Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at our run in from now, and the real test now begins for Sherwood:

Expected-to-win games sandwiched by Europe.

12/02 - Newcastle Away
20/02 - Dnipro Away
23/02 - Norwich Away
27/02 - Dnipro Home

Newcastle have lost their playmaker and might have key injuries still, aren't exactly "on a run". We'll probably be #Spursy and get a pasting, but I hope we take advantage. Dnipro will have a big distraction as surely our team selection will have to be either strong against Dnipro away, or rested for Norwich. Play some in both, and it could be risking a season-stuffing injury (ade). I feel that Soldado has been decent in Europe, so it could be a kick starter for him.
Do we prefer to concentrate on Europe and risk our "easier" league games?

02/03 - Cardiff Home
08/03 - Chelsea Away
16/03 - Woolwich Home
23/03 - Southampton Home
30/03 - Liverpool Away

March will be a killer, a really tough month. We play Arsehole before they play City, so that will depend on how they pick themselves up from their 5-0. Cardiff will hopefully propel us a little, but if we expect to lose points against Chelsea and should woolwich do the treble on us, then Southampton is a must win. Liverpool will probably be season defining.

The rest of the reason we should be looking at winning, really - lots of relegation fodder in there though, so they might have that 'relegation boost' mode on, perhaps some even "new manager" mode.

April: Sunderland (H), West Brom (A), Fulham (H), Stoke (A)
May: Spam (A), Villa (H)

I think we've actually got a decent set of games to enable us to creep into maybe even the top 3, with a few of them playing each other and thus likely to drop points one way or another.

Should be an exciting season, and maybe even a dilemma for Levy at the end?

Bear in mind this doesn't really take into account extra Europe games should we progress, but I don't know if I'd want us to, given our season will rest crucially on qualifying for CL football to keep key players?

What's everyones views? Would you prefer Timmy to focus on the league, or a cup run?

We have a big enough squad to focus on both now there's not as many injuries.

Not by the time Defoe has gone, if Ade gets injured we'll have Soldado and Kane, else Lamela or Chadli perhaps. All of which have Scored more than 1 goal from open play for us in total this season I think :llorishuh:

Not by the time Defoe has gone, if Ade gets injured we'll have Soldado and Kane, else Lamela or Chadli perhaps. All of which have Scored more than 1 goal from open play for us in total this season I think :llorishuh:

Perhaps I underestimate Dnipro but if ever a game to get them scoring...

We've got an enormous squad we should be able to navigate the Dnipro games and keep players fit without going to the extremes of avb (play 1st team all the time) and Harry (play dinner ladies and car park attendants)in the Europa.

The cerebration of a man that knows we had been awful all afternoon
cropped_Sherwood.gif

First 15 or 20 minutes I'd agree. He played quite well after (at least comparitavely to the rest of our midfield). Paulinho and Lennon were both dreadful today.

First 15 or 20 minutes I'd agree. He played quite well after (at least comparitavely to the rest of our midfield). Paulinho and Lennon were both dreadful today.
I don't know if he got better or we/he just realized that he just doesn't work well as a holding defensive midfielder. To his credit, he started pushing up higher and pressing earlier on, and he was way more solid than either Paulinho or Lennon. Everything was just flowing through the middle against us, and all to often he just looked like a non-factor in that role unless he was able to help break up a play around the middle of the pitch. If I had to pick a MotM, it would have probably been Dembele.

I will also say that I thought Rose had a pretty good game as well. Not MotM quality, but he looked good.

I honestly don;t think there was a single performnace worthy of MOTM today. Dembele started strong but faded and lacked the final ball (again), Ade worked hard, Rose and Walker both had good games... I dunno, pretty drab performance in general.

I honestly don;t think there was a single performnace worthy of MOTM today. Dembele started strong but faded and lacked the final ball (again), Ade worked hard, Rose and Walker both had good games... I dunno, pretty drab performance in general.
Thought Rose was particularly good today - very clever use of the ball, no hooding - passing to feet, worked hard, ran his socks off.

Back
Top Bottom