Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

83810_1362334430596.gif
What a CUNT, I want the CUNT to be BIGGER. CUNT.

I thought Siggy was pretty good today tbh. There was the moment he could have tapped it with his left and shot with his right, and instead his first touch was poor and he had to try to roll it along the box, no chance of beating the defender... But apart from that I was happy with how he did today and also thought he looked good at the spammers.

As for belatedly coming round to AVB, Tommy, that makes me laugh. As soon as anybody dared say anything positive about AVB, you wrote them off as a mindless sheep, a hopeless fanboy who made AVB out to be a "messiah". They did none of that, of course - just felt the manager had a lot to offer, and didn't say he was shit because of a couple of home draws against WBA and Norwich. I get the impression you'd do it all again, for any other manager who came in and drew the same games.
well - you would be wrong then.

I have been supporting the club for a fair while and have seen quite a few managers come and go. I have also seen a fair few managers touted as the next great thing....see any ex Manure player who played under Fergie as a case in point.

My issue with AVB was lack of longevity and and player kudos, I simply wanted to see some realistic results before tying my flag to the next shiny flagpole.

Too many people were ascribing greatness to the man, without discernable reason, and after the Chelsea experience, I wanted to see what he would manage to do, before joining the internet wank fest.

Just because I dont suffer from premature ejaculation, doesn't mean that I cant start to get that warm friendly glow when I feel the moment starting to "come" - nor does it mean that I am too immature or stupid to recognise something when its starting to become a reality.

We aint there yet - but the signs are looking good. I have enough maturity and honesty to admit that I am starting to believe that the guy has the "minerals" - and am Spurs through and through enough, to be happy to be proven wrong. Actually - I haven't been proven wrong per se - I was just more comfortable with waiting for some proof, and had the guts to say that I was prepaired to wait.

If you didn't like my attitude, then that was your issue to deal with, rather than mine.

Perhaps so, I really like Holtby's style of play and what he can do for our team. But let's not forget that Sigurdsson set up one of the goals with a great pass to Bale, so contrary to what you said - he did achieve something today. He's been quite bright in his recent substitute appearances and deserved at least some gametime today. And considering that, he didn't do too badly in a role in which he won't be at his best
contrary?
I did credit him with one moment of creativity, and that was what I alluded to

Woolwich enjoyed the majority of the possession because of it (having numbers in midfield)
Yeah, I think in the interview even Vertonghen notes this. The opta player influence from the substitution on suggests that their shape was something like this:

-----------Mertesacker---Vermaelen------------
Ramsey------------Wilshere-------------Monreal
----------------Cazorla--Rosický-----------------
----------Walcott---Giroud------Podolski--------

Let there be no doubt. They were chasing this hard!

Incidentally, possession is a sticky wicket. Opta reports that Spurs had 39% possession, which certainly sounds right to me. BBC, however, claims we had 54% possession, which doesn't.

Not sure what game you were watching. Siggurdson was very good. his passing throughout was exemplary, and at times he ran the ball out of midfield keeping possession for us and ensuring they did not get the ball and hold onto it. In much the same way as he did last week when he came on against west ham, he was calm and assured on the ball. It's a shame he wasn't a little more selfish when through on goal or he could have scored.

To be honest though if it wasn't Siggy I think it would be someone else, you are never happier than when being negative about something. Even on a glorious day like today you have to fabricate something to piss and bitch about.
I watched the same game as you
Maybe I just understand more about it than you do?

If he is up to your standards, then good for you

Sometimes I think that if Woolwich were relegated and Spurs won the league, Wenger would still insist that there hasn't been a power shift in North London.

When that second goal went in I got punched in the face, bear hugged and had my scarf pulled off from round my neck. Love it!

If you didn't like my attitude, then that was your issue to deal with, rather than mine.

Truly the mark of an true gentleman.

I watched the same game as you
Maybe I just understand more about it than you do?
If he is up to your standards, then good for you

Well considering he has had a hand in our last two victories, a goal and an assist, I think he is most certainly up the standards. What did he do that was so bad exactly? Share with us all your wisdom Tommy. I'm sure you like to think you understand everything there is to know about the beautiful game, but I'm 100% sure that you don't, I know I don't. There is a reason these people are paid a fortune for managing at the highest level. But I can tell when someone has contributed to a hard fought victory in a tight match, and when they have worked hard for 90 minutes. But fine, you obviously know something we don't. What did he do that was soooo wrong?

Forgive me for being a little pissed on the way back from the match, but please bear with me.

Please bear with me.

If I'm not very much mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong, but I very much do believe that North London is ours (that is,belonging to Spurs, that is Lilywhite, that is proper Spursy).

If anyone of a sorry cheating scum red-wearing persuasion wishes to take opposition to this opinion, I suggest they fuck off back to Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom