Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pray Good Vibes GIF by Ryn Dean
Am I the only one who instinctively wondered when her arms starting moving up whether she was going to take her top off? Guess it's ingrained into us fellas. :/

They need a striker and Jesus will score 15-20 goals for them. Jesus, Saka and Raphina should they sign him with Odegaard or Smith-Rowe playing behind them looks decent.

I charity bet you that Jesus doesn't get 20 epl goals for them next season.

Last edited:
This is the kind of signing I don’t understand why we don’t just pay the money and get him. Apparently Boro want 15 million for the guy, that is quite literally pennies for a Champions League PL club now. Why don’t we just pay it if the manager wants him?

We have previous for doing this with Championship players too. Sessengnon and Grealish spring to mind.

We could have got Sessengnon for much cheaper than the eventual 30 million we had to pay for him and we could have got Grealish for a very decent price too if we had just stopped dithering.

The information in public domain suggests Boro want £25m for Spence, £15m from other clubs.

We seem to be offering £15m, which seems to be what you are suggesting.

If you believe Gold and the Athletic and the rumours about Richarlison it could be we will pay a big chunk of a transfer fee to Everton on or before June 30. Could be we get a reduced price to help them out with FFP.
So what if nothing happens and the June 30th deadline passes? Surely then it time to melt?

We can downplay this as much as we want, but he's still going to score 20 goals for them.
His career high in the league is 14 and he averages less than 10. He has reached 20 in all competitions twice but one of those involved buckets of goals in 9-0 (4 goals) and 6-0 (2) victories in domestic cups. He was pretty much playing all domestic cups from round 3 on. For a team that creates changes for fun.

Bissouma really is a game changer for us and I don't think enough people realise. But they will soon enough.

It would be incredible if we could somehow pull off Richarlison + Raphina and not completely unrealistic given Berg is gone and Lucas is going into his last year.

Wonder if Lucas would take a loan surely either Everton or Leeds would like he is a resonable player.

Bissouma last season was amazing, player I most wanted to get (court case aside), so good defensively and yet outstanding on the ball as well. Sort of like a Carrick with better dribbling and defending but not as good at passing.

His career high in the league is 14 and he averages less than 10. He has reached 20 in all competitions twice but one of those involved buckets of goals in 9-0 (4 goals) and 6-0 (2) victories in domestic cups. He was pretty much playing all domestic cups from round 3 on. For a team that creates changes for fun.

He was never the main man at City though. At Woolwich he will be seen as the CF with the primary burden of goalscoring, and he will start every game. It's a wait & see game over whether that will lead to an improvement in his goal record despite playing for a worse team. Lots of players for worse sides score more goals if they have a larger role.

And if they sign Raphinha then they'll have him, Saka, Odegaard, Vieira & ESR as a support cast .. plenty of creators.

Pretty much how I feel.

I know where we probably want to end up from this transfer window - but so many names in the frame (and pretty much all players I'd be happy to see at Spurs) I have no idea WHICH players specifically will actually be signed.

In some cases, yes. Imo though this is more when there is too much change in the form of players who - almost - automically slots into the first 11.

Our top players - Kane, Son, Hugo, and arguably 1 or 2 more - will want to start competing at the top end of the table and have a real shot at a cup. They'll know that squad depth absolutely needs to be adressed, also broader than your suggestion. As will everyone in our squad.

The only player we've signed so far who automatically slots into our starting line-up is Perisic, and you could make the argument that he'll be the only one, no matter what happens. Bissouma will need to take a spot from Skipp, PEH, Bentacur. Whichever one or even two attacking will need to duke it out with Kulu for starts plus rotation starts. Even if we sign a top class CB then Dier and Davies has earned that it's their spot to lose.

I'm completely convinced that the whole squad understands this. Those who didn't have already been put to one side. If Davies, just to single out the most vulnerable starter from last season, wants glory, he'll have to be good enough to see off competition for his spot from top level signings, and of course he respects this fact. Otherwise Conte wouldn't have started him every match.

Even 5-6 more signings will not be an issue imho.
I understand your point, I don't agree and I don't believe that players are intelligent enough to sacrifice their momentum for the squad momentum. most of them have arrived to top level thanks to selfishness and individualism and are not keen to step aside.

sudoku I don't know if Romano has confirmed or not

Back
Top Bottom