Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we'd be worse off if fans were allowed in to be honest.

I think we are one of a few clubs that have probably benefited by having no fans in stadiums. Imagine the boos that would have thundered out at the Lane after some of the results we've had as well as the groans and murmurs every time we've passed it back to our defence or hoofed it long.

We couldn't even handle Palace fans pushing their team on at Selhurst Park.
Just would need to get a few Jose fans off here onto the pitch mic'd up at HT to explain the beauty of our "defending" or whatever you want to call it.

Wana tackle one more myth I've seen in this thread too.
"Jose doesn't improve players, he improves teams".
No. He doesn't even do that. What he does is buy more players and then has the new squad shithouse with elite level players.

I'm annoyed to even have to remind people. We saw it last fucking season! He joined this club with this squad he loves (perhaps should say "loved" now), his new manager bounce lasted like 3 games. Then we were AWFUL. Shocking football against fodder. The excuses were out. Covid saved us, the lockdown when football stopped is the only reason we scraped Europa. Are people's memories really that short or just selective? Jose was brought in to salvage top 4 and maybe win a cup. He failed miserably. When lockdown returned we still looked shit. Jose did not improve the team nor the players.

This season started shit. So bad that Levy opened his wallet. We got excited and thought we were serious contenders. Now what? Chequebook manager who needs the biggest juiciest cheques going.
I think the point about improving the team does allude to him getting the signings in that he wants. He manages this by effectively managing upwards and getting that investment from the owners and also by getting players to come that want to play for him.

And if you look at his track record, he made Porto better and more successful than before, same at Chelsea, same at Inter, same at Man Utd. Real is arguable.

So he does improve teams. He’s either now not good at it, or it’s a work in progress. I hope it’s the second one.

So you literally doesn't understand the concept that in this world, some people might have different preference than you ?

From the bottom of my heart , I enjoy this kind of compilation more than step over or tricks compilation

Some of the defender there played for jose mourinho fyi , we don't have them unfortunately

Each to their own. But that is pretty much the opposite of what Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is about

I think the point about improving the team does allude to him getting the signings in that he wants. He manages this by effectively managing upwards and getting that investment from the owners and also by getting players to come that want to play for him.

And if you look at his track record, he made Porto better and more successful than before, same at Chelsea, same at Inter, same at Man Utd. Real is arguable.

So he does improve teams. He’s either now not good at it, or it’s a work in progress. I hope it’s the second one.
On the bright side I can see that you're slowly going from

Grima_and_Th%C3%A9oden.jpg

To

Th%C3%A9oden600ppx.png

We have scored 34 goals in the league, only Liverpool ( 40 ) , city , leicester ( both 36 ) and united ( 37 ) scored more. Which means we are actually a pretty attacking team , don't mistook possession with attacking cause possession without quality chances being created doesn't equal with attacking
We conceded 20 goals , same as Liverpool and only city conceded less with these set of defender.

Progress is there to be seen , which at least i think daniel levy could see it although some fans couldn't. Problem isn't on mourinho , we have seen his winning team back then scoring goals for fun and kept clean sheet over and over again , now it's matter of the board to help him creating those team again. We as fans should just enjoy the ride.
If you take the outliers from either end of that data set then you’ll actually find we’re not

plus I assume you possess the power of observation

But if there were fans in the stadium I don’t think any team would be playing the way they have been
Some teams might be better , but not Spurs in my opinion. Our tactics are negative and Jose would not play attacking football to please them. So we would still be seeing the negative tactics, it’s what he does. The fans would make little difference as the style gives nothing to cheer or get energised about. Let’s not kid ourselves we are not Crystal Palace fans who sing no matter what.
Our atmosphere can be poor when we are serving up a bore fest, by now watching this would have made us restless and angry.

I think the reason Jose gets £15m is because he can do mind control based on posts like this.
We can't play like Brighton with possession and attacking intent! How can Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Bale, Dele, Reguilon, etc.. compete with...

**looks up Brighton's squad online**

Joel Veltman! Pascal Groß! Neal Maupuy! Alexis Mac Allister! That's like an all-star team. They've got Adam Lallana coming off the bench! What a luxury.

Some teams might be better , but not Spurs in my opinion. Our tactics are negative and Jose would not play attacking football to please them. So we would still be seeing the negative tactics, it’s what he does. The fans would make little difference as the style gives nothing to cheer or get energised about. Let’s not kid ourselves we are not Crystal Palace fans who sing no matter what.
Our atmosphere can be poor when we are serving up a bore fest, by now watching this would have made us restless and angry.
Agreed. It would be pretty toxic, even when winning when we sit off and invite pressure to our 18 yard box. Fans would get agitated and impatient, constantly coughing up possesion to the oppo. Think there is a case to make that our home form might be even worse than it is, which doesnt bare thinking about

How can Mourinho play any other type of football with this squad? Just so limited in footballing ability!

Lloris/Hart*

Aurier/Doherty* - Toby/Tangaga - Rodon/Dier - Reguilon/Davies

Hojbjerg*/Winks - Ndombele/Lo Celso

Bergwijn/Bale - Lo Celso/Dele - Son/Lucas

Kane/Vinny

Others: Lamela, Sanchez, Sissoko
* - guys that Mourinho wanted 100% no doubt

How can Mourinho play any other type of football with this squad? Just so limited in footballing ability!

Lloris/Hart*

Aurier/Doherty* - Toby/Tangaga - Rodon/Dier - Reguilon/Davies

Hojbjerg*/Winks - Ndombele/Lo Celso

Bergwijn/Bale - Lo Celso/Dele - Son/Lucas

Kane/Vinny

Others: Lamela, Sanchez, Sissoko
* - guys that Mourinho wanted 100% no doubt

Because worse teams with worse players have proven to be able to play BETTER football.

These are all professional footballers, international footballers and all have cost vast sums of money. They're not shit footballers. They may be levels below Premier League and Champions League winning footballers, but they all are where they are in life because of hard work and the ability to play football.

We've all seen plenty of teams worse than us with worse squads than that play good football. It's about patterns of play, movement and the ability to coach that into a team through hard work on the training ground.

Because worse teams with worse players have proven to be able to play BETTER football.

These are all professional footballers, international footballers and all have cost vast sums of money. They're not shit footballers. They may be levels below Premier League and Champions League winning footballers, but they all are where they are in life because of hard work and the ability to play football.

We've all seen plenty of teams worse than us with worse squads than that play good football. It's about patterns of play, movement and the ability to coach that into a team through hard work on the training ground.
I agree with most of what ye say but what about the constant braindead decisions and performances from players. Bad managerial decisions dont help but fuck me some of our players are shocking

I think its a lot of stubborn people not wanting to admit they were wrong in saying jose would be a great appointment. It's made them do a 180 on their view of our players. From saying we have the players, its just the manager letting us down. To the exact opposite. It's hard keeping up.
From Poch had the players, but was a failure for not winning the title

To Jose needs a complete rebuild to challenge for top 4

All in the space of just 15 months :harrylol:

And as was said earlier, they don't even realise they're doing it! Bless 'em

Agreed. It would be pretty toxic, even when winning when we sit off and invite pressure to our 18 yard box. Fans would get agitated and impatient, constantly coughing up possesion to the oppo. Think there is a case to make that our home form might be even worse than it is, which doesnt bare thinking about
Imagine Harry getting injured we are 1 nil down and he brings on Lamela in front of 60k fans, it is not realistic to think fans would support such tactics
Why did fans warm to Jol, yes he was a nice guy, yes he did a decent job, however we were bored rigid by Santini football. Spurs fans don’t like crap football, the trade for trophies is not only not worth it , it loois ever less likely to pay off

Back
Top Bottom