Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Admin Admin
Do you not think closing the Israel thread is counter productive. All that's happening is it's spilling over into other threads. It's such a major global event with thousands getting killed, cheered on by western governments (ie our governments) with ramifications for all of us, we are bound to want to discuss it.

Admin Admin has made it quite clear how he feels about the Israel thread so why are you continuing to hassle him about it?

If you and others who agree with you aren’t careful he may well decide to shut down Off Topic discussion and only allow football chat bearing in mind that this is a Tottenham FOOTBALL forum!

Plenty of political forums about!

Acceptable argument.

Totally unnecessary, inflammatory, and the reason it's closed.

If I’d wanted you to ram your opinion down my throat I’d have tagged you, not the person who actually decides.

If it does get reopened you can either accept other opinions are allowed and debate them or ignore the thread. You have a choice.

I really don’t give a shit what you find ”unnecessary” and “inflammatory”. There’s lots of your and that twat Bazali Bazali ’s shit that I find unnecessary and inflammatory, but I don’t go blubbing to Admin Admin to shut threads and debate down because I’m too much of a snowflake to deal with it.

Last edited:
If I’d wanted you to ram your opinion down my throat I’d have tagged you, not the person who actually decides.

If it does get reopened you can either accept other opinions are allowed and debate them or ignore the thread. You have a choice.

I really don’t give a shit what you find ”unnecessary” and “inflammatory”. There’s lots of your and that twat Bazali Bazali ’s shit that I find unnecessary and inflammatory, but I don’t go blubbing to Admin Admin to shut threads and debate down because I’m too much of a snowflake to deal with it.
Oh do do fuck off, there's a good chap.

I'm not "forcing" my opinions on anyone.
I commented on a post in a public forum, and you or anyone else are free to ignore to them if you don't agree.
I have never "gone blubbing" to Admin Admin to shut any thread down.

You on the other hand are "blubbing" because you aren't allowed to force your opinions and biased reasoning on others.

If you don't want anyone to comment then DM Admin Admin you fucking snowflake.

Claims to be open to honest debate and then crys like a fucking baby when someone posts an opposite opinion.

Fucking Hypocrite.

Oh do do fuck off, there's a good chap.

I'm not "forcing" my opinions on anyone.
I commented on a post in a public forum, and you or anyone else are free to ignore to them if you don't agree.
I have never "gone blubbing" to Admin Admin to shut any thread down.

You on the other hand are "blubbing" because you aren't allowed to force your opinions and biased reasoning on others.

If you don't want anyone to comment then DM Admin Admin you fucking snowflake.

Claims to be open to honest debate and then crys like a fucking baby when someone posts an opposite opinion.

Fucking Hypocrite.

So any opinion I post is me “forcing my opinion down people’s throats” but yours apparently isn’t? Bit gas lighty isn’t it? Very hypocritical. Especially as you’re the one who’s been caught out bullshitting time and time again.

I didn’t blub about your reply, I just told you I don’t give a shit about your opinion on what’s necessary and unnecessary. And I didn’t call for this thread to be closed because you posted your alternate opinion in it. Just as I haven’t n any of the other threads where you’ve posted your biased opinions or proven bullshit.

Try less blubbing Stevee, more thinking through and whatnot.

So any opinion I post is me “forcing my opinion down people’s throats” but yours apparently isn’t? Bit gas lighty isn’t it? Very hypocritical. Especially as you’re the one who’s been caught out bullshitting time and time again.

I didn’t blub about your reply, I just told you I don’t give a shit about your opinion on what’s necessary and unnecessary. And I didn’t call for this thread to be closed because you posted your alternate opinion in it. Just as I haven’t n any of the other threads where you’ve posted your biased opinions or proven bullshit.

Try less blubbing Stevee, more thinking through and whatnot.
What the actual fuck are you babbling about?

Yes, you want the Israel thread reopened so you can force your biased opinion down others throats.
You have no interest in debate, otherwise you wouldn't be whinging about my reply in an open forum.

Go back and read my post again, I never said that you called for this thread to be closed.
Obviously comprehension isn't for everyone.

At least twice you've tried to force your opinion on Admin Admin to get the thread reopened.

But because you can't get your own way, you start blubbing about it.

And blubbing is exactly what it is.
Tantrum Crying GIF

f you and others who agree with you aren’t careful he may well decide to shut down Off Topic discussion and only allow football chat bearing in mind that this is a Tottenham FOOTBALL forum!
At least one on here would just push it into the Manor Solomon thread. I honestly have no idea why anyone would come to a football supporters group primarily to discuss politics. I guess there’s no fun in an echo chamber on Stormfront.

I’m on a WhatsApp group of local supporters.
One rule: Football talk only.
Self-moderating. Works brilliantly. We have an ex-IDF officer in the group — I had no idea — who started to discuss ‘terrorism’. Shut down immediately. Even people with actual skin in the game respect the rules.

At least one on here would just push it into the Manor Solomon thread. I honestly have no idea why anyone would come to a football supporters group primarily to discuss politics. I guess there’s no fun in an echo chamber on Stormfront.

I’m on a WhatsApp group of local supporters.
One rule: Football talk only.
Self-moderating. Works brilliantly. We have an ex-IDF officer in the group — I had no idea — who started to discuss ‘terrorism’. Shut down immediately. Even people with actual skin in the game respect the rules.
I honestly have no idea why anyone would be so desperate to debate Israel/Palestine on here.

As someone else said there's plenty of forums they can discuss it on.

A quick Danny and within 30 seconds, I found this ;

Anyone interested can go there, or the hundred other forums out there and discuss it all they want.

It's almost as if they have a pathological need to discuss it on here.

Very strange.

I wonder why the Israel thread is closed, can't put my finger on it :sherwoodlol:

I think that we were all getting fed up of a certain poster just cutting and pasting anything from the Times or similar on the current Gaza crisis on the thread pretending that they were his own opinions

And then squealing like a stuck pig when he was stopped from doing it when the thread , quite rightly, got shut down twice

Can’t think who it was……

View: https://youtu.be/aTINF_p3hcw?si=HTreax2WC6Np0u9F

Last edited:
Was just about to post a bit of a geeky post about my poppy badges this year. Thread closed. Pathetic call. Stopping any and all conversations about a perfectly normal annual event - and something that is a big part of our national culture - is just ridiculous.

If remembrance or any topic is not your thing, then why can’t folk just respectfully fuck off and ignore. I don’t like Harry Potter or The Beatles but I don’t go off and find film and music threads to go after people who do.

So anyway, very happy with my poppy badges this year. Got some nice ones from the Poppy Scotland online store (a new find for me) and a mini wreath one off the RBL site along with the normal Spurs and 2023 badges.

Had a lovely chat with the RBL volunteers at my local supermarket today too. Couldn’t keep the stock coming in fast enough which is a good sign. Got some pens, wrist bands etc for the kids so we’ll be well representing this week.

As for the new poppy, I’ve got a couple but I’m not sure they’re going to last long.

Was just about to post a bit of a geeky post about my poppy badges this year. Thread closed. Pathetic call.
Nope, it wasn't.
Stopping any and all conversations about a perfectly normal annual event - and something that is a big part of our national culture - is just ridiculous.
The thread had moved a long way off that.
If remembrance or any topic is not your thing, then why can’t folk just respectfully fuck off and ignore. I don’t like Harry Potter or The Beatles but I don’t go off and find film and music threads to go after people who do.
I have a lot of threads I have no interest in on ignore.

That wasn't the issue though. The thread was being used by idiots to try and score points against each other on both sides of the Israeli/Palestinian war.
So anyway, very happy with my poppy badges this year. Got some nice ones from the Poppy Scotland online store (a new find for me) and a mini wreath one off the RBL site along with the normal Spurs and 2023 badges.
Nice :thumbup:

Nope, it wasn't.

The thread had moved a long way off that.

I have a lot of threads I have no interest in on ignore.

That wasn't the issue though. The thread was being used by idiots to try and score points against each other on both sides of the Israeli/Palestinian war.

Nice :thumbup:

Says the Gary Lineker of TFC
No Bandwagon too small!

Are you going to get the ‘Broken Britain’ thread shut down as well?

There are over 150 site-specific emojis on TFC and NOT ONE OF THEM is female. Surely Admin Admin needs to be threatened with legal action over this criminal omission in this day & age?

1HDQ8TI.png

New suggestion: The culling of unused accts. If someone's not posted for some reasonable amount of time and they only have a handful of posts then they are ripe for the cull. This is not aimed at someone with 5K posts but hasn't been around for a year or so. It's aimed at someone with a holding acct.

Please allow me to restate my desire for making foul voting public...it's a deterrent to vendettas and brigading.

So if memory serves, my previous contributions (in addition to the foul voting measure) were...
  • threadmarks
  • new user post limit/day
  • new user permanent banning based on early foul votes/binning/ignoring stats

Back
Top Bottom