Bale Madrid... it's Real!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't help but feel we're already spending the Bale money....

ONE more signing, and we go over £60m for the Summer..... (unless we pick up Gary Doherty for £500k and declare our business over!!!)

Does anyone seriously think Uncle Joe has suddenly decided to bankroll us to THIS level, of all the Summers?????

I don't understand why some people are assuming we have to sell Bale to cover our summer spending.

If we look at the clubs income the summer transfer figures don't become quite so massive.

I stole these from someone much more ITK than me (no circles):

PL-TV-income-11-12-split.jpg

PL-TV-split-13-14-forecasts1.jpg

Link: http://www.sportingintelligence.com...ng-where-the-money-goes-and-what-next-190601/

The money form 2012-2013 is the same as 2011-2012 according to the article hence why there is no 2012-2013 data.

So, based on the least optimistic scenario we have an extra £30m burning a whole in our pockets and possibly as much as £50m more.

Out net spend over the last 3 years before this transfer window has been minus £11.8m.
Link: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

Add that to the conservative extra £30m we're gonna earn this year and we have £41.8m

So, as we stand today Uncle Joe would have to stump up a maximum of £16.2m and that's assuming the club don't make that in profit elsewhere.

So, in conclusion, do we need the Bale money to pay for our spending this year? No.
Do we need a massive cash injection from Joe? Maybe, but probably not.

I think Bale is on his way but I don't think our spending can only be fulled by him going.

Disclaimer: I don't have a fucking clue about any of this and just stole all of it from the internet :adegrin2:

Do you think that if Spains economy keeps spinning down the toilet that Madrid will stay the force they are now? I reckon in the next 10-20 years there will be some real changes in the power structure of football, and we are poised in a great position being financially sound to benefit. The astronomical spending just can't go on while the rest of the world suffers economical meltdown.

Football is removed from the economics fluctuations that effect the rest of us. RM are big enough to attract a Russian ollgarchs or an American billionaire or an Arab family with spare cash. They will always be at the top - 10/20 years time they will be in Europe's super league playing sell outs every week against the elite and reaping in the the world media TV monies. Tottenham need to be there when it happens, hopefully get going with Bale.

I don't understand why some people are assuming we have to sell Bale to cover our summer spending.

If we look at the clubs income the summer transfer figures don't become quite so massive.

I stole these from someone much more ITK than me (no circles):

PL-TV-income-11-12-split.jpg

PL-TV-split-13-14-forecasts1.jpg

Link: http://www.sportingintelligence.com...ng-where-the-money-goes-and-what-next-190601/

The money form 2012-2013 is the same as 2011-2012 according to the article hence why there is no 2012-2013 data.

So, based on the least optimistic scenario we have an extra £30m burning a whole in our pockets and possibly as much as £50m more.

Out net spend over the last 3 years before this transfer window has been minus £11.8m.
Link: http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

Add that to the conservative extra £30m we're gonna earn this year and we have £41.8m

So, as we stand today Uncle Joe would have to stump up a maximum of £16.2m and that's assuming the club don't make that in profit elsewhere.

So, in conclusion, do we need the Bale money to pay for our spending this year? No.
Do we need a massive cash injection from Joe? Maybe, but probably not.

I think Bale is on his way but I don't think our spending can only be fulled by him going.

Disclaimer: I don't have a fucking clue about any of this and just stole all of it from the internet :adegrin2:

It's a good point (VirginiaSpur will love all the digits) but then you have to ask why the other clubs aren't spending if everyone's got loads to spend. Maybe the majority are saving for a rainy day, or paying off debt this year. Southampton have spent a bit, mind.

Last edited:
Football is removed from the economics fluctuations that effect the rest of us. RM are big enough to attract a Russian ollgarchs or an American billionaire or an Arab family with spare cash. They will always be at the top - 10/20 years time they will be in Europe's super league playing sell outs every week against the elite and reaping in the the world media TV monies. Tottenham need to be there when it happens, hopefully get going with Bale.

was thinking they'd just get bought be some rich geezer myself after I posted so I pretty much agree with that but I don't reckon the super league will ever come to fruition as it would be meet with vehement opposition

Both Madrid and Barcelona pride themselves on being owned by the supporters, I highly doubt that will ever change. At some point in their economy's current decline, those same supporters will either become incapable of supporting them to the degree they have or they take it further and demand change.

Both Madrid and Barcelona pride themselves on being owned by the supporters, I highly doubt that will ever change. At some point in their economy's current decline, those same supporters will either become incapable of supporting them to the degree they have or they take it further and demand change.

Madrid have a history of getting bailed out by the government too who are currently broke as feck.

I would rather have Di Maria instead of Coentrao if the option was there.

Di Maria would not be happy coming to us. Coentrao wants out and I think would enjoy the challenge of being a big name player at an ambitious club on the brink of Champs League.

Madrid have a history of getting bailed out by the government too who are currently broke as feck.

Indeed. With their tax breaks, they're already being bailed out.

Supporters and TV money. This is where a super league will come in. Who would have believed the CL format as we know it today, 30 years ago! It will change again to enhance even more revenue for clubs like RM.

Supporters and TV money. This is where a super league will come in. Who would have believed the CL format as we know it today, 30 years ago! It will change again to enhance even more revenue for clubs like RM.

No chance. No chance at all.

For a start UEFA won't sanction it. The CL keeps them in whores and rolexes and they don't need to change it.

This means that players who play in your super league won't be able to play for their countries. No problem with that here you might think as the PL has made England pretty much an annoyance but consider the likes of Suarez or any other of the superstars that still want to compete for their country with passion and you can see why it's a no brainer. Plus the g18 of the 'super clubs' already have the rules stretched to make them get to the later more lucrative stages of the CL.

Will never happen

I'll admit I'm biased because of Bale, and regardless of any political affiliation, I believe the EU has the right to step in and declare this situation is some bullshit with that much money being cited. They have no right to do that to their own people and harm a continental economy along with it.

What doesnt make sense to me with all the money coming in as per the spreadsheet, is that if we really hadnt spent it as seems to be the case as net we are no worse off, then why arent the financial reports we see from the club showing this cash store?

I do think we have covered our transfers so far with players out and extra tv revenue but if we were to splash another £30M odd then I'd expect us to have to sell at least one senior player (not necesarily Bale) to balance the books. But it's all guess work really.

Back
Top Bottom