Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No Europe, no one of any value to sell but Kane. Levy will go around all summer with his pockets turned out.

You know that if he sells Kane he won't do it until late in the window and then the money won't get spent until next summer if at all. We know his attitude about winter windows.

Trouble is, this team has a snowball's chance in hell of Europe next year without Kane this year and he knows it. So we'll probably just see much the same side as we have just seen all last season. Levy trying to slip in the back door of Europe without paying the doorman
We have to stop building the team and club to a certain extent around Kane , the way we play currently without Kane I agree we are relegation fodder , however we need to find a different way to play without him and the sooner we do it, the better!
Don’t get me wrong I’ll be sad to see him in a Madrid shirt , but you can’t have one player who is bigger than the club

And now you know why. Low expectation manager whos just good enough to have an idea about coaching but not big enough that he’ll start demanding money for players

Isn’t this just click bait? All clubs have to work within their means , the problem just lately hasn’t been about how much we spend , it’s been we spend it on shit!

I don’t think anyone JUST wants exciting football and that’s it.

Obviously I can only speak for me - but the first thing I want is attacking football. We’ve been served up some real bilge over the last few years so at the very LEAST let us have attacking football back.

Once we’ve got that back, then hopefully we can kick on…

But we’ve fallen so far recently that we are MILES off winning anything. We need to rebuild and it’s going to take a while…that simple really.

None of this is Ange’s fault so he should be backed (at least by the fans. We all know Levy won’t!).

Totally get people having reservations but constant (understandable) pessimism doesn’t exactly help does it.

There’s only one man who people should be directing their ire at, and we both know who that is.
Yeah basically how I see it. Back the guy. He seems tailor made for setting us up to fight and that's what I want to see first and foremost. Trophies will never happen without that fighting spirit and it's been largely absent on a sustained level for a few years.

Positive Aussie vibes for the win.

Just had a message from a mate. Turns out Ange is on LinkedIn and a close connect from a football contact we share. .

Had a quick look and I’m guessing it’s a real LinkedIn account and he used to rely on LinkedIn for jobs / networking.

Has to be a first! All premier league managers need to get on it.

Might see if I can add Ryan Mason next.

:dembelelol:

Yeah sure it's an easy one for lazy, incompetent journos. They know it'll get clicks and other ad-attracting reactions.

Doesn't mean there's no semblance of truth in it, though. I mean, come on...are blind you gotta be now as a Spurs fan to refuse acknowledging that Levy's model is just that: investing as little as possible but hoping for top results. He wants with Ange what he got with Poch. That's how there are still so many Poch-era players in the current squad. Either he genuinely thinks Dier, Davies & co are still good enough to compete at the top end...which would be utterly baffling...or he knows they are bang average but he doesn't care, he'll still task his 128th manager in 5 years to extract gold outta them.

No argument from me here.

Levy refuses to adjust the budget and wage bill to match the world Class stadium he built.

But still expects the results that Poch squad got him.

He’d love it if he could win without investing what it takes but it doesn’t mean enough to him that he’d change the policy to achieve it.

I’m really hoping to enjoy watching Ange ball but not going into it with any false expectations of the club. Levy is more than happy for the club to cruise along in the top 8, filling the stadium and selling beer.

To dare is to didgeridoo

Fx4jNf4XgAAwUTu

I Wallaby in that number

Nope, I'm a Spurs fan but not ready to hail Ange as our new saviour.

He has it all to prove imo, nothing wrong with that.

Not sure why this site needs to be one big circle jerk for him and Levy.

If you're not going to back the new manager, you're not a spurs fan.

That's a fact, not an opinion.

Now delete your account, Martin Keown.

Also, not one person is hailing Ange as 'our new saviour'. Just that they're willing to back him. Which of course, we should. So don't make things up.

No it doesn't unfortunately. All it says is that Celtic vs the rest of Scotland is a walk, but as soon as he played anyone outside of the SPL he got owned.
Did you watch Celtic v Real Madrid at CP? His first CL campaign with a rebuilding squad that was flogged the previous season by Rangers by some 28 points from memory. Played Real off the park for 60 minutes. Give him a chance.

Our young lad Oliver could be instrumental to Ange keeping out best player. Remember the,old tv series from Years ago.......I can just imagine Ange saying.......
“What’s that Skipp, Kane is getting g on a plane to Madrid?”

My (kind of) Head Coach.

When I was playing, I never truly got on with them managers who'd stay in the office or on the touchline while their assistant/s ran practice. And, funnily enough, they were the ones we had the poorest results with.

I want the boss out there with us, in his trackies and boots, right in the thick of it...observing everything, shouting instructions, giving us shit when we fuck up, praising the lads when they execute nicely.

I don't care whether he played professionally or not, I only give a shit about the manager - and man - he is right now. I want him out there with us, leading the troops. That's how you earn respect, how you get the boys to take a bullet for you.

Ain't got a frigging clue how things gonna turn out for Big Ange at Spurs, and for sure its legitimate to have doubts seen as he has next to zilch elite level experience, but man do I wish him the very best. Proper football man he is, exactly how you want your Head Coach if you're a player, and he sounds like a right good bloke too.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom