Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In fact, every single player you have loved to watch, who brought you joy, whose names you have sung has been purchased by him and was purchased for the team.

We got the CL final with a collective of players and staff that he purchased. You say it is in spite of him because you are biased and unwilling to be objective
"The buck stops with Levy for all results on the pitch, end of" is as a matter of fact a brutal condemnation of the ENIC regime, and only getting worse by the year.

Which is why any discussion with anyone who takes that view immediately becomes a bunch of sweaty special pleading about doing things "the right way" and how shiny the training ground is.

Keep up defending a chairman and an owner who does the bare minimum to keep us competing with the rest of the league.

63 that's the number of goals we conceded last season. Centre backs we need at least 2, with one being an experienced competent defender.
Levy has known about this all summer and has had ample time to get this done before the season started. He hasn't but, hey let's be objective about this.

Goalkeeper - Vicario - is he good enough only time will tell. Another Levy punt ??

23 years 1 league Cup that's the stat I'm interested in.
But, hey let's be objective

Levy's a cunt and so are the misguided Enic bots like yourself.

Trouble is Your hero Levy has been rumbled
If the seasons goes wrong it won't be Ange the fans will go for it will be Levy, the board and the owners.

LOL

Archie - name one good thing levy has done for the team
Dudu - Names ` thing
Archie - Picks up goalposts and moves them confirming everything said about him without a hint of irony.

I agree that we haven't sufficiently bought everything we need in the window yet, and id be happy with a new chairman. Have said that before and ill say it again.

YOU responded to me asking me a question, which I answered and now you're just ranting away like a lunatic.

"The buck stops with Levy for all results on the pitch, end of" is as a matter of fact a brutal condemnation of the ENIC regime, and only getting worse by the year.

Which is why any discussion with anyone who takes that view immediately becomes a bunch of sweaty special pleading about doing things "the right way" and how shiny the training ground is.

I agree, it has been getting worse.

But I didn't, and don't have to agree that it was in spite of Levy when the results were fucking excellent and we were winning a shit load of games between 2015 and 2018, going on our best-ever unbeaten runs twice and actually challenging for titles.

Its not defending him, its defending reality.

The poster jumped on something I said and asked me to tell him ONE thing Levy had done for the team.
I am an objective person so I am able to do that. Just because I can name a good thing he did, doesn't mean I am licking his arse, it just means Daniel fucking Levy isn't living in my head rent free like some of these maniacs

LOL

Archie - name one good thing levy has done for the team
Dudu - Names ` thing
Archie - Picks up goalposts and moves them confirming everything said about him without a hint of irony.

I agree that we haven't sufficiently bought everything we need in the window yet, and id be happy with a new chairman. Have said that before and ill say it again.

YOU responded to me asking me a question, which I answered and now you're just ranting away like a lunatic.
Dudu - can't take you seriously - and w- ill always defend the chairman no matter what he does
Archie - go away I've had enough of another Levy hipster
Dudu - objective must be objective
90% of the forum - fuck off Dudu

I agree, it has been getting worse.

But I didn't, and don't have to agree that it was in spite of Levy when the results were fucking excellent and we were winning a shit load of games between 2015 and 2018, going on our best-ever unbeaten runs twice and actually challenging for titles.

Its not defending him, its defending reality.

The poster jumped on something I said and asked me to tell him ONE thing Levy had done for the team.
I am an objective person so I am able to do that. Just because I can name a good thing he did, doesn't mean I am licking his arse, it just means Daniel fucking Levy isn't living in my head rent free like some of these maniacs
Oh but he is - he must be
Calm down your ranting like a lunatic

I don't have to agree that it was in spite of Levy when the results were fucking excellent and we were winning a shit load of games between 2015 and 2018
I know it's very triggering to Internet Titans Of Logic when arguments take the form of "Levy gets blame for the bad things but not credit for the good things"

But it is reality that the peak of our league form during ENIC's tenure coincided with the nadir of the financial support they were providing to the squad in the transfer market.

It is also the case that Poch's success was uniquely driven by players who weren't major transfer investments of the club, most notably Kane who wasn't a transfer investment at all.

This is all in contrast to periods of success and improvement under Jol and Redknapp and indeed Conte where, however much we may want to quibble about the figures involved, they WERE backed and those teams WERE pushed forward by transfer market investment. There's credit there for Levy beyond just a tautological "he's ultimately responsible for all wins and losses", his actions moved those projects forward.

But Poch built a new higher level of success without that transfer market backing and his revolution fizzled out when the project continued to be starved of that transfer market investment. Those are facts which, as they say, do not care about your feelings.

I know it's very triggering to Internet Titans Of Logic when arguments take the form of "Levy gets blame for the bad things but not credit for the good things"

But it is reality that the peak of our league form during ENIC's tenure coincided with the nadir of the financial support they were providing to the squad in the transfer market.

It is also the case that Poch's success was uniquely driven by players who weren't major transfer investments of the club, most notably Kane who wasn't a transfer investment at all.

This is all in contrast to periods of success and improvement under Jol and Redknapp and indeed Conte where, however much we may want to quibble about the figures involved, they WERE backed and those teams WERE pushed forward by transfer market investment. There's credit there for Levy beyond just a tautological "he's ultimately responsible for all wins and losses", his actions moved those projects forward.

But Poch built a new higher level of success without that transfer market backing and his revolution fizzled out when the project continued to be starved of that transfer market investment. Those are facts which, as they say, do not care about your feelings.

I agree mate - though I would Say Poch did get to benefit from a number of investments which, for us at the time of purchase were quite major. Our record signing at the time of his arrival was 30 million pounds on Erik Lamela.

I absolutely agree that we didn't push on with our spending and didn't refresh the team by investing as we should have.

I agree mate - though I would Say Poch did get to benefit from a number of investments which, for us at the time of purchase were quite major. Our record signing at the time of his arrival was 30 million pounds on Erik Lamela.

I absolutely agree that we didn't push on with our spending and didn't refresh the team by investing as we should have.
He got a major belated surge of investment in Summer 2019 and then Levy panic-fired him after 12 games.

Poch handed Levy a miracle and Levy murdered it with his bare hands. We reached the final conclusion of that story last week, there is simply no other way to put it, there are no chapters left to be written.

A Spurs supporter is only forgiving that if defending the ENIC regime at all costs is their pre-determined conclusion they are working backward from.

That defense, chosen simply because you find the internet Levy Out movement aesthetically distasteful (which, to give you fair credit, it always has been), is no more rational or principled than what you're fighting against.

Keep up defending a chairman and an owner who does the bare minimum to keep us competing with the rest of the league.

63 that's the number of goals we conceded last season. Centre backs we need at least 2, with one being an experienced competent defender.
Levy has known about this all summer and has had ample time to get this done before the season started. He hasn't but, hey let's be objective about this.

Goalkeeper - Vicario - is he good enough only time will tell. Another Levy punt ??

23 years 1 league Cup that's the stat I'm interested in.
But, hey let's be objective

Levy's a cunt and so are the misguided Enic bots like yourself.

Trouble is Your hero Levy has been rumbled
If the seasons goes wrong it won't be Ange the fans will go for it will be Levy, the board and the owners.
He's another one who started participating in this thread claiming to be Levy / ENIC neutral

:harrylol:

He got a major belated surge of investment in Summer 2019 and then Levy panic-fired him after 12 games.

Poch handed Levy a miracle and Levy murdered it with his bare hands. We reached the final conclusion of that story last week, there is simply no other way to put it, there are no chapters left to be written.

A Spurs supporter is only forgiving that if defending the ENIC regime at all costs is their pre-determined conclusion they are working backward from.

That defense, chosen simply because you find the internet Levy Out movement aesthetically distasteful (which, to give you fair credit, it always has been), is no more rational or principled than what you're fighting against.

What am I fighting against exactly? I thought you and I were simply having a conversation?

The only thing I recall fighting against was a poster who jumped on something I said and dared me to name one good thing Levy had done for the team.

I'd also add that our yearly wage bi significantly improved allowing us to keep hold of our better players for longer than we have ever done previously.

Like I said, I agree with you that we did not continue to invest as we should have done, both in terms of value and in terms of buying the right players to be able to stay competitive.

What am I fighting against exactly?

That is simply not an OBJECTIVE view.
The difference between me and you mate is that I can be objective
And I know what your response will be, I hear it from so many people like you
I hear the hypocritical comments online constantly, the constant shifting of the goalposts to fit in with the bias.
you are just showing yourself up to be a stubborn individual with no sense of objectivity.
It's honestly like arguing with Trump supporters.
etc etc etc

What am I fighting against exactly? I thought you and I were simply having a conversation?

The only thing I recall fighting against was a poster who jumped on something I said and dared me to name one good thing Levy had done for the team.

iC4vkN4ZjBGI.png

View: https://x.com/revdavidgreen/status/1691534225290211328?s=46&t=WVZhaPGxR3nHi_ImucZDXA

Long thread above

When I read this, it does show the change over time but do struggle to contextualise this in truth.

Have never worked and earned a pound, spent a pound or had to live within the UK.

So thought how does my membership to football (different code) compare. 10 monthly payments of $50.50* for $505 (£255) for the year, and gets a ‘gold’ seat to 11 home games.

That’s when I went geez. I know London is expensive but the equivalent of $2675 my money to see Spurs 19 times. I wouldn’t pay that to watch my footy team 19 times a year, and that’s in a salary cap, draft pick controlled league that gives everyone a chance at success.

That much dosh to watch us never seemingly come close to winning a trophy, amd having to watch Jose and Antonio’s boring football.

Really hits home how much this ownership treats fans with contempt, how low their ambition for trophies is on their list of priorities and how long suffering fans have stuck fat and renewed because they love the badge far too much to give it up, where if the ownership loved the badge half as much we might actually win something for once.

Enic need to go.

Back
Top Bottom