January 2023 Transfer Thread. The Big One

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing to write home about, another missed opportunity window come and gone.
Onto the summer, when we can look forward to another missed opportunity, team will always be left short whilst those at the top continue to operate.

I’d disagree with this. The first half of the season we suffered untimely injuries to Kulusevski , and Richarlison, Moura is clearly on the decline, and Conte clearly did not rate Gil. Conte is stubborn (both in team selection and tactics), but when things click for him they really click. Danjuma is the creative player who can beat a man that Conte has been craving to have on the bench. I think we’ll see a lot of cameos from him this season.
Oh we definitely were struck by injuries at a very inconvenient time, but early on in the season we had a fit Richarlison who's bulk of minutes were coming from subbing for Deki, while Son continued to be a passenger week in week out.

6/10 RWB sorted and hopefully cover for Son/Kulu in Danjuma if one is injured or playing bad.

No CB and no creative midfield for a plan B will hurt us though. Thankfully Newcastle and Man U also did very little so for top 4 race we might be able to catch them up

With a manager who is likely to walk, why would we buy players who might not he wanted in the summer?

Some posters are living in fantasy land.

I think people are looking at Chelsea and getting green with envy.

Who did the majority of the top clubs buy, apart from that scum of a club?
Doesnt matter who the manager is. We have shit CB's who give away a goal every other game and should been replaced ages ago. We also have a goalkeeper who regularly fucks up.
These need replacing now. Any fool can see this.
Obviously the bald genius doesn't give a shit

So…….. Bryan Gil, a player with obviously high potential who genuinely excites us, loaned out once more.Spence? I guess we’ll never know.
In…….Porro (eventually) and Danjuma who appears to be a cheap punt.
Centre back ?(where we are desperately in need of upgrades) Creative midfielder? (we haven’t had one in years) I guess not so much……..
Sadly I’m an addict, there is no way out for me-but my god they are testing my patience to the limit.
COYS!!!

True to form, Levy trying to rape the South African economy too. In a country that doesn't have proper Health Care, Education, running water for all and adequate food supply, he is trying to get a sponsorship. How low can you stoop.

LEVNIC is one of the most toxic partnerships on this planet. It goes beyond football. I will always be Spurs at heart but I will never be LEVNIC

LEVY and ENIC OUT!!!!!

Strange take! Nobody forces someone to become a sponsor. If your issue is we shouldn’t be linked to a certain entity then that’s a different argument.

your views seem so bitter and twisted that it’s clouding your judgement and weakening your argument

True to form, Levy trying to rape the South African economy too. In a country that doesn't have proper Health Care, Education, running water for all and adequate food supply, he is trying to get a sponsorship. How low can you stoop.

LEVNIC is one of the most toxic partnerships on this planet. It goes beyond football. I will always be Spurs at heart but I will never be LEVNIC

LEVY and ENIC OUT!!!!!

I can't believe South Africa don't get a say in this and are being forced to sponsor Spurs. Out of order.

Using the word rape to describe Spurs possible sponsorship deal with a country that has in excess of 40k reported rapes annually is very distasteful.

for a January transfer window I'm giving this a 6/10. We got a starting right back. An exciting forward. Got rid of Docherty (thank God) and got our young players some good loans
And all this with our director of football being investigated for fraud at his old job.

Imagine what we could have done without all that noise.

I don’t know if I’m getting dragged down with all the loons but it reeks of poch coming back to me. As if he’s already involved. Conte will finish his contract and go back to Italy and poch will step in having already been working with the club in the background for over six months

these players seem good for him, and youth sent out to get some much needed experience and not sold so they can come back in the summer.

I think my Lusitanian hermano and I can agree, he's 100% Macho Ibérico.

macho2.jpg
Bellerin has let himself go

Get back inside and throw away any talk of common sense and rationale.

You would think we were 15th, didn't have 2 of the best goalscorers and returning players. We have barely as yet seen much of Richarlison, Bissouma or anything of the best Kulusevski.

Look at the style of play of Conte and posters should ask who was bought that we realistically could have acquired who would have fitted the model of Conte?

We spent in the summer and have now got 2 additions, one everyone was creaming about and the other we shall see.

If we play to potential we will be close to our objectives. That's down to Conte and the players but honestly reading the posts, you would think we should plunder 100 million pounds and then it would be that we should spend 150 million pounds.

Let's hope Porro and Danjuma have the impact of Kulusevski and Bentancur, then we are laughing.
Have you seen the centre backs at spurs? We have 1 that's worth keeping the rest are mediocre at best. We have no goalkeeper worthy of the name. This should have been sorted out long ago. Hugo's replacement should have been here in August.
This is down to levy
Time and again he fails us - so stop fucking defending him

LEVY and ENIC OUT!!!!!

It's really not Spurs job to tell South Africa how to spend thier budget.

If their tourism agency has that budget available then it's already not being spent on healthcare.

I actually think they did.

But we’ve loaned out so many shit players that we can’t sell, we now have to terminate contracts for reasonably competent squad players.

A good football team with effective recruitment does not get into this sort of situation.

This is incompetence.
If they did, why send Spence to Rennes instead of a PL club knowing it meant having to release Doherty for no fee?

You'd like to think they knew - you'd expect them to know - but... 🤔

Back
Top Bottom