Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's fine at depth, he just has no business starting.

Prefer him coming off the bench when there's more space to operate in and/or when there's tired legs on the pitch.

Can't be going into next season as him being our no1 LW, I would be livid.
Yep if he took a reasonable pay cut he’d be a useful bench option.

Certainly a safer bet than Solomon considering his injury record, and we may even get £5-10m when he’s recovered and sold.

Yep if he took a reasonable pay cut he’d be a useful bench option.

Certainly a safer bet than Solomon considering his injury record, and we may even get £5-10m when he’s recovered and sold.
Signing Werner is like buying a cat s high end motor.

Levynomics is polluting the debate.

Spurs are charging top dollar.

Why accept a write off as the real thing?

He’s had plenty of goal contributions.

I’m not suggesting we keep him as a first choice starter.
You are encouraging a line of thought that Werner is somehow a great compromise option.

Werner is damaged goods and the damage is permanent.

I was on the rehabilitation train until today.

Werner was clearly low on confidence upon arrival. His performances then steadily improved and he has scored and assisted in respectable, acceptable numbers.

Today he went to pieces after missing the chance set up for him by Brennan; who himself has come through a similar ordeal and shown the character to get through it.

Werner will continually let Spurs down in the long run by the looks of it.

He has ability but consistently believing in that ability seems to be beyond him.

I wish him well but fear the worst.

Last edited:
I'm fascinated by his stats in his last season at Leipzig where it says he scored 28 goals in the league. I just don't believe it.

Were the Germans using bigger goals in the league that season? Leipzig must have been creating a LOT of chances is all I can say. And possibly no offside rule.

I'm cheered though by the fact that the Chavs paid £50m for him back in the 2020 (when that was big money). He duly rewarded them with 10 goals over two seasons.

There's no way we're signing this guy is there? Cos he looks bang average to me.

I think my biggest concern with signing him, however good the deal is, is I don’t have confidence we will sign someone else for that role. If it was Kvara/Williams/Simons [whoever this star who does elevate us] AND Werner then could work

Ally McCoist was right co-commentating , Werner should have headed that Johnson cross in the Newcastle match yesterday. Instead he tried to boot it in and well.....

I'd rather we moved Son to the left and played Scarlett as the CF.

I'm fascinated by his stats in his last season at Leipzig where it says he scored 28 goals in the league. I just don't believe it.

Were the Germans using bigger goals in the league that season? Leipzig must have been creating a LOT of chances is all I can say. And possibly no offside rule.

I'm cheered though by the fact that the Chavs paid £50m for him back in the 2020 (when that was big money). He duly rewarded them with 10 goals over two seasons.

There's no way we're signing this guy is there? Cos he looks bang average to me.
He had confidence in him back then. He could finish. He never looked clean or ruthless like Kane or Son did, but the ball did find the back of the net. After he went to Chelsea, he just lost the confidence, and he got into a shell that he sadly never left from.

Not the players fault, but he is a good example of the madness of modern football.

180k per week???!!! For what?

More worrying is that he seems keen to sign for us, says he feels comfortable here? And that’s our issue here isn’t it? A culture at the club where players can come in, earn a fortune and not be challenged to actually achieve anything

Bundesliga defences are pretty funny, majority of their defenders always defend on the half way line, just like us actually so he had loads of space to run into.

Back
Top Bottom