Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don't want to play anyone off the fucking park and end up fucking twatted 3-0

There's no medal for playing well and getting battered.

Do you think any Spurs fans are proud we got beat 2-0 in the Champions League final with more possession, more shots, more shots on target, more passes, more accurate passes (and as a %) and played the better football?
Of course we fucking don't.

These are stupid arguments. Spurs fans may claim they want to see better football but they don't want to be 15th, getting beat more often than we win and saying "yeah but we had more of the ball than then, so bonza"

Celtic walked the league. They were fucking battered in Europe. The season before, they went out before even getting to the group stage, then went out of the ropey league at the qualifying stage and then went out of the conference league at the first qualifying stage.

There is absolutely nothing you or any fanboi can do or say to show this guy has a hope in fucking hell in a real league where there are more than 2 teams that compete.

1. You don't speak for spurs fans.

2. There is absolutely NOTHING you can post that will make anyone with a brain give a shit about your opinions you obnoxious mess.

3. Get fucked.

4. Don't ever call yourself a spurs fan again.

He’s going to have a learning curve.

People giving him 10 / 15 / 20 games. He might need a whole season. No European football to experiment with. Every game is going to be a high pressure league game. Bit of respite in the cups maybe. But the first FA cup game is January. Straight after the mental Xmas period.

Not going to be easy for him as we are a mess of a squad right now.

I shouldn't have to keep saying this, it should be implied as I'm a spurs fan (and it's not aimed at you) but I want him to succeed. I do.

But I can't see him getting the whole season. The only hope he has, is if he really understands how much of a task he's got. He can't come here thinking he's made it. He's worked his way up and now he just has to keep doing what he's doing.
This is like going from a 5k jog to the marathon. A massive amount of work is needed, and he will need a plan b, c and d.

Mad to think so many can't understand the difference between walking a 1 team league in style doesn't translate to coming to the toughest league in Europe. Last season we got fucking battered by relegated Leicester, who put 7 goals past us in 2 games (which we won one) we also conceded 4 over two games to relegated Leeds, 4 over 2 games to relegated Southampton, 5 against Brentford, 5 against Bournemouth

Celtic do not ever have to cope with that kind of opposition. They lost 3 games all season. Once to 6th place St Mirren, once to 2nd place Rangers, once to 5th place Hibbs
This century, the most games they've lost in a league season is 7. And they still won the league.
They haven't finished outside the top 2 since 1994/1995 which was the end of a strange spell from 88-95 where they weren't one of the top 2. I'm sure an older fan may be able to recall why this was?

It's absolutely mental to think someone can come from Celtic and apply the same football and have the same success with Spurs.
These fans will learn it the hard way. Let them cope now, they must do it after another shambles of a managerial search and appointment. But time’ll catch up with them and they’ll be back here crying themselves to sleep. At this point, I’m sorry to say it, but this fan base deserves to be mocked.

I shouldn't have to keep saying this, it should be implied as I'm a spurs fan (and it's not aimed at you) but I want him to succeed. I do.

But I can't see him getting the whole season. The only hope he has, is if he really understands how much of a task he's got. He can't come here thinking he's made it. He's worked his way up and now he just has to keep doing what he's doing.
This is like going from a 5k jog to the marathon. A massive amount of work is needed, and he will need a plan b, c and d.

He seems like a grafter. It’s the fans I worry about.

How we start is key. But no Lloris, maybe no Kane, he needs to sort out his back line sharpish. Harry carried us this year.

It’s a huge work in progress we have given ourselves.

Fans get on his back, start giving levy grief. It’s a slippery slope.

Just listened to Gold's broadcast about our new manager. As usual he's disgustingly optimistic (doesn't he know this is Spurs!) about the appointment. You'd think Gold would allow for the shit-show of the last 23 years? My take on it is sure I'll back him and give him a chance to succeed, but as per usual Levy is always the spanner in the works, what will change this time around?
The ONLY way a manager/coach can be allowed to be successful at our joke of a club is if Levy changes his spots and steps back ENTIRELY from footballing matters. I'm clinging on to the slender chance that Scott Munn is given total control of the football side and that in turn Levy issues him a budget for each transfer window and stays away from any decisions relating to that fund. Surely Levy understands that his footballing input has resulted in our current trajectory of dropping like a stone in the league, not to mention never winning anything. He has smothered the club half to death.
If the narcissistic Levy can't do that then it won't matter who the manager is as we shall always be doomed to failure. We shall see.
Ali Gold is a club stooge, anybody with half a brain knows that much.

Danny boy will never ever (fully) step back, it's just not happening. Same as he will never ever concede that he fucked up on many, many occasions...he may admit it to the camera every now and then, to appease fans and protect revenue, but no way in hell will he ever believe it. Danny thinks Danny is God, and he's got an army of yes bitches around him to comfort him in that delusion of his.

I bet you can't.

472d21b55be4ff03e9c482027d163053.png
Ok admit it , who zoomed in to check that club badge? :wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom