Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is all well and good but I don't think we can count Levy as a manager.

Conversely who's going to take the credit for Liverpool signing Salah seeing as Klopp didn't want anything to do with him...?
Maybe Klopp realised Salah was class after working with him , you are comparing Salah with Spence or as yet Udogie and somehow I’ve lost the argument

Last edited:
It’s official

G’Day Ange!

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

If you're not going to back the new manager, you're not a spurs fan.

That's a fact, not an opinion.

Now delete your account, Martin Keown.

Also, not one person is hailing Ange as 'our new saviour'. Just that they're willing to back him. Which of course, we should. So don't make things up.

I'll back him but I also reserve the right to be sceptical in his abilities.

To me this is a cheap appointment from cheap owners. Once he's in I hope he does well, really well and I'll be happy to say I was wrong. I'm not feeling optimistic about his and our chances over the coming seasons.

And stop telling people to delete their accounts as well just because you don't like their opinions.

I'll back him but I also reserve the right to be sceptical in his abilities.

To me this is a cheap appointment from cheap owners. Once he's in I hope he does well, really well and I'll be happy to say I was wrong. I'm not feeling optimistic about his and our chances over the coming seasons.

And stop telling people to delete their accounts as well just because you don't like their opinions.

Delete your account.

:nunothumb:

(I reserve the right to tell people to delete their accounts).

Better than Maguire links
This is the one that counts LCB

Woolwich lucked out with just how good that Saliba turned out to be. He had a Vvd effect on that side. The moment white or holding fills in they fold

If we can swap out the handicap of dier and bring in a bit of quality that gives the team confidence starting at the back then Ange will be halfway there

Mad to think so many can't understand the difference between walking a 1 team league in style doesn't translate to coming to the toughest league in Europe. Last season we got fucking battered by relegated Leicester, who put 7 goals past us in 2 games (which we won one) we also conceded 4 over two games to relegated Leeds, 4 over 2 games to relegated Southampton, 5 against Brentford, 5 against Bournemouth

Celtic do not ever have to cope with that kind of opposition. They lost 3 games all season. Once to 6th place St Mirren, once to 2nd place Rangers, once to 5th place Hibbs
This century, the most games they've lost in a league season is 7. And they still won the league.
They haven't finished outside the top 2 since 1994/1995 which was the end of a strange spell from 88-95 where they weren't one of the top 2. I'm sure an older fan may be able to recall why this was?

It's absolutely mental to think someone can come from Celtic and apply the same football and have the same success with Spurs.
Of course it could work Matt. It's not a different game. It is a better league but he will (or should have) better players to work with. Yes we conceded a lot to lower league teams and that is the beauty of the Prem. On any given week the bottom team could overturn the top. How the fuck did we for instance beat City?

I think his first season goes the same as Poch’s

Tough start and a few questions asked but then we start to see what football he is trying to play and get some good results along the way (the 5-3 against chelsea as an example)

Stick with him and I think we’re on the right track for the rebuild we so desperately need

Welcome to the club. Hope he smashes this out the park.

He’s definitely going to be able to cope with the pressure of the role. I honestly don’t think anyone who doesn’t live up here know the pressure that comes with managing one of the bigot brothers in Glasgow. Not only winning every match you play, but winning it well and playing good football. Every single match.

He arrived at Celtic after Rangers had won the league by 25 points, fans were demonstrating outside the stadium (and I mean proper demonstrating, not the half arsed shite purple and gold are doing) and he turned it around relatively quickly.

The football we have been playing can hardly get worse, so let’s all get behind him and I’m sure we’ll see an upturn in the coming season.

Back
Top Bottom