Have we signed David Raya yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we at the part where we're pretending that we didn't want him anyway and that it's too expensive?

Good goalkeepers cost a lot of money nowadays, the only reason not to get this done is if they are after an even more expensive goalkeeper like Onana or Maignan.

So what? It's not your money.

Beats me why people care. "£40 million? Way too toppy, I wouldn't go a penny over £35 million".

I couldn't give a gnat's twat. Just sell some more go-kart rides or Skywalks if we're short a few bob.

Would definitely prefer to not hear about it, every step of the way.

Really miss the days that transfers came out of nowhere and happened fast.

These days it feels like they leak rumours to see how the fans engage with them, then get stuck into the reactions to the entire negotiation process.

Raya is clearly not a player just ID'd by Ange so why weren't they working out this price and the details ages ago if it's the player they want?

Just makes the club look cheap, which isn't a good look for a club supposedly in the Top 6 and with some fo the finest football facilities in the world.

Beats me why people care. "£40 million? Way too toppy, I wouldn't go a penny over £35 million".

I couldn't give a gnat's twat. Just sell some more go-kart rides or Skywalks if we're short a few bob.

It's very easy to spend other people's money, you remind me of my ex:ledley:

Sometimes fans of this club get so utterly fixated on a single individual that it’s a disaster of the deal doesn’t happen. Porro was a recent such example.

£40mil for a goalkeeper who has a year left on his deal is utterly absurd. Premier League premiums are ridiculous. Excellent talents do excel outside it.

Raya is good but paying this would set a terrible precedent for all our future transfers going forward.

My pick? Yehvann Diouf of Stade Reims. 23 athletic, great distributor off both feet, quick off his line:

Seems very suited for Angeball

Gives me Hereulo Gomes vibes :mourweird:

Are we at the part where we're pretending that we didn't want him anyway and that it's too expensive?

Good goalkeepers cost a lot of money nowadays, the only reason not to get this done is if they are after an even more expensive goalkeeper like Onana or Maignan.

They aren't.

Would we really deal with Inter?

They aren't.

Would we really deal with Inter?
Then we'll have to hope this is either bullshit or a negotiation tactic.

There is no excuse not to get a top goalkeeper this summer. I'm not interested in trying to find a cheaper option, not when there's so many good options available on the market.

That's precisely the point, I'm not spending anyone's money, as I said I don't care.

You on the other hand are very much scrimping with other people's money.

This is the problem with casual football fans, you should care because money doesn't grow on trees.

You're exactly the type to complain when we end up with some cheap CB because we blew our budget in other areas or you wonder why we can't get rid of players because we overspent on them.

Then we'll have to hope this is either bullshit or a negotiation tactic.

There is no excuse not to get a top goalkeeper this summer. I'm not interested in trying to find a cheaper option, not when there's so many good options available on the market.

Most likely outcome is Raya drags on until deadline day.

Wouldn't rule out a cheaper option though.

you wonder why we can't get rid of players because we overspent on them.
Yes but that would be due to the players wages not their transfer fee, more often than not teams will lose money on transfers, when they sell the player on....

... for example I don't think we'd get what we paid for Bryan Gil, Lo Celso, Sanchez et al

£40m would make him the 5th most expensive GK of all time, have a think about that.

NO.
FUCK YOU.

If we get Pedro Porro right now, he will fix everything that is wrong with team under Conte. So just fucking pay up 45 or 55 million, whatever is demanded.
If we get David Raya right now, he will fix everything that is wrong with defense and he is perfect for Ange. So just fucking pay up 40 or 50 million, whatever is demanded.

You obviously don't understand football :roflmao: :roflmao:

Why can't we afford it again?

Aren't the club charging enough for tickets, skywalks, conference bookings, concerts, clothing, merchandise and food and fucking drink?

Maybe they need to increase the prices so poor little Tottenham can afford a new keeper...

Last edited:

Yea, but it seems extremely simple logic, that either it is or isnt your money - the amount will be limited anyway. And there are A LOT more positions to be upgraded in the team. So there is link that if we can talk 10 mil off Raya price, it leaves 10 more mil for CB position for example. And all other factors remaining unchanged, based on probability we could get bit better CB as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom