If we sell Kane to Real Madrid, who could/should we try to get in?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One more year from Kane and then Scarlett comes through and does the business ably assisted by Parrot, Richy and Danjuma.

Yours faithfully,

Mr D Levy

I sincerely hope Harry stays!

If he does move to another club, I would be "thrilled" if Tottenham "look after" Randal Kolo Muani!

A force on the ball, dribbling until you think you've been on a merry-go-round, a goal scorer!
When I saw the first clips of him on YouTube, I couldn't believe that he was actually coming to Frankfurt.

Kolo sees the Bundesliga as a springboard for his career and is flirting with the - in his opinion - best league in the world, the PL!
And if he goes to the island, then he should make it the coolest club on the island.

Eyes open!

If he does move to another club, I would be "thrilled" if Tottenham "look after" Randal Kolo Muani!

A force on the ball, dribbling until you think you've been on a merry-go-round, a goal scorer!
When I saw the first clips of him on YouTube, I couldn't believe that he was actually coming to Frankfurt.

Kolo sees the Bundesliga as a springboard for his career and is flirting with the - in his opinion - best league in the world, the PL!
And if he goes to the island, then he should make it the coolest club on the island.

Eyes open!

I will watch some youtube clips. Can't say I know anything about him.

Could definitely do with someone like that though.

of all the players i have watched the past few years I'd say Evan Ferguson probably is the most natural like for like Kane replacement but i think he'd cost 70-100 million and i couldnt see the club spending that amount.

I think Richy deserves a starting spot and would fit in very well with Anges high press tactics

Also having a coach like Ange Posteacouglou also throws up the chance of signing potential unknown gems like Fergie did with Chicarito at Utd.

Im quite relaxed and trust Ange will have us well drilled and prepped for next season whoever is brought in.

I agree, but I'm not sure we'll have a choice.

We could play hardball and refuse to play him if he won't sign either an extension or a transfer, but it'd be cutting our nose off to spite our face and he knows we'll cave the moment we stumble a bit without him anyway.

Still think he's going to Newcastle on a free next summer with a fat bonus to pocket for his trouble. Think it's already agreed, which is why he never really acted as though this may have been his last season at Spurs.

I would hate to see him in a Toon shirt

I’m up here in the NE atm with Mrs B for a few days in a place called Newbiggin on sea which is lovely some 30 miles from Newcastle itself

Wherever you go there’s Toon posters and nearly every car has stickers etc
Every pub is decked out in them

Absolute fanatics and speaking to a few, as they’re really friendly, it’s them or City for the league next season!
JoeLinton similar hero worship to Shearer!

They were very sympathetic to me with us having Levy as they had to endure Mike Ashley

They would love Kane and had a good laugh when I insisted that he would come as a package with Dier!

I really hope Harry signs another two year contract

I would hate to see him in a Toon shirt

I’m up here in the NE atm with Mrs B for a few days in a place called Newbiggin on sea which is lovely some 30 miles from Newcastle itself

Wherever you go there’s Toon posters and nearly every car has stickers etc
Every pub is decked out in them

Absolute fanatics and speaking to a few, as they’re really friendly, it’s them or City for the league next season!
JoeLinton similar hero worship to Shearer!

They were very sympathetic to me with us having Levy as they had to endure Mike Ashley

They would love Kane and had a good laugh when I insisted that he would come as a package with Dier!

I really hope Harry signs another two year contract
100m for Kane on his own

80m if they agree to take Dier as well

We’ve been relying on Harry to pull us through for years. Time to grow up. If he doesn’t sign a contract then sell now. New era. New striker. No idea who because nobody’s as good.

Thinking longer term: Maybe a cheeky swoop for Toney while he’s banned?
Perfect time to buy him while he's banned as there would be less competition for him and more afforadable to us. He'd be banned for the first half of the season, we can struggle with Richarlison and then Toney comes in and we are fine after Jan

Perfect time to buy him while he's banned as there would be less competition for him and more afforadable to us. He'd be banned for the first half of the season, we can struggle with Richarlison and then Toney comes in and we are fine after Jan

You say this, but time waits for no man...... Are we really happy to potentially handicap our new gaffa for half of his first season?

Eyes open!

Dream replacement.

Have to think he's got others interested that would pay more to get him and pay him more than we would.

Calvert Lewin is no better than what we have aside from H. Which is in itself quite concerning.
Son, Richi and Kulu aren't bad players, not if they each play to the best of their abilities. Which is where Ange comes in.

DCL being a centre forward complements Son/Kulu as wide strikers and gives us another option if Ange wants to use him as a target man.

Son, Richi and Kulu aren't bad players, not if they each play to the best of their abilities. Which is where Ange comes in.

DCL being a centre forward complements Son/Kulu as wide strikers and gives us another option if Ange wants to use him as a target man.

DCL scored 2 in 18 games last season.

Also:

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fe1a58a9c-424e-11ec-96bf-de0821791f3f.jpg

You say this, but time waits for no man...... Are we really happy to potentially handicap our new gaffa for half of his first season?
Its possible Toney turns to shit in 6 months. But him with 6 months off would still be a better choice than Richarlison. So Im not completely against having him as Richarlison's replacement and get another attacker instead of Kane.

Whatever we do, we need a Kane replacement right away. The last thing we need is to get those last few drops of juice out of Kane , only for him to leave in a year for free. I am hoping the new manager is focussed on rebuilding the squad as much as possible in the first year.

There’s a concept called spreading the goals around the team. We need to upgrade the attacking midfielders and wingers department (seeing as it’s virtually none existent)

Everything went through Kane and it’s stupid to expect a single player to pick up the slack.

Move Son upfront and let him and Richy share the 9 duties between them. Load up on creative talents.

Upgrade the weak points of the team (CB, GK,)

There’s life after Harry Kane and seeing Spurs fans getting tunnel vision with regards to him is depressing.
Yep Brighton just came 6th with Danny Welbeck up front. None of their strikers scored more than 10 goals. Apart from city none of the top 4 had a striker who scored more than 18 goals.

With fluid attacking footy we can spread the goals around a lot more. So it's not as simple as just saying we need to find someone who can replace Kane's 30 goals.

Its possible Toney turns to shit in 6 months. But him with 6 months off would still be a better choice than Richarlison. So Im not completely against having him as Richarlison's replacement and get another attacker instead of Kane.

Strategically; sure.... But in practical terms, Spurs going shopping for 2 strikers in one window sounds like a process that's doomed to fail.

We’ve got Richarlison and Sonny to play centrally if Kane leaves .. we need a top quality centre back, creative mid, and left winger for Ange’s system

Back
Top Bottom