Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy is a genius.

Sky have a list of transfers so far this window and what the net spend of each club is. We are sitting in 7th but our spend includes Porro and Kulu.

So we didn't actually spend any money in the January window.

I have to give it to the man, the way he structures signings to obfuscate his spend, even has most of our fan base and Sky suckered in.

Where is the money Levy? You bald gimboid, where is it you greedy cunt?
I don't know why but the way this sentence was structured made me actually laugh out loud.

I’m waiting to see which minute, “Daniel Levy, get out of our club!”, starts up on Saturday.

I’m guessing 3.
It won't until the results take a downward swing. Most people were reasonably happy with the point at Brentford and the honeymoon period with Ange is still in the "haven't left the hotel room" stage.

If we find ourselves 3 or 4 down it might start, but Man Utd aren't that good tbh

It won't until the results take a downward swing. Most people were reasonably happy with the point at Brentford and the honeymoon period with Ange is still in the "haven't left the hotel room" stage.

If we find ourselves 3 or 4 down it might start, but Man Utd aren't that good tbh
Crazy how our expectations have fallen though. Happy to be drawing with Brentford!

I mean, come on! :avbcringe:

Gooners, obviously, would disagree with this though

Last edited:
I’m waiting to see which minute, “Daniel Levy, get out of our club!”, starts up on Saturday.

I’m guessing 3.
I'm hoping from the very second he appears. A fortissimo roar with a suitably contemptuous tenuto on his name to accentuate the absence of succour towards the plebiscite non-attendees who are no longer flush enough to enjoy the sport at his arndale coliseum first-hand.

Crazy how our expectations have fallen though. Happy to be drawing with Brentford!

I mean, come on! :avbcringe:
I know, I have a very positive attitude toward our apparently sincere efforts toward turning the page on the wreckage of the Poch era and transitioning to more attractive, modern football, and I'm watching that with a lot of academic interest.....

.......buuuuut I suspect we are now miles off competing for anything and that's not going to placate anyone for long.

To be fair it is a tough place to go, I think they lost twice there last season?

But I get your point though the expectation of the fan base in general does seem a lot lower.

They lost twice there all of last season - beating United, City, Brighton and Liverpool along the way - 4 out of last season's top 6.

They play there to not lose and do it very, very well.

It seems very odd that a similar selection of the fan base both think most of our players are shit and we are going to finish mid-table with our squad, and also expect us to win every game.

It doesn't make sense to me at all.

They lost twice there all of last season - beating United, City, Brighton and Liverpool along the way - 4 out of last season's top 6.

They play there to not lose and do it very, very well.

It seems very odd that a similar selection of the fan base both think most of our players are shit and we are going to finish mid-table with our squad, and also expect us to win every game.

It doesn't make sense to me at all.

cat apple GIF

cat apple GIF

I think the concept of context is severely missing from some people's equations when it comes to talking about the football team they support.

Context -

Brentford, in their most recent premier league season
lost 2 games at home all season
actually beat 4 out of the top 6 placed teams
conceded just 18 goals there
Kept 7 clean sheets including against United, City & Brighton

There isn't a team in the country that should expect to go there and win based on those stats.

Are we a serious club?

Do we genuinely want to try and compete with those at the top or merely continue to exist?

Why have we seen little to no movement on bringing in a new forward?

A week ago news first broke that we had accepted Bayern's bid for Kane, a day later the move was agreed.

Since then, not a single new deal has been closed or even close to being closed!

Is this acceptable? Is it just a reflection of the current market? Do we even need any more signings?

Ange can't work miracles and especially not with the current squad, he needs some help.

We're a bit of a joke to say the least.

There isn't a team in the country that should expect to go there and win based on those stats.
Is the Brentford we played that good without a couple of key players in Toney and Raya?

Difficult to say. Senseless to over-analyze and draw too firm of conclusions from one game in any event.

We might be well in the mix for a CL-securing 5th spot, or we might be struggling for top half. We might have major transfer moves still to come or we might be basically done.

It's a tricky moment for sweeping narratives.

ENIC's record over time and the increasing financial strength of the competition, and not just the petro-dopers, is unambiguous however.

Is the Brentford we played that good without a couple of key players in Toney and Raya?

Difficult to say. Senseless to over-analyze and draw too firm of conclusions from one game in any event.

We might be well in the mix for a CL-securing 5th spot, or we might be struggling for top half. We might have major transfer moves still to come or we might be basically done.

It's a tricky moment for sweeping narratives.

ENIC's record over time and the increasing financial strength of the competition, and not just the petro-dopers, is unambiguous however.

Yes, history is full of facts and the future is unknown.

We are all varying degrees of angry, upset, disappointed and disillusioned with the fact that our expectations are currently lower than they were due to the mismanagement of our club.

But we are where we are and it's probably better to be realistic than to expect to beat a side who are very strong defensively at home down to a very well-worked system that clearly doesn't rely on individuals to make them as robust as they are.

Pretty good article to read if you subscribe to The Athletic. I would say quite fair on where we are currently.

Keep refreshing page and press the 'X' in top left corner before it completes full refresh (2 or 3 times does the trick) if you wanna read

Back
Top Bottom