Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he’s on a massive salary we shouldn’t sign him, pretty simple. He causes a threat and pulls opposition players towards him but if there’s no end product there’s no point paying him a lot.

He's generally effective and will rack up assists.

Thought was very effective. Maybe his best game for us. When he gains the confidence to sometimes cut inside and shoot for the back post will be very dangerous. Think our system suits him well

I thought he was a good outlet on the wing today. I wouldn't mind keeping him as a squad option but we still need another left winger.

I thought he was a good outlet on the wing today. I wouldn't mind keeping him as a squad option but we still need another left winger.

His option is £13m, we should easily be able to sign him as good depth and buy a top draw wide forward if we are serious about doing something next season.

I like him. He’s a nice lad and he works hard.

My concern is that one of our wingers has to pitch in with goals. And significant ones too. We need a player who, when he gets the ball, the opposition think ‘oh shit’.

Werner isn’t that player. He’s a 7/10 winger and a 4/10 finisher. We will obviously buy him. At that price it makes sense.

But, at some point, we’re going to need a genuine goal scorer. Sonny isn’t getting any younger.

If we had a proper striker this guy would have a silly amount of assists. He'll skin whoever he's up against every time just need an intelligent striker in there to get on to the balls that get put across.

Back
Top Bottom