If we sell Kane to Real Madrid, who could/should we try to get in?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would this be 19 year old Dane Scarlett who has just scored a whopping 4 goals for Portsmouth in league one ?

I swear some fans actually want us to be shit
Geez Houndy. Down boy!

I'm not talking about starting him and giving him every 90mins.

I'm talking about keeping him around. Giving him some minutes.

We have a lot less fixtures next season. Let's use it to get some youngsters involved. Getting them used to how we wanna play now. A new start is an ideal time.

And from what I've seen, the Pompey fans loved him.

Would this be 19 year old Dane Scarlett who has just scored a whopping 4 goals for Portsmouth in league one ?

I swear some fans actually want us to be shit
So you'd be happy going into the season with a striker who scored 1 league goal last season , a clearly declining Sonny , a kid who isn't ready yet and some cheap old clogger

Sounds like a recipe for a disaster to me but fair enough if that's what you think

So you'd be happy going into the season with a striker who scored 1 league goal last season , a clearly declining Sonny , a kid who isn't ready yet and some cheap old clogger

Sounds like a recipe for a disaster to me but fair enough if that's what you think
Firstly, I wouldn't let Kane leave.

However, if he went, I'd give his spot to Richy who I think has a lot more to give than this injury-hit season.

You've then also got Son who I think will also be better this season.

Then I think it's important to blood Spurs youngsters and Scarlett fits that bill.

For the fourth spot we have more important areas that we'll need to throw money at. Experience doesn't have to equal 'clogger' but I'm not tied down on age. Get the best you can that fits the new system with the money we have.

What would be your plan?

Hope you’re wrong in your second paragraph but he may surprise us as I don’t think that he liked the bad feeling he received from fans when Pep flashed his knickers at him

Whatever we can’t let him sign for another PL club
I agree, but I'm not sure we'll have a choice.

We could play hardball and refuse to play him if he won't sign either an extension or a transfer, but it'd be cutting our nose off to spite our face and he knows we'll cave the moment we stumble a bit without him anyway.

Still think he's going to Newcastle on a free next summer with a fat bonus to pocket for his trouble. Think it's already agreed, which is why he never really acted as though this may have been his last season at Spurs.

However, if he went, I'd give his spot to Richy who I think has a lot more to give than this injury-hit season.

Then I think it's important to blood Spurs youngsters and Scarlett fits that bill.

For the fourth spot we have more important areas that we'll need to throw money at. Experience doesn't have to equal 'clogger' but I'm not tied down on age. Get the best you can that fits the new system with the money we have.

What would be your plan?
Fair enough mate

I'm conflicted on Kane , obviously don't want him to go but kicking the can 12 months down the road would put us in an even more precarious position

If that Madrid offer comes in , I think we have to sell but we really can't afford to half arse it when it comes to replacing him

I'll be honest , I have no idea in terms of names , all the obvious ones will be non starters

While I don't love the idea of Richarlison as our main striker , I guess it could work if we get enough quality around him in the wide forward positions , not sure the likes of Kulusevski are going to cut it

Fair enough mate

I'm conflicted on Kane , obviously don't want him to go but kicking the can 12 months down the road would put us in an even more precarious position

If that Madrid offer comes in , I think we have to sell but we really can't afford to half arse it when it comes to replacing him

I'll be honest , I have no idea in terms of names , all the obvious ones will be non starters

While I don't love the idea of Richarlison as our main striker , I guess it could work if we get enough quality around him in the wide forward positions , not sure the likes of Kulusevski are going to cut it
I'm only going on the reports on Postecoglou's system really who say that his striker presses like a maniac. Richy is a runner when he plays. He's a nuisance and think he'd shine.

Question mark for me with him is staying fit.

We paid £60m for him. If Kane goes then he'll need to be given his chance and will need to take it. One underwhelming season can be an anomaly - more than that and it's a problem.

Absolutely not.
That ship sailed with Richarlison’s season. No way will I sign on for replacing Harry with him.

I’d rather plonk down the full amount for Ferguson at Brighton than have Richarlison lead the line. There are dozens of strikers available for that money — Newcastle paid less for Isak — better than Richarlison.

What would be your plan?
if Kane leaves and Richie is number one surely he gets 15 goals.
Best we could hope for is another striker to get 15. Sonny could surely get 10
Problem is a 15 goal striker today is 40 odd million if you can get one. Awonyi from forest looks decent. He scored around 9 goals in 26 games.

if Kane leaves and Richie is number one surely he gets 15 goals.
Best we could hope for is another striker to get 15. Sonny could surely get 10
Problem is a 15 goal striker today is 40 odd million if you can get one. Awonyi from forest looks decent. He scored around 9 goals in 26 games.
You have to think that injuries would be less of a factor next season too since we'll rarely play more than once a week so squad can be smaller.

Having said that, our lot haven't run much recently so they'll be dropping like flies when trying to press!

During the play off final there were some voices for the Swedish guy at Coventry.
Good .. but ATM a prem squad player... Can't see him stepping up to where we'd need him to be to replace Kane
Toneys a good fit. But Brentford would certainly ask for ??? 60 ish plus and they're not in need of cash and I don't suppose They'de welcome any interest in him
If we could keep him fit.. bamford at Leeds in the last couple of seasons has developed into a decent all round c/f ..and given Leeds relegation... I'de say he'd be up for the move.. he's already spent 2 many seasons in the championship and I'm sure there would be a deal there .
But honestly I'm all in favour of giving Richarlson a decent go.. thought at the end of the season he looked the part..and given a chance I'm reasonably sure he'd deliver. A goalscoring middie is what we've lacked. Ward prowse or Madison would fit the bill.. BUT I'm pretty sure teams with more attractive seasons ie European footie will be in the hunt for both of them.. which will make things .... Difficult

Vlahovic if he is gettable and a decent price, otherwise Thuram on a free (yes I realise their will be agent fees and signiong fees, just like every other transfer) makes a lot of sense and invest elsewhere in the squad.

Honestly if we were to let Kane move on i couldnt give a fuck who scores the goals

whether it be Kulu with 20 goals or Son with 25 assists to Richy's 30 goals or Porro with 4 goals and 10 assists

The most important thing is getting the results

and i for one know we are going get the feel good factor back at the club with Ange Posteacouglou as head coach thats what really matters right now for an 8th placed finish premier league side

The man is going build a fuckin dynasty at this club

COYS

Back
Top Bottom