Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I imagine as soon as City were involved nobody stood a chance in hell, tbh.

True. But I don't think Woolwich were ever in for him yet he's exactly the kind of player they seem to miss. Thought Liverpool would have been interested as a replacement for Henderson who's time as a starter for them is nearing it's end. I think plenty of City fans will see the signing as a bit under-whelming.

They are very weak in centre mid and also at full back and also injury prone in these areas, they lack any kind of toughness in midfield or at the back. Jesus and Raphinia will not help with this

True they are weak there , but they have no forwards apart from Nketiah who is very meh. Forwards is where they are desperate

He's a quality player but do we actually need him? He would improve the squad but I'd rather see us sign a top left-back. I'm not sure Reguilon can ever be that guy and Sessegnon is very much a back-up.
The depth of our front 3 is quite poor, with Bergwijn going we'd be looking at bringing on Lucas which going by last year doesn't inspire me with a lot of confidence. I'd say we do need another quality fwd player

Emerson allowed to leave

napoleon-dynamite-yes.gif

The depth of our front 3 is quite poor, with Bergwijn going we'd be looking at bringing on Lucas which going by last year doesn't inspire me with a lot of confidence. I'd say we do need another quality fwd player

Suppose you're right if Perisic is going to play at wing-back. I think he's good but certainly wouldn't want to get involved in a bidding war for him.

So if Woolwich sign Jesus and Raphinha and Chelsea sign Richarlison and Sterling, who do we consider and monitor next?

Osimhen?
Depay?
Gakpo?
Isak?

Any other decent options?

He's a quality player but do we actually need him? He would improve the squad but I'd rather see us sign a top left-back. I'm not sure Reguilon can ever be that guy and Sessegnon is very much a back-up.

We certainly need one or even two top forwards, so there is not too much of a drop off from Kane, Son, Kulusevski as those three cannot play every game, especially with a shorter season than usual due to the 6 week world cup in the middle of the season which with the same number of games means we will be playing midweek and weekend pretty much throughout the season. Which is why there will be 5 subs allowed next season, and another reason to expect another quality forward in.

Which forward(s) we want is unclear as Paratici is clearly talking to multiple targets such as Raphinha, Richarlison, Scamacca, Osimhen, Martinez and undoubtedly a few more.

Moving onto LWB's we've signed Perisic, and I'd assume Reguilon will move on.

You're right. And the key phrase you used is quality fwd player.

No more of this back up nonsense or who's gonna be happy to sit on the bench bollocks.

If we're serious about competing for and winning stuff we need to start flexing our financial muscle and start bringing in the calibre of player to actually compete with our front three .

Last edited:
We certainly need one or even two top forwards, so there is not too much of a drop off from Kane, Son, Kulusevski as those three cannot play every game, especially with a shorter season than usual due to the 6 week world cup in the middle of the season which with the same number of games means we will be playing midweek and weekend pretty much throughout the season. Which is why there will be 5 subs allowed next season, and another reason to expect another quality forward in.

Which forward(s) we want is unclear as Paratici is clearly talking to multiple targets such as Raphinha, Richarlison, Scamacca, Osimhen, Martinez and undoubtedly a few more.

Moving onto LWB's we've signed Perisic, and I'd assume Reguilon will move on.

Even though Raphina is more exciting on the ball, I'd probably opt for Richarlison of the two, given a choice. Raphina can look a bit lightweight when things aren't going well. And although Richarlison can be/is an annoying cunt, he never hides.

So if Woolwich sign Jesus and Raphinha and Chelsea sign Richarlison and Sterling, who do we consider and monitor next?

Osimhen?
Depay?
Gakpo?
Isak?

Any other decent options?

If we are buying two forwards, a top forward and need another one I'd look at Charles De Ketelaere (Bruges) who can cover centre forward and both wings.

Not first class but we were linked in January and last summer - currently being hotly pursued by AC Milan and Leeds who want him to replace Raphina and with 2 years left on his contract will definitely move on. Reminds me a little of Kulusevski ......and I'd prefer him to Depay on your list

Back
Top Bottom