Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sunday 26th February 2012

Tottenham under Harry Redknapp go 0-2 up against Woolwich, all signs point towards Spurs opening up a significant gap between themselves and their 'North' London rivals.

Woolwich pull a goal back. Panic stations?

You fucking bet, Spurs lose the plot and collapse to a 5-2 defeat.

Impact on the remainder of the season?

Tottenham struggle to pick up points from their remaining games and end up finishing fourth, which ends up not being enough to qualify for the Champions League.

:harryfacepalm: :joejordan:

Sunday 3rd March 2013

Tottenham under Andre Villas-Boas go 2-0 up against Woolwich, all signs point towards Spurs opening up a significant gap between themselves and their 'North' London rivals.

Woolwich pull a goal back. Panic stations?

No chance, Spurs fight out the remaining 40 minutes and fire themselves back into third position.

Impact on the remainder of the season?

We shall have to wait and see...

20gzked.png
freundsmall.png

Was quite a bit of nastiness outside after the game. Their fans tried to rush the police line on park lane and failed miserably.

Did anyone else see that fat gooner slag giving us 5-2 gestures, only to get a resounding rendition of 'who's got a big fat arse.' Think I saw Kris Kris getting involved

Our record since the away defeat to Arse is sensational.

Also, BBC posted an opta stat about premier league games where we are 2-0 up at half-time - W32 D1

make that W33 D1 :avbdamn:

chokers? I think fucking not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slightly nerdy correction here, but the stat I posted above was for premiership games at WHL, I don't know what the record is for games where we have led 2-0 at half-time when playing away.

Also they forgot to check for games where we were 3-0 up at half-time (er man u 3-5 2001) - opta FAIL

Was quite a bit of nastiness outside after the game. Their fans tried to rush the police line on park lane and failed miserably.

Did anyone else see that fat gooner slag giving us 5-2 gestures, only to get a resounding rendition of 'who's got a big fat arse.' Think I saw Kris Kris getting involved
Makes a change. They're normally the most placid of away fans at the Lane. Maybe they're properly feeling the shift now.

The Turd.
The sales of white T-shirts go through the roof in Woolwich ahead of the NLD at WHL.

Incidentally, possession is a sticky wicket. Opta reports that Spurs had 39% possession, which certainly sounds right to me. BBC, however, claims we had 54% possession, which doesn't.

I think sky said we had 47%. It all really depends on what they count, some places count the time a ball is being passed from one player to another as possession, others don't.

I think sky said we had 47%. It all really depends on what they count, some places count the time a ball is being passed from one player to another as possession, others don't.
Right. I've just got to make sure my source is consistent in the yearlong file I'm making.

This is as unscientific as it gets but it felt like a 45-55 split in Woolwich's favor, though I think in this case it works in our favor when they enjoy more possession due to our danger on the counterattack.

Back
Top Bottom