuck all.

Back
Top Bottom