Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Massive game and a real test for the great start we have made. Baring in mind Woolwich have a game tomorrow away to Everton and a CL game midweek, whilst we have a full 8 days break to prepare. We barely get anything when we rock up to this shit hole, but we go into this game with massive confidence and a complete different mindset.

My team for this

Vicario

Porro. Romero VDV Udoggie

Sarr. Bissouma

Maddison

Kulu. Son. Johnson

Saw enough in Johnson for him to start. Solomon been good, but Johnson could really hurt Woolwich with his pace.

Barring injuries, I think it will be an unchanged team again. Son has to start for the NLD and, as far as the left forward position goes, it's still Solomon's to lose.

If Richarlison and Johnson keep playing as they did today, there will be first team opportunities for them but now isn't the time.

Agree about Johnson. Arse will come out to play esp at home. Ideal game for us to use the pace of Johnson to catch them out. Solomon has done well but this is what the squad is all about.

Would be quite surprised if we made any changes barring any fitness issues in training.

Massive test. Think in the league we've won just twice since 1993 away at Woolwich and just once in the league at the Emirates since it opened. So a loss certainly isn't out of the question against a team that showed they were pretty far ahead of us last season.

If we go there and put in the same fight we have in every game this season, that's all I ask. If we loss despite that? So be it. But last season we let them walk over us twice with zero fight and that was unacceptable.

Would take a draw. Think we could get the win.

Our young boys are going to relish this. But Udogie hasn't come up against anyone as good as Saka. Our midfield hasn't come up against one as strong as there's. And Woolwich's attack will be the quickest our high line has come up against.

Last edited:
Also, they're playing Champions League in the week. They aren't going to go easy on that with it being their first game back in the competition for years.

It’s a derby game, anything can and will happen.

I’m confident that with Ange’s mentality and style of play, we won’t see the submissive performances we put in against them lot last year.

We have the advantage of a full week of preparation, while they have a mid week game.

This is the game that I hate most on the calendar.
We’re going to get them after they play a CL game. Their group is so easy that they could afford to rest key players but, being it’s the CL opener, I think they’ll put out a really strong team midweek.

I hope that Everton kick ten bells of shit out of them tomorrow.

There’s no way that we’ll perform as poorly as last season. It was a real nadir for me. We absolutely rolled over for them and it was a portent of worse to come.

the midfield 3 have to be on their game for this one. if our 3 turn up and are on it we got a great chance.

not sure if the rest while they have a midweek game is good or bad at this stage of the season, might work in their favour as they get more tuning up.

would love to see a front 2 of son and johnson and see kulu move central with madders just behind them for this. think that would tear them scumbags apart on the break. biss and sarr mopping up just in front of the defence and springing the attacks.

At least we can be confident that we are going to have a go for a change and not show them too much respect. We could get ripped to shreds but we could do the same to them too. We are due a result there and hopefully we can get revenge for them getting a first win at our place in ages. I was pretty jealous of that lots team spirit last season but Ange has given us that now and united the fans.

1-3 Spurs and Richie to wind those pricks up with his Pigeon dance. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom