Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

45869739.jpg

:troll:

166500283.0_cinema_1050.0.jpg

After being subbed in against Everton, he was the only MF putting effective pressure on the ball.

I think that's why Sherwood likes him because he runs more than most, he is a high energy midfielder with good tackle, passing stats but I still feel that our midfield looks unbalanced. A 3 man midfield with Sandro at the base can't come soon enough, much as I love paulinho he is not defensive and needs to be higher up the pitch, bentaleb, dembele and capoue are all good players and we are lucky to have such a strong middle we just need the right system for their talents.

I think thats what Levy has been doing wrong, if we keep sacking managers at their peak before the inevitable 10 game downfall we'd be champions, sack him now lets get the new guy in!

Sherwood, and a Levy, have proved most people very wrong so far, including myself. But I am absolutely delighted for the bloke and hope it continues. If he gets 4th, there's no reason why he shouldn't be offered an extension and given a real chance.

he's turned Bentaleb into a hot commodity too, took a big chance in him throwing him all the way in but it's paying off bigtime

if the kid turns in another few performances like today he'll be well on his way to big things

and Ade is looking like a 20+ goal striker again, absolutely owned the lone strikers role today

Some comical posts here.

Bentalab was great today but the significant difference was he had Capoue behind him which allowed him to get forward more.

As for formation today - I thought we looked narrow and had very few in their preferred position. Newcastle on this form are one of the worst sides in the league and I think we'd have gotten smashed by a decent side funnily enough.

That said, we've just won 2 tough games so get in! Well done to all the lads.

Back
Top Bottom