Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

2. Passing in our own box gives me heartburn. Can we just cut back on that a little???
As much as it makes everyone nervy, it is the only way to play possession football and if drilled enough times with good players there won't be mistakes.

Good way to tire their forward line through pointless pressing . On the positive i don't remember any of the defenders or vicario messing up the passing at the back.

Once vicario starts thumping the ball down the pitch , it is playing into the opponent's game plan as they wanted possession and were not set up for counterattacks

I’m not sure how he stayed on ‘by the letter of the law’

Studs up
High
Out of control
Dangerous

Neville commentated if he’d made proper contact with vicario he would’ve been off

How does missing ….. and not breaking a leg’ excuse intent ?

I think what saved him was that the studs weren't pointed at the player but at the passing line of the ball. Him clattering into vicario was deemed an attempt to play the ball but reckless nonetheless

I can see why they gave that pen TBH
I think it's 50/50, and not helped by the fact that they switch integrations of the rule almost every year. A few seasons ago it was more or less zero tolerance, but then we saw certain teams like Liverpool and Man U seeming to deliberately shoot at arms inside the box rather than at the goal, so criticism that defenders would need to have their arms chopped off less to a relaxation of the rule.

Is zero tolerance back? Seems that way, but I'm sure we'll see some softball decisions granted that completely go against what we saw today.

At the end of the day, we're in the business of winning football matches and treating a draw like a win is a loser mentality. It's a good result that I'm pleased with and it represents a huge improvement on the NLD results from last season but I'm not going to call it "fabulous" and celebrate it as though it's a win.
You really a spurs fan?
At the end of the day we are in the business of entertaining and that we did - had a fabulous day and celebrated long into the night - went toe to toe with our fiercest rivals, in their back yard, one of the best teams in the land and more than matched them and shut their nauseous fan base up good and proper - it really was a fabulous day to be a spurs fan

At the end of the day, we're in the business of winning football matches and treating a draw like a win is a loser mentality. It's a good result that I'm pleased with and it represents a huge improvement on the NLD results from last season but I'm not going to call it "fabulous" and celebrate it as though it's a win.
6 games into the change mate.A little patience will go a long way.

You are fun.

We've been turned over at their place in many years, including the last three in the bounce. We've only won twice there in the Premier Leage era, the last being 13 years ago.

We gifted them their goals and they didn't really lay a glove on us, just six games into a new regime.

Fucking enjoy it, god knows there's not been a huge amount to celebrate for five years...

It may only have been a draw but this still feels like a Monday morning buzz situation.

Sale Call GIF by The Perfect Trainer

Good result all things considered.
Loved the fact we never gave up,even for the parts we were on the back foot.
They were at home,and considered by some to be city's main rivals this season. Their goals came from a an own goal and a penalty.
The penalty,whilst I don't like the rule, was correct imho
Still a shit rule though
And Nketiah(think it was him) was lucky to remain on the pitch
We come back twice to get a draw at the cradle of filth.
I'll take that
COYS
Edit.itvwas Nketiah,just seen above.

Back
Top Bottom