Fantasy Premier League 2013-14

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok - how do subs work - if your sub has acquired points and you put in him your team later - do you add his 'earned' points as well?

Subs come in if your first XI didn't get any game time. So when @ Éperons Éperons saw Kaboul coming on for a few minutes a loud cry was heard in Lithuania as he realised he won't be getting his Shaw points.

I have 30 points sitting on my bench. I might get 11 of those if Mata doesn't play on Wednesday. He'll probably come on in the 90th minute though.

Even worse is Mata is my captain. He'll probably play on Wednesday, denying me the extra six points I would've gotten if I had kept the armband on Ivanović.

a solid 46 point so far with two city players left to play. although i hope zabaleta comes down with some sort of mystery illness overnight as Shaw is currently say counting his 12 points on my bench.

As an aside. I don't understand how they decide bonus points. I mean coutinho was clearly one of the best players on the pitch yesterday and he didn't get any. Paulinho wsa given motm by sky but he didn't get any, yet Soldado got 3 just for scoring a pen and not doing a whole lot else.
It's so arbitrary it annoys me quite a bit.

Bonus points are decided statistically, so it might not always go to the right player. Same way a defensive mid can play great, but not get a lot of points because they're unlikely to score or assist.
http://www.fantasyfootballcheat.co.uk/2013/07/22/gameweek-1-the-new-bonus-point-system/

First place after a flukey first game week which still has two games to go. :dude:

*insert song about going to win the league here and watch my team drop down the league table*

Last edited:
Subs come in if your first XI didn't get any game time. So when @ Éperons Éperons saw Kaboul coming on for a few minutes a loud cry was heard in Lithuania as he realised he won't be getting his Shaw points.

I have 30 points sitting on my bench. I might get 11 of those if Mata doesn't play on Wednesday. He'll probably come on in the 90th minute though.
That is a very strange system and one I wasn't aware of, ffs! Zabaleta is on my bench right now.

I remember playing a Euro 2008 one (I think) where you can put on your sub on with the gamble he might make more (or less) points than the player you're taking off - i.e. for example Zabaleta on for someone who played on Saturday and received low points

Last edited:
(Shared) 2nd place so far! Happy with my 71 pts, though I might have fucked up on the Chelsea boys with Hazard captaining. Looks like that team will be rotated a lot, better just avoid them all!

And that's my first wildcard gone.

Shaw for Kolarov (perhaps one I should have waited until tomorrow for?), Barkley for Snodgrass (purely money saving for...) Bony for Anelka.

I bet a pint with a Utd supporting friend that Bony would hit 20 league goals this season and he laughed at me. Seconds later young Wilfried planted the ball in the bottom corner of De Gea's goal and my friend went a little quiet on me. It wouldn't be right for me to make a bold statement like that and not have the lad in my fantasy side.

And that's my first wildcard gone.

Shaw for Kolarov (perhaps one I should have waited until tomorrow for?), Barkley for Snodgrass (purely money saving for...) Bony for Anelka.

I bet a pint with a Utd supporting friend that Bony would hit 20 league goals this season and he laughed at me. Seconds later young Wilfried planted the ball in the bottom corner of De Gea's goal and my friend went a little quiet on me. It wouldn't be right for me to make a bold statement like that and not have the lad in my fantasy side.

20 league goals is a feck load lol for a first season on Swansea too. I reckon he'll get about 15. Anyway I've used my wildcard too lol

----------Boruc
Shaw Hughes Whitaker
Oscar Coutinho Barkley Silva
Aguero Soldado RVP

Lewis Kasami Ward Chamblers

reckon my startn 11 will now rack the points up especially the forwards. sittn on 49 points now with Mata my feckn captain, Hazard, Lampard and Benteke still to play again. Willian will be going in though as soon as he's available, reckon he'll be about 8.5-9

David Luiz didn't play in his first game and isn't starting in the second game, if he doesn't play at all does one guy from my bench play instead? If so how is that decided? I have Coleman and Shaw on my bench as defenders and then Kim as a midfielder also.

David Luiz didn't play in his first game and isn't starting in the second game, if he doesn't play at all does one guy from my bench play instead? If so how is that decided? I have Coleman and Shaw on my bench as defenders and then Kim as a midfielder also.

first person on your bench gets subbed in as long as you still have 3 defenders minimum in first xi. If not then next mid/str on the your bench.

Mata playing tonight means I lose Nolan's points, Mata better get a fucking hattrick.

Back
Top Bottom