Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not my first choice but since he’s here now, I think, as fans of the club, we should give him our backing and see how the season goes. We just have to be patient and give him the time to sort out the mess and change the playing mentality of the players under him. We have to be prepared for him to have a bumpy start with us, before we see any improvement.

Any angst should be directed at those above him.

If he gets us within top six or better, and gets the team playing exciting attacking football (admittedly, not difficult to achieve after our last 3 permanent managers), I think it should be considered a success for his first season.

For him to achieve any form of success he needs to get rid of most (unlikely to be ALL within one TW), of the unwanted players and get in 4 or 5 quality players to replace others in the starting eleven.

As others have previously mentioned, it’s not that the club is unwilling to spend on new players. The issue is not spending WISELY. The most expensive players, arguably, have been flops or not value for money buys - Sanchez, Ndombele, Richarlison .

Many have said that he has only been successful at lower leagues. One reason is that he hasn’t been given a chance to prove whether he can be a success at the top leagues. Now that he has this opportunity, I think he will give it his all. So let’s sit back and see what he can do and maybe after a season or two, we can then be a better judge whether he’s good enough to coach in the top leagues.

Guess we're going to find out one way or another fingers crossed it works out for us.

IF this appointment fails, is it the last chance saloon for Levy...again?

TBH, I think Levy's last chance was more than a decade ago. He should have walked after AVB at the latest but probably after giving Redknapp Nelson and Saha. You actually look at the 3 years we finished 4th-5th-4th, Redknapp did that with fuck all incoming really. Then gets sacked.

Of course it could work Matt. It's not a different game. It is a better league but he will (or should have) better players to work with. Yes we conceded a lot to lower league teams and that is the beauty of the Prem. On any given week the bottom team could overturn the top. How the fuck did we for instance beat City?

It is a different game. Of course it's a different game. There's a reason the EPL has 4 and soon to be 5 champions league spots Vs Scotland having 1, requiring a qualifying round. It's a pub league in comparison.
Since Fergie in 1987, the biggest success story of a coach coming south is who? Rodgers? Someone who'd already managed for years in England.

I think his first season goes the same as Poch’s

Tough start and a few questions asked but then we start to see what football he is trying to play and get some good results along the way (the 5-3 against chelsea as an example)

Stick with him and I think we’re on the right track for the rebuild we so desperately need
No chance it goes that well. We finished 5th as back then we were a top 5 team.
We'll be competing with City, Woolwich, United, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton next season and I don't think we're up to it.

He is a slow starter, there will be some rocky results in the first half of the season, but should be right just after the january transfer window. If he does as well as I think he will stay for a long time

His press conferences are great entertainment

"Now that the season and all domestic cup competitions have concluded, we are delighted to announce the appointment of Ange Postecoglou as our new First Team Head Coach"

Club definitely aware of how ridiculous they've looked

No chance it goes that well. We finished 5th as back then we were a top 5 team.
We'll be competing with City, Woolwich, United, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton next season and I don't think we're up to it.
I’m sure there were a few saying the same thing when Poch came in

I think it’s a step in the right direction and all we can do is see how it turns out

I was going to say that I assume all the female supporters would have to change their name to Sheila.

Could have been worse, at least he's not a Chelski reject.

To Dare Is To Didgeridoo

All your new shirt would need would be your 70’s perm!

Guess we're going to find out one way or another fingers crossed it works out for us.

IF this appointment fails, is it the last chance saloon for Levy...again?

Last chance saloon who's gonna sack him?
As many mentioned yesterday Tottenham is the most profitable football team in the world right now , more profitable than most NFL teams also :levylol:

The board and Lewis must fuckin love and suck his cock daily
The actual football team may be shit but Tottenham Hotspur PLC is absolutely thriving

Back
Top Bottom