Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s absolutely no suggestion that anyone posting here is being paid by lobbyists.
The debate here isn’t being stifled by agents.

Admins shouldn’t have to put up with BS and I wouldn’t trust anyone here to moderate fairly.

I didn’t suggest anyone here is a paid lobbyist, I said Israel has put a lot of effort into stymieing criticism. Which they do. I don’t think it’s healthy for this to be the only taboo topic on the forum.

I didn’t suggest anyone here is a paid lobbyist, I said Israel has put a lot of effort into stymieing criticism. Which they do. I don’t think it’s healthy for this to be the only taboo topic on the forum.
Yet you made the point.

There are plenty of places to debate Middle Eastern politics outside of a Tottenham Hotspur forum (and probably with a lot more knowledgeable debaters).

Pretty much all I see I here are crude arguments based on identity. I reckon I can probably identify every poster’s demographic based on their contribution to this shitshow.

When the thread was first closed down, the pious, never able to take a hint, moved the argument to the ‘Finance, War’ thread and are still trying to score points here.

Yet you made the point.

There are plenty of places to debate Middle Eastern politics outside of a Tottenham Hotspur forum (and probably with a lot more knowledgeable debaters).

Pretty much all I see I here are crude arguments based on identity. I reckon I can probably identify every poster’s demographic based on their contribution to this shitshow.

When the thread was first closed down, the pious, never able to take a hint, moved the argument to the ‘Finance, War’ thread and are still trying to score points here.

But, for better or worse, this place is who we discuss things with on a daily basis. It’s no more polarising than other threads like Brexit etc. Nobody’s forcing you to open the thread. And Admin Admin can sun bin anyone who’s abusive.

Yet you made the point.

Nailed it.

Some don't want to "debate".
They only want it open to force their opinions and score points against others.

It is a debate. Same as any other topic that divides opinion.

Best thing to do, if the thread gets reopened, is just stay out of it then and leave it to people who want to discuss the topic.

Or just fuck off and discuss it elsewhere as I suggested

If the thread was re-opened here, God forbid, then the same crap will be regurgitated by the same posters

Yes you could say to people like me that I shouldn’t open it but that’s not the point especially as I’ll get tagged by certain posters

More anti Semetism and here we go again

Are you trying to get this thread shut down as well?

There’s something wrong with you….

Or just fuck off and discuss it elsewhere as I suggested

If the thread was re-opened here, God forbid, then the same crap will be regurgitated by the same posters

Yes you could say to people like me that I shouldn’t open it but that’s not the point especially as I’ll get tagged by certain posters

What the fuck are you clucking on about. Your inane shit is bad enough but when it's unintelligible too it's really fucking tedious.

A poster declared a few days ago that anyone that disagrees with him should pm him to link up to fight and that post got 5 likes.

What exactly can Admin Admin do in that situations? he closed the thread as he should to stop things escalating.

The problem with this place (and most forums tbh) is that people can't take an individual post for what it is and instead focus on the poster so instead of fully reading and understanding what the poster says in that specific post they will jump on the post and hit the dislike/disagree or whatever.

In that specific scenario I mentioned above the 5 likes were all from posters that agreed with the posters opinion in the earlier debate. So instead of focusing on the fact that an absolute helmet is telling people on a football forum to pm him to meet up to fight they are more focused on the fact that they agree with his initial opinion hence that overrides his isolated post about meeting up to fight "cunts".

As long as people share the the same opinion they're good...pack mentality..unfortunately the way of the world.

A poster declared a few days ago that anyone that disagrees with him should pm him to link up to fight and that post got 5 likes.

What exactly can Admin Admin do in that situations? he closed the thread as he should to stop things escalating.

The problem with this place (and most forums tbh) is that people can't take an individual post for what it is and instead focus on the poster so instead of fully reading and understanding what the poster says in that specific post they will jump on the post and hit the dislike/disagree or whatever.

In that specific scenario I mentioned above the 5 likes were all from posters that agreed with the posters opinion in the earlier debate. So instead of focusing on the fact that an absolute helmet is telling people on a football forum to pm him to meet up to fight they are more focused on the fact that they agree with his initial opinion hence that overrides his isolated post about meeting up to fight "cunts".

As long as people share the the same opinion they're good...pack mentality..unfortunately the way of the world.

Two of whom are in here complaining about the thread getting abusive, while one of them ticks a post by the other telling someone to fuck off.

No coincidence that the people advocating shutting down debate are the most abusive and least able to debate.

And that's the problem.

There's one poster that bleats about wanting to "debate".
When, in reality, they only want to try and force their views on others, and then copy and paste Hamas propaganda.

Like I said before, anyone can say "I feel bad for both sides, it's a tragedy", but if their every post condones only one side and criticises the other it's safe to say that their words are bullshit and that they have an agenda.

And that's the problem.

There's one poster that bleats about wanting to "debate".
When, in reality, they only want to try and force their views on others, and then copy and paste Hamas propaganda.

Like I said before, anyone can say "I feel bad for both sides, it's a tragedy", but if their every post condones only one side and criticises the other it's safe to say that their words are bullshit and that they have an agenda.

Another problem is some posters deliberately misquoting people to further their agenda

dudu dudu pulled one up the other day

Back
Top Bottom