Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think that's probably the same at every club isn't it, let the coaches coach and leave all the other stuff down to the scouts/recruitment.

I was talking about the managerial job as a whole......

Ange has played a significant part in steadying our ship.

Klopp did wonders for Liverpool.

eg. etc.

Bearing in mind 99% of managers get sacked..... 'Turning the ship' around is part of the job.

I was talking about the managerial job as a whole......

Ange has played a significant part in steadying our ship.

Klopp did wonders for Liverpool.

eg. etc.

Bearing in mind 99% of managers get sacked..... 'Turning the ship' around is part of the job.

Possibly but both those managers are in settled environments with a clear direction, I know we had just sold Kane but things weren't half as bad as made out before he came in, you saw that with our recruitment leading up to Ange coming in.

But I agree with your overall point, I don't think he has the personality for a top club, a coach needs to carry the club on it's shoulders and fans and the media need to believe in him and if the fans believe in him then so will the players. Ten Hag is a coach like Poch, he can normally set a team up and coach players (I'm looking at his spell at Ajax) but in terms of having that ex factor I don't think he has it however I maintain that this Utd stint isn't a true reflection of him IMO.

Was thinking Walker as well.

Stones when fit but I doubt he will be for the summer.
Is he actually any good? Could he withstand a Southgate low block retreat vs France, Germany etc? He has a cigar out for City. No doubt he can play but not convinced he can defend like VDV, Romero, VVD, Saliba etc

100% Englands best centre back regardless. Southgate needs to fast track the Eve CB, we have a dearth of left footed players, I except him to play Trashford and Trippier so you gotta have a left footed CB or that side of the pitch is strangled as no-one can play it wide quickly

Is he actually any good? Could he withstand a Southgate low block retreat vs France, Germany etc? He has a cigar out for City. No doubt he can play but not convinced he can defend like VDV, Romero, VVD, Saliba etc

100% Englands best centre back regardless. Southgate needs to fast track the Eve CB, we have a dearth of left footed players, I except him to play Trashford and Trippier so you gotta have a left footed CB or that side of the pitch is strangled as no-one can play it wide quickly

Sooner have Dier at the back

I think other teams will punish city.
Chavs almost did.

One nil up (after Sterling had missed a shocker, if Werner had done that this place would still be volcanic)

and then missed 2 VERY good chances to put the game to bed.

There's a route to beating City at their gaff, and that buck eejit ETH managed to avoid it very skillfully. You have to hope a bit to luck, of course, but if you can keep them from scoring and then hit them on the break, they will go even more gung ho and you can hit them again. ETH even got a goal out of nothing - spectacular but that shot could have 99 out of 100 hit the corner flag, ended up row Zed or the canal next to the stadium. Every time you turn over possession you have to really go for it - break with pace and support. It's the only way you've got a chance.

Chavs really should have beaten them. Decent striker? 3-0, and not even City will beat you from there with 15 mins to go.

Napoli/Juve is very entertaining, 1-0 atm though Juventus should have scored stacks. Nice first half strike by Kvardthingy.

Very end-to-end, with both teams not that much to play for, as such - Juve unlikely as anything to catch Inter but seem as safe as for CL whilst Napoli very unlikely to get CL but I guess can make EL or ECL.

Yeah you're right, it's a little later than I realised. He's still (just) facing away from goal but in the process of pivoting for his cross.

Ultimately I don't think the ref did anything majorly wrong. Just could have timed it better. Had he blew a few seconds earlier nobody would have had much of an issue with it. Though I'm sure I read he should have added a couple of minutes on top of what injury time was played before he blew up, so you can understand them being pissed about that.

Back
Top Bottom