Have we signed David Raya yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we'll have to hope this is either bullshit or a negotiation tactic.

There is no excuse not to get a top goalkeeper this summer. I'm not interested in trying to find a cheaper option, not when there's so many good options available on the market.

Absolutely agreed.

But I do not see us being linked with one.
Raya is soon to be 28 and has 62 (!!) top league games under his belt in his life. He has managed to get 2 caps for Spain.

It pisses me off like people are making it look like we would be negotiating cheaper price for prime Buffon...

Raya and Maddison are perfect for us... And Ange, world class players, but we will end up with 3rd rate goalkeeper and an attacking midfielder no one has heard of outside of Mongolia.... Levy is useless, until he goes we will never be with the real big 6 again... He will not spend the mo ey for quality proven players and I feel sorry for Ange coz I genuinely think if he had Raya, Maddison and say Laporte in defence... He would stand a chance, but Levy again will ruin it all.... Then blame the Manager... Again.... Get ready for another disappointing season

Raya and Maddison are perfect for us... And Ange, world class players, but we will end up with 3rd rate goalkeeper and an attacking midfielder no one has heard of outside of Mongolia.... Levy is useless, until he goes we will never be with the real big 6 again... He will not spend the mo ey for quality proven players and I feel sorry for Ange coz I genuinely think if he had Raya, Maddison and say Laporte in defence... He would stand a chance, but Levy again will ruin it all.... Then blame the Manager... Again.... Get ready for another disappointing season

So what you're saying is Ange needs world class players to succeed in football?

And all this time, I thought he was a great coach. My bad.

Lmao if you actually think any coach at the top end of the Premier League can succeed without serious quality in the team, you're even more delusional than I thought. Even Pep in his first season at City struggled and need hundreds of millions invested in players tailored to him.

Ange isn't Pep or Klopp. The top 6 all have good coaches, even the likes of Brighton or Villa have De Zerbi or Emery. Him being a 'great coach' alone won't be enough even if it is true, he will need good players in the door who can play his football. Lots of them.

Lmao if you actually think any coach at the top end of the Premier League can succeed without serious quality in the team, you're even more delusional than I thought. Even Pep in his first season at City struggled and need hundreds of millions invested in players tailored to him.

Ange isn't Pep or Klopp. The top 6 all have good coaches, even the likes of Brighton or Villa have De Zerbi or Emery. Him being a 'great coach' alone won't be enough even if it is true, he will need good players in the door who can play his football. Lots of them.

Neither Raya or Maddison are world class was my point. Ones a good goalkeeper who's great with his feet and the other is someone who can create.

Are we to believe those players don't exist outside of the Premier League overpriced bubble and available for less than the 90 MILLION! quoted?

Neither Raya or Maddison are world class was my point. Ones a good goalkeeper who's great with his feet and the other is someone who can create.

Are we to believe those players don't exist outside of the Premier League overpriced bubble and available for less than the 90 MILLION! quoted?

They're bloody hard to find or everyone would be doing it. You get a few teams who get a fantastic hit rate doing this for a while and then fall off, but most of the successful sides can cherry pick the best. We can't.

Finding a player who would hit 20+ G/A in a crappy Leicester team for cheap won't be easy. And we still have a big issue with HG players so one way or the other we have to overpay for domestic talent.

I'm fine with us walking away from Maddison if it means going for an Eze, but it almost certainly won't. Raya is a tough one as what keepers are actually out there and available? Raya is practically a sure thing to be competent.

When Pep needed a striker did he go bargain basement... No he bought Haaland, when he needed a midfielder... 100m on Grealish..... Any serious team needs quality pal..... Raya and Maddison ate ideal for Ange but we lack ambition at board level and are not going to achieve anything until we invest in quality. Newcastle will.... Liverpool will.... So if we end up with our normal rejects that no one else wants unless they can get them on loan..... Let's see which teams do better next year!!..... Good coach or not, all I'm saying is get him some quality to give him a fighting chance.

To put it in context, Ramsdale — Saka fanboy’skeeper— was 35 million, is two years younger (although 27 isn’t old for a keeper) and had 3 years on his contract left to run.

When Pep needed a striker did he go bargain basement... No he bought Haaland,

Well, he went for Kane and couldn't get him. And waited 12 months to purchase one.

We needed a back up attacker last year and spent 60m on one.... In fact, last year was a record in terms of spend for Spurs on transfers...

when he needed a midfielder... 100m on Grealish.....

Who many thought was a waste of money and had down as one of the flops of last season.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In all honesty, I'm not sure he actually needed a midfielder.

It has worked out well for him though. Let's hope all that money we spent last year ends up doing well after 12 months too.

Any serious team needs quality pal..... Raya and Maddison ate ideal for Ange but we lack ambition at board level and are not going to achieve anything until we invest in quality.

What makes those two in particular ideal for Ange?

Newcastle will.... Liverpool will.... So if we end up with our normal rejects that no one else wants unless they can get them on loan..... Let's see which teams do better next year!!... Good coach or not, all I'm saying is get him some quality to give him a fighting chance.

Transfer windows been open a week.

Well, he went for Kane and couldn't get him. And waited 12 months to purchase one.

We needed a back up attacker last year and spent 60m on one.... In fact, last year was a record in terms of spend for Spurs on transfers...

Who many thought was a waste of money and had down as one of the flops of last season.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In all honesty, I'm not sure he actually needed a midfielder.

It has worked out well for him though. Let's hope all that money we spent last year ends up doing well after 12 months too.

What makes those two in particular ideal for Ange?

Transfer windows been open a week.
Ange plays out from the back, Raya is good with his feet and stopped more shots on target than any other keeper in the league.
We lacked quality in the midfield to create and score, Maddison record speaks for itself...... I think if we offered 30m for Raya and 45m for Maddison we would get a good return on the money in today's market..... But I'd be interested to hear the 2 you would buy in those departments if you was genuinely trying to get back in the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom