January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True to form, Levy trying to rape the South African economy too. In a country that doesn't have proper Health Care, Education, running water for all and adequate food supply, he is trying to get a sponsorship. How low can you stoop.

LEVNIC is one of the most toxic partnerships on this planet. It goes beyond football. I will always be Spurs at heart but I will never be LEVNIC

LEVY and ENIC OUT!!!!!

Morally bankrupt

Yea it 100% is. My point was just that if he wasn’t willing to drop Son for Richy, then I can’t imagine him dropping Son for Danjuma either.

I know that was your point, but mine subsequently was that he'd already decided to drop Kulu and play Rich ahead of him... Then Kulu got injured...... Then Richy got injured...... It's only really post-WC when that's been likely and Richy is still fighting to get back to fitness.

It's really not Spurs job to tell South Africa how to spend thier budget.

If their tourism agency has that budget available then it's already not being spent on healthcare.
Let's not play dumb though, we're possibly enabling a corrupt government to siphon more money away from their nation.

We'd be just as upset if the Tories did some dodgy deal with a Chinese sports company. Both parties are at fault to some extent.

Was listening to a pod today and Tim Spears, the Spurs correspondent for the athletic, said he’d done some research on Danjuma and apparently he’s a bit of a wankhorn and has fallen out with various teammates and managers at other clubs, often refuses to track and press and work off the ball.

He has the same amount of goals as sessegnon actually. At least Regullion isn’t scared of his own shadow.

The diff is that Sess has found himself in goal-scoring positions a lot less than Reg....

Most of Sess's opportunities were just him arriving at the back post whereas there have been many occasions when Reg has been put through on goal and he just hasn't had the composure to finish.

Considering the outcry again Qatar and other owners with dubious human rights records, do we really want this kind of thing? It shows zero morals and a total worship of profit. I'd also point out the the whole Gaddafi family were avowed anti semites so why give this jumped up egotistical narcissist a platform at our stadium? Clear answer, money.
Obviously it's about the money, why else build a stadium with the facilities to accommodate this kind of event?

Her performing for Gaddafi has nothing to do with us providing a venue for her concert, from which we will be paid handsomely.

Jesus, the lengths...

Let's not play dumb though, we're possibly enabling a corrupt government to siphon more money away from their nation.

We'd be just as upset if the Tories did some dodgy deal with a Chinese sports company. Both parties are at fault to some extent.
This is by no means a dig at you in particular, just a general statement.

We’ve got a large chunk on here screaming for a Qatari takeover. We can’t then get on our moral high horse and cry foul when we agree a sponsorship deal with a company/country that does morally dubious things. It comes very close to “it’s not affecting me so I don’t care, but I’ll be outraged when it does”

Really though the list of ethical money in football is very short. Whether that be ownership or sponsorship.

British people really should not be telling any government what to spend its TOURISM budget on. Its frankly ridiculous. If it delivers visibility for the SA government then it's good value for money that was earmarked to spend on....tourism.

This is why half the planet cant stand us. We are very myopic and hypocrital. With our historical links as a country to some frankly barbarous governments in South Africa and Zimbabwe' you think we'd be too embarrassed to opine. I can't stand Levy for numerous sound reasons this and a concert by a musician is not one of them.

Considering the outcry again Qatar and other owners with dubious human rights records, do we really want this kind of thing? It shows zero morals and a total worship of profit. I'd also point out the the whole Gaddafi family were avowed anti semites so why give this jumped up egotistical narcissist a platform at our stadium? Clear answer, money.
You forgot it’s ok when we do immoral stuff or take blood money from these regimes. The more blood £££ the better! As long as we aren’t owned them.

He does, if it's financial pressure. It's what got him to sack Poch and hire both Mou and Conte with their huge wages.

The fans don't matter.
Yeah finance is all that motivates him. Anger & ill will from the fans goes over his head. So I don’t think he is bothered by it.

Obviously it's about the money, why else build a stadium with the facilities to accommodate this kind of event?

Her performing for Gaddafi has nothing to do with us providing a venue for her concert, from which we will be paid handsomely.

Jesus, the lengths...
Its fucking bizzare. That dogs an odd one. Can you imagine having to CRB check every performer that wants to use the stadium? Was pretty quiet for Guns and Roses good old Axle has committed some real crimes not just sing for people we don't like...statutory rape of a minor anyone?

Last edited:
***ing it of £42m, in exchange for £277m of media exposure that could have a significant impact on tourism, not only from the UK but across the global as we're apparently the 8th largest brand in World football... I'm not sure it's a terrible move TBH.

I have many friends that have had to flee South Africa in recent years, and their stories are things of nightmares. The country has massive problems and a bad reputation. They need to do something to help their economy, I guess tourism is a pretty low hanging fruit?

Anyway, their woes aren't to be laid at our door.
Ignorance is bliss. Take note of these words.

The UK has approx 68 million people documented. The size 243610km².
South Africa is approx 60 million documented on 1,22 million km² of land. SA is 5 times bigger and has 100 times the natural resources. One of which is Food.

Be careful when you think of only yourself.

Words (Anyway, their woes aren't to be laid at our door), will come back to haunt you. Karma is a .......

If you look closely, corruption is now a world wide phenomenon. I'm glad to note that many folk can see how morally incorrect the sponsorship would be.

I can't believe South Africa don't get a say in this and are being forced to sponsor Spurs. Out of order.

Using the word rape to describe Spurs possible sponsorship deal with a country that has in excess of 40k reported rapes annually is very distasteful.

Let me put it in context. Sorry if I offended you. I used the word "Rape" as a metaphor. It precisely because it is such a barbaric act by Levy and Co. I refuse to believe that he had no knowledge of the wrongs being committed by our current Government.

The word has taken a collective meaning that unites those who are being overpowered, be it physically, Financially or mentally. I used it for that purpose. To highlight another potential atrocity.

It is not frowned upon using the word if it is used to illustrate someone overpowering those who cannot defend themselves.

Rubbish.

We've invested big money (for a kid), time and patience in him.

Yr 1 - Arrives with hamstring injury. Struggles to make an impact. (12 apps/134 days injured)
Yr 2 - Deemed in need of a loan and actually gets a ear long loan for a decent club in Germany the following season. Mixed season. (29 apps/47 days injured)
Yr 3 - Comes back next season; niggling injures continue. Then gets sent off within 20 minutes of his big come back. Conte still backs him (when fit!) in the second half of last season (22 apps/167 days injured).
Yr 4 - Conte again backs him by shipping Reg out instead and gives him plenty of game-time this season (23 apps so far!).

Despite playing well on some isolated occasions; he's simply failed over and over to put together a run of good performances in our shirt.
My assertion is based on Spurs buying a 19 year old footballer with potential who had scored 22 goals in 106 games for Fulham and represented England at every level up to under 21.

Four years, five managers and one loan spell later; Spurs have a player who has scored 2 goals in 37 games.

Sessegnon has averaged less than 10 games a season up until this point in his Spurs career.

As a 'regime enthusiast' I feel sure it suits your agenda to dismiss my view that at least half the blame for Sessegnon's failure to progress at Spurs is down to the way THFC have looked after him.

Sessegnon has had a new manager, differing tactics and a revolving cast of team mates for four consecutive seasons.

How could any young player be expected to progress in that environment?

Oliver Skipp has suffered a similar stagnation.

Spurs have played their part in ruining Ryan Sessegnon.

Last edited:
My assertion is based on Spurs buying a 19 year old footballer with potential who had scored 22 goals in 106 games for Fulham and represented England at every level up to under 21.

Four years, five managers and one loan spell later and Spurs have a player who has scored 2 goals in 37 games.

Sessegnon has averaged less than 10 games a season up until this point in his Spurs career.

As a 'regime enthusiast' I feel sure it suits your agenda to dismiss my view that at least half the blame for Sessegnon's failure to progress at Spurs is down to the way THFC have looked after him.

Sessegnon has had a new manager, differing tactics and a revolving cast of team mates for four consecutive seasons.

How could any young player be expected to progress in that environment?

Oliver Skipp has suffered a similar stagnation.

Spurs have played their part in ruining Ryan Sessegnon.
Honestly, just look at the case study of Juan Foyth. Didn't look like he was ever going to amount to anything when he was with us, constantly shuffled around the back line, never getting consistent minutes.

Moved to Villarreal and is now one of the top RBs in La Liga. Our talent ID is fine, our talent development is shite.

If we kept him around I guarantee you he'd be just another Tanganga.

Back
Top Bottom