Bale Madrid... it's Real!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just wanted to clear something up....

He's not gone.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/first-team-profiles/gareth-bale/

Last year's kit!!!!!!

....and they say about him:
Powerful, pacy and versatile with a lethal left foot, Gareth is regarded as one of the best players in world football.

Now why go and put that right at the end??? Don't they know that Real Madrid simply Google "best+player+in+world+football" each Summer and go for whoever the search results come up with first?!

Bloody hell Spurs... YOU'RE to blame!!!

Last edited:
when we'd only bought Paulinho the atlanta yid itk geezer was saying Lewis had pumped 50 mil into us for this summer and has since given some decent info mostly on finances imo

personally I think we've stopped talking to Madrid as we aint selling him and Bale's doing abit of sulking with his soft injury, AVB isn't trying to alienate the geezer as he knows after the window closes he'll be back and we'll kick on from there

probably frustrating for AVB but he doesn't want to cause a rift with Bale or put him in a corner with the fans as he knows he'll be back soon so he keeps the info to a minimum

that's currently my views on the situation

cudnt agree more mate.. My thoughts as well been saying all along that he's staying. the simple fact is it would of happened wks ago IF they had the money and they clearly don't..

Last year's kit!!!!!!

....and they say about him:

Now why go and put that right at the end??? Don't they know that Real Madrid simply Google "best+player+in+world+football" each Summer and go for whatever search result comes up first????!?

Bloody hell Spurs... YOU'RE to blame!!!
I just checked ... Lennon is in last years kit too. So is Holtby ... Super Jan too!!!!

Oh shit .... it's a fucken clearout!!!!
We've either gone bankrupt or Lewis is doing an Anzhi on the club.

.... or they're all last years kit still.

cudnt agree more mate.. My thoughts as well been saying all along that he's staying. the simple fact is it would of happened wks ago IF they had the money and they clearly don't..

yep hence all the madrid back tracking too especially perez with his the price seems to high bollocks

I've lost some respect for Bale too tbh, he can be silent all he wants but it's obvious he's used his agent to try and angle for a move and disrupted our preseason

shown a lack of respect to our club imo, when you sign a contract you make a commitment to the club and that doesn't entail you trying to bale out in a year then feigning injury and showing a real lack of interest in the club when you don't get your own way

I miss the floppy ears and shit haircut, this new look Bale rebranding has a touch of the bigtime charlies about it.

yep hence all the madrid back tracking too especially perez with his the price seems to high bollocks

I've lost some respect for Bale too tbh, he can be silent all he wants but it's obvious he's used his agent to try and angle for a move and disrupted our preseason

shown a lack of respect to our club imo, when you sign a contract you make a commitment to the club and that doesn't entail you trying to bale out in a year then feigning injury and showing a real lack of interest in the club when you don't get your own way

I miss the floppy ears and shit haircut, this new look Bale rebranding has a touch of the bigtime charlies about it.

I'm quite sure Madrid have used the angle of "you may not get this chance next year," a spiel no doubt Barnett absolutely loves and drives since his contract with Bale apparently expires after this season. Could you imagine being 24 and having a well run, successful athlete agency and the biggest club on the planet chirping in your ear that it's "now or never?" Hell I never even considered professional ball but that must be incredible pressure. The fact he's kept his mouth shut despite having reporters camping outside his fucking house (despicable) absolutely is testament to his loyalty to our club. If he didn't care about us anymore, he could easily have said to any one of the reporters breathing down his neck what he wants to pressure the move. Let's not hash out too prematurely.

When he leaves I'd be delighted to see a picture in the news of a random someone, that happens to be you, shitting on a Madrid shirt in response. Until then we can only speculate.

I would laugh my sphincter off if he gets a new agent and then moves (having already accepted that any more than one more season is very unlikely..hell, one more season is decidedly iffy)

I'm quite sure Madrid have used the angle of "you may not get this chance next year," a spiel no doubt Barnett loves since his contract with Bale apparently expires after this season. Could you imagine being 24 and having a well run, successful athlete agency and the biggest club on the planet chirping in your ear that it's "now or never?" Hell I never even considered professional ball but that must be incredible pressure. The fact he's kept his mouth shut despite having reporters camping outside his fucking house (despicable) absolutely is testament to his loyalty to our club. If he didn't care about us anymore, he could easily have said to any one of the reporters breathing down his neck what he wants to pressure the move. Let's not hash out too prematurely.

He could equally of came out and said he's just signed a new contract last year and he's not interested at present then poof all the reporters disappear and we're left to get on with our preparation for the season without the circus. So no I don't think his silence is a testament to his loyalty and it's the very reason scummy reporters are camped outside his home. Bales keeping his options open at the advice of Barnett most likely, who under Bales blessing is using every trick in the book to try and engineer a move.

edit: as far as shitting on shirts that's not my style, I'd more likely be chucking petrol bombs at the bernabau screaming viva la revolution......

Last edited:
He could equally of came out and said he's just signed a new contract last year and he's not interested at present then poof all the reporters disappear and we're left to get on with our preparation for the season without the circus. So no I don't think his silence is a testament to his loyalty and it's the very reason scummy reporters are camped outside his home. Bales keeping his options open at the advice of Barnett most likely, who under Bales blessing is using every trick in the book to try and engineer a move.

You're absolutely right, he is doing everything he can to make it known he wants this move. However, my point is that he has not shown blatant disrespect. The club, one if he gets his way he doesn't want to be his employer in the near future, has no doubt asked him to remain quiet. He has obeyed. My point is that with everything considered, that is a display of respect. I resented Modric for his antics last year in this situation, I cannot find myself resenting Bale.

edit: as far as shitting on shirts that's not my style, I'd more likely be chucking petrol bombs at the bernabau screaming viva la revolution......

i-like-your-style-dude-the-big-lebowski-1998-L-z0uVue.jpeg

You're absolutely right, he is doing everything he can to make it known he wants this move. However, my point is that he has not shown blatant disrespect. The club, one if he gets his way he doesn't want to be his employer in the near future, has no doubt asked him to remain quiet. He has obeyed. My point is that with everything considered, that is a display of respect. I resented Modric for his antics last year in this situation, I cannot find myself resenting Bale.

subtle disrespect is still disrespect, anyway I still love the geezer but I'm sick of losing our best players just when we're about to make the step up

though as I've stated I reckon he'll be here next season hence the sulking and most likely feigning of injury, the worst thing for me is the real lack of interest he's shown in all things Tottenham lately tbh

we helped turn him into this beast and now it's as if he couldn't give a feck if we win lose or draw

subtle disrespect is still disrespect, anyway I still love the geezer but I'm sick of losing our best players just when we're about to make the step up

though as I've stated I reckon he'll be here next season hence the sulking and most likely feigning of injury, the worst thing for me is the real lack of interest he's shown in all things Tottenham lately tbh

we helped turn him into this beast and now it's as if he couldn't give a feck if we win lose or draw

Man I'm just as gutted as you are. I fuckin HATE this "relationship" with Real Madrid. This gluttonous parasite is this worst thing that could be happening to us with our current ambitions. But we wanted to leave the middle of the table, and to do so we had to bring in better players. Those better players will inevitably catch the attention of bigger clubs, and now we've gotten to the point where they're catching the attention of the very biggest. We can at least take comfort than instead of selling some of our favored players to Woolwich and Man U like we have in the past, we're now demanding massive sums from foreign clubs that eliminate the aforementioned from the Champions League. We will inevitably rise in profile in the near future, but we still may never be able to convince our players to turn down a club like Real Madrid.

Man I'm just as gutted as you are. I fuckin HATE this "relationship" with Real Madrid. This gluttonous parasite is this worst thing that could be happening to us with our current ambitions. But we wanted to leave the middle of the table, and to do so we had to bring in better players. Those better players will inevitably catch the attention of bigger clubs, and now we've gotten to the point where they're catching the attention of the very biggest. We can at least take comfort than instead of selling some of our favored players to Woolwich and Man U like we have in the past, we're now demanding massive sums from foreign clubs that eliminate the aforementioned from the Champions League. We will inevitably rise in profile in the near future, but we still may never be able to convince our players to turn down a club like Real Madrid.

Do you think that if Spains economy keeps spinning down the toilet that Madrid will stay the force they are now? I reckon in the next 10-20 years there will be some real changes in the power structure of football, and we are poised in a great position being financially sound to benefit. The astronomical spending just can't go on while the rest of the world suffers economical meltdown.

Do you think that if Spains economy keeps spinning down the toilet that Madrid will stay the force they are now? I reckon in the next 10-20 years there will be some real changes in the power structure of football, and we are poised in a great position being financially sound to benefit. The astronomical spending just can't go on while the rest of the world suffers economical meltdown.

Actually that's a very good point. It's a complete disgrace to human welfare to be lobbing around the money they're even proposing at the moment given their nation's current situation. No doubt they will decline in the not too distant future.

Back
Top Bottom