Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've no skin in this game; but fuck me; Doku is over-hyped so far..... Today he was like Sonny on a bad day at LW. Literally nothing there that surpasses a standard Grealish wing performance. Man U didn't even need to foul him.

I was as surprised as anyone when City went for him, as I'd always thought he was lively but eratic and his next step would definitely not be an elite club. But at 21, having his first season in the PL, he's already got more goals/assists in half the minutes (peak 26yo) Grealish did (coming from the PL) in his first season at City. He's only 4 goal/assists off Grealish's season last year. He's averaging a goal/assist quicker in his 1181 minutes this season than Grealish has in his 704.

If that makes Doku over hyped (although I don't remember anyone claiming Doku was spunktastic) then it completely confirms Grealish's overhyped wankhorn status.

I was as surprised as anyone when City went for him, as I'd always thought he was lively but eratic and his next step would definitely not be an elite club. But at 21, having his first season in the PL, he's already got more goals/assists in half the minutes (peak 26yo) Grealish did (coming from the PL) in his first season at City. He's only 4 goal/assists off Grealish's season last year. He's averaging a goal/assist quicker in his 1181 minutes this season than Grealish has in his 704.

If that makes Doku over hyped (although I don't remember anyone claiming Doku was spunktastic) then it completely confirms Grealish's overhyped wankhorn status.

Pointless comparison, it's obvious Pep uses Grealish for ball retention and to commit other players towards him as opposed to an out and out winger, the numbers are always going to be skewed

Further context.... Johnson this season...... 9 G&A - 1354mins

......And he gets cunted off most weeks and plays for what is regarded as an inferior team.

But then again; let's not pretend G&A is all in terms of what constitutes a good "performance".

For 55m quid (inc. no HG tax) I'm not impressed.

Was talking about the wider fraternity; not the TFC (ahem) brain-trust; but there was enough "proper winger" and "what we sorely" lack talk dotted around these parts.

Further context.... Johnson this season...... 9 G&A - 1354mins

......And he gets cunted off most weeks and plays for what is regarded as an inferior team.

But then again; let's not pretend G&A is all in terms of what constitutes a good "performance".

For 55m quid (inc. no HG tax) I'm not impressed.

Was talking about the wider fraternity; not the TFC (ahem) brain-trust; but there was enough "proper winger" and "what we sorely" lack talk dotted around these parts.
They don’t buy for immediate impact, they can carry players whilst they integrate into the style of play.

Johnson was our replacement for the best striker in the world and should be judged differently

They don’t buy for immediate impact, they can carry players whilst they integrate into the style of play.

Johnson was our replacement for the best striker in the world and should be judged differently

They're virtually the same age. It's a perfectly viable parallel to draw.

If you insist on measuring Kane against Johnson that's your own foolish fault. Funny though considering you routinely insist that we did nothing to help replace Kane (thus completely ignoring the FOUR attacking players we brought in this season and the 60m bloke we signed the season before; whom collectively have resulted in a completely revamped attack).

What's more if you expect Ange's team to have reached it's final form whilst ignoring what he said about building with young players; then again that's on you too.

They're virtually the same age. It's a perfectly viable parallel to draw.

If you insist on measuring Kane against Johnson that's your own foolish fault. Funny though considering you routinely insist that we did nothing to help replace Kane (thus completely ignoring the FOUR attacking players we brought in this season and the 60m bloke we signed the season before; whom collectively have resulted in a completely revamped attack).

What's more if you expect Ange's team to have reached it's final form whilst ignoring what he said about building with young players; then again that's on you too.
Not blaming Johnson, he’s done well considering and outperformed Doku. I’m drawing a parallel with the complete lack of planning on our side, we sold the best 9 in the world and Levy thought he could get away with keeping half the money, and spending the other half on Johnson who will clearly need time

It’s like City selling Halaand and replacing him with Evan Ferguson. Bald cunt has written off another season albeit charging the highest ticket prices in The world. One shit league cup in 25 years, bald cunt should be refunding season ticket holders based on his personal gains (exploiting ticket paying support for 25 years whilst they’ve not shown ambition or leadership vs our peers)

Not blaming Johnson, he’s done well considering and outperformed Doku. I’m drawing a parallel with the complete lack of planning on our side, we sold the best 9 in the world and Levy thought he could get away with keeping half the money, and spending the other half on Johnsonwho will clearly need time

It’s like City selling Halaand and replacing him with Evan Ferguson. Bald cunt has written off another season albeit charging the highest ticket prices in The world. One shit league cup in 25 years, bald cunt should be refunding season ticket holders based on his personal gains (exploiting ticket paying support for 25 years whilst they’ve not shown ambition or leadership vs our peers)

I don’t know how many times I have to point this out to people like you but that’s just not true.

Micky - 55
Maddison 47
Vicario 19
Veliz 15
Jonson 55
Phillips 3

That’s close to 180 million spent last summer.

You can throw in dragusin too at 25 million

Stop trying to spread a false narrative. Ange got the players he wanted last summer.

I don’t know how many times I have to point this out to people like you but that’s just not true.

Micky - 55
Maddison 47
Vicario 19
Veliz 15
Jonson 55
Phillips 3

That’s close to 180 million spent last summer.

You can throw in dragusin too at 25 million

Stop trying to spread a false narrative. Ange got the players he wanted last summer.
Paltry outlay based on FFP headroom and decades of underinvestment (ticket prices have been maximised throughout)

Paltry outlay based on FFP headroom and decades of underinvestment (ticket prices have been maximised throughout)

So we got 100 million for Kane and we spent 180 but in your view that 100 million doesn’t count towards the 180 we spent ?

What planet are you on

So we got 100 million for Kane and we spent 180 but in your view that 100 million doesn’t count towards the 180 we spent ?

What planet are you on

What planet are you on
Sold winks and Sanchez for 20M too… a 60M net outlay based on decades of frugal, mismanagement and underinvestment is wholly unacceptable. The player selection strategy is a big step forward but merely highlights what a clusterfuck we’ve been up to now

Levy owes the fans, he’s made billions and ripped us off for too long. I actually think a years free season tickets if we qualify for the CL (from his personal gains), are the least he can do. He’s written off at least 7 or so seasons with caretaker managers etc all down to his poor decision making and leadership

Sold winks and Sanchez for 20M too… a 60M net outlay based on decades of frugal, mismanagement and underinvestment is wholly unacceptable. The player selection strategy is a big step forward but merely highlights what a clusterfuck we’ve been up to now

Levy owes the fans, he’s made billions and ripped us off for too long. I actually think a years free season tickets if we qualify for the CL (from his personal gains), are the least he can do. He’s written off at least 7 or so seasons with caretaker managers etc all down to his poor decision making and leadership

So now your saying last year has been good recruitment wise…Make your mind up.

He built us one of if not thee best stadiums in the world. I like how you conveniently side step that. With all this FFP stuff happening at present, it appears that Tottenham are bullet proof to any of it. Why? Because levy isn’t stupid. He’s a very savvy business man who knows a hell of a lot more to do with running a football club than you mate.

So now your saying last year has been good recruitment wise…Make your mind up.

He built us one of if not thee best stadiums in the world. I like how you conveniently side step that. With all this FFP stuff happening at present, it appears that Tottenham are bullet proof to any of it. Why? Because levy isn’t stupid. He’s a very savvy business man who knows a hell of a lot more to do with running a football club than you mate.
Not saying he’s ginger glazer but half a trophy in a quarter of a century says hello

We paid for stadium, not him.

The selection has been good but it’s not enough

Meanwhile…Ajax are 27 points behind PSV.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Back
Top Bottom