If we sell Kane to Real Madrid, who could/should we try to get in?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly if we were to let Kane move on i couldnt give a fuck who scores the goals

whether it be Kulu with 20 goals or Son with 25 assists to Richy's 30 goals or Porro with 4 goals and 10 assists

The most important thing is getting the results

and i for one know we are going get the feel good factor back at the club with Ange Posteacouglou as head coach thats what really matters right now for an 8th placed finish premier league side

The man is going build a fuckin dynasty at this club

COYS
exactly. This club has enough fanboys already. 50000 locals are just there to see Kane score, nothing else matters as long as he's making history. Then there are hundreds of Son fans there to support him, all they care about is Son's performance. Some minor Brazilian fans here and there too. Some real fans are trying to boycott ENIC but are in the minority. We don't want the Kane dynasty, we don't want the Son dynasty, we want an actual team to fucking win things.

exactly. This club has enough fanboys already. 50000 locals are just there to see Kane score, nothing else matters as long as he's making history. Then there are hundreds of Son fans there to support him, all they care about is Son's performance. Some minor Brazilian fans here and there too. Some real fans are trying to boycott ENIC but are in the minority. We don't want the Kane dynasty, we don't want the Son dynasty, we want an actual team to fucking win things.
So people who applaud and support players aren’t real supporters but people who boycott and boo are?
GTFO.

Obviously it would me amazing if Kane does win some silverware at the club he loves but im also realistic.

Personally if i was Levy id ask Kane if he wants to move on ?
If so where does he want to play? ( in madrid bayern or Manchester?)

Then (this is the clever part) get him to sign a new deal for 4-5 years in the meantime if his head has been turned by going to Madrid (which to be fair most peoples would) look to loan him out (for a fee) for 2 years to them & hopefully he'll win some trophies with them (nobody is more deserving to win silverware)
He then arrives back at spurs to a full steam fully functioning big Ange team that is seriously ready to compete for trophies with the club he loves and plays a big part in adding to his la liga and champions league winners medals earned whilst on loan at Real.

Last edited:
we can’t replace Kane 1v1 it’s impossible and we shouldn’t bother attempting that. What we can do is replace him in the algorithm.
Vote Voting GIF by Resistbot

I actually think Kane would be ill advised to move to Real Madrid. Seeing how they treated Bale should be a clear warning that they simply do not like English players taking the spotlight.

The local press will tear him to shreds and insult him before he's even kicked a ball.

I actually think Kane would be ill advised to move to Real Madrid. Seeing how they treated Bale should be a clear warning that they simply do not like English players taking the spotlight.

The local press will tear him to shreds and insult him before he's even kicked a ball.
Not sure about that, he would be amazing in that team. I'm sure they would warn to him very quickly.

Owen and McMannaman were fine at Real.

He’d just need to make more effort to virtue signal about his Spanish language skills and going out with the local players for dinner

Honestly if we were to let Kane move on i couldnt give a fuck who scores the goals

whether it be Kulu with 20 goals or Son with 25 assists to Richy's 30 goals or Porro with 4 goals and 10 assists

The most important thing is getting the results

and i for one know we are going get the feel good factor back at the club with Ange Posteacouglou as head coach thats what really matters right now for an 8th placed finish premier league side

The man is going build a fuckin dynasty at this club

COYS
Kulu scoring 20 goals ?

Sounds realistic

Firstly, I wouldn't let Kane leave.

However, if he went, I'd give his spot to Richy who I think has a lot more to give than this injury-hit season.

You've then also got Son who I think will also be better this season.

Then I think it's important to blood Spurs youngsters and Scarlett fits that bill.

For the fourth spot we have more important areas that we'll need to throw money at. Experience doesn't have to equal 'clogger' but I'm not tied down on age. Get the best you can that fits the new system with the money we have.

What would be your plan?

If Kane leaves we would have to spend on a proper replacement. Expecting Richarlison to go from 1 goal to 30 is pure insanity. In his best ever PL season he got like 12 goals. It wouldn’t be fair on him or the team to put that pressure on him. He isn’t good enough.

Say Kane is quite keen to leave, and real give us the £100M we want. Who should we go for?

Some names -

Victor Osimhen - very pricey. Prob out of our league?

Kolo Muani - young, hard to know how good he’ll be.

Rasmus Hojlund- young danish striker at Atalanta - highly rated - linked with united.

Gonçalo Ramos - Benfica striker - they’d want the 100 we got for Kane. Highly rated again, untested.

Evan Ferguson - young, signed a new deal at Brighton not sure how good he’ll be

Neymar- 🤷

Stick with Richy and Sonny and buy quality creativity around them like Maddison etc

Any other options?
Neymar. Not a hope and no way. Complete prick

Kane is also miles better then them

Yes he is.

Do think it's time for the painful rebuild to get really painful though.

He's good enough for the biggest club in the world and the money will help the club rebuild. Fair play to him. He's also blazed a trail that the likes of Donley, Scarlett, Devine, Mikey Moore etc can see is possible. Kane won't be the last world class player to come through the academy.

Provided its Real, should maybe get a statue anyway.?

Yes he is.

Do think it's time for the painful rebuild to get really painful though.

He's good enough for the biggest club in the world and the money will help the club rebuild. Fair play to him. He's also blazed a trail that the likes of Donley, Scarlett, Devine, Mikey Moore etc can see is possible. Kane won't be the last world class player to come through the academy.

Provided its Real, should maybe get a statue anyway.?

If Kane goes then Dier, Davies, Lenglet, Sanchez, Tanganga, Lo Celso, Winks, Sessegnon, Perisic, Lloris also need to be gone.

If Kane goes it has to be a full rebuild.

If Kane leaves we would have to spend on a proper replacement. Expecting Richarlison to go from 1 goal to 30 is pure insanity. In his best ever PL season he got like 12 goals. It wouldn’t be fair on him or the team to put that pressure on him. He isn’t good enough.
There’s a concept called spreading the goals around the team. We need to upgrade the attacking midfielders and wingers department (seeing as it’s virtually none existent)

Everything went through Kane and it’s stupid to expect a single player to pick up the slack.

Move Son upfront and let him and Richy share the 9 duties between them. Load up on creative talents.

Upgrade the weak points of the team (CB, GK,)

There’s life after Harry Kane and seeing Spurs fans getting tunnel vision with regards to him is depressing.

Back
Top Bottom