Morecambe (H) - FA Cup - Sunday 1400 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone still think Ndombele and Lo Celso are the answer to any question that isn't: who are the two most useless midfielders of all time? No? Good.

Jesus...who the fuck thought Ndombele was worth a punt, let alone record signing...

I would say 95% of this board thought he was our midfield savior.

I was one of them.

"We've finally replaced Dembele." "He was fantastic vs. City"

Huge egg on my face

TBF United’s squad has arguably even bigger issues, from the sounds of things 10 or more players want out the door soon as possible and everyone hates each other. He would have even more issues that with us.

They certainly have far more quality than we do, but I can't see him ending up there. They have a bunch of mugs in charge and behind the scenes just as we do.

I just don't see us as a club getting to where we would all like to be until Levy is no longer around.

Spot on. Can you imagine any team in the world watching NDombele in that half and thinking—“yes, I’ll pay 200k a week for the next 3+ years for that.” Forget transfer fees—we couldn’t give him away. I expect this applies to others as well even on lesser salaries. They are still in our wage structure, which makes them massively overpaid.
Yup we are stuck with them till their contracts run down...unless they actually perform and convince other clubs they justify the interest and salary.
So easy to say "sell!". The sad reality is it is anything but!

Don’t mind Sess, Gil has been reasonable and Winks ok but the rest fucking hell, like they don’t give a shit. Also not having a backup for Kane is such a poor decision, if Kane gets injured we have no usable striker.
Imagine if Kane gets brought on and snapped. Him and Son out. That's the season done. All while Levy sits there with that same fucking blank look and looking at his online Barclays App at Half Time to watch the money roll in. Our answer. Spend 20 mil on Traore, zero goals or assists.

baffling how we struggle to score though when we have a midfield who passes backwards and sideways though,,backwards to a few more donkeys or sideways to a couple cunts who cant cross....i think we are just getting unlucky surely

I am lots of things mate bit not off my head. Without a striker you jist do not have a focal point. It's not the only reason but that group of players cannot look at anyone who can slot that ball in the net.

There are other reasons but to dismiss the impact of not having a striker is to ignore the painfully obvious.
You should tell Pep at City that you can't play with a striker then, cos they've been doing it for years now.

We should be able to put any combination of 11 players from our squad against this lot and get a result. It's embarrassing beyond belief that we can't even do the basic passing and moving to pull them out of position and generate shooting opportunities.

I don't care if its Dele or fucking Rodon up top, it's basic stuff.

Back
Top Bottom