January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

there's a photo a couple pages back of the schalke squad all in first/business class so if he was in economy, he wouldn't have seen them
" I was sitting in row 18 in the middle of the plane, and the steward says you can exit through the back door, so I turned around and to my astonishment, I saw the entire Schalke team had been sitting right behind me."

there's a photo a couple pages back of the schalke squad all in first/business class so if he was in economy, he wouldn't have seen them

yeah, but if he was in economy, he would be behind them, not in front of them. He said he turned around to see the team behind him....Unless he was in super first class. Or maybe he's the pilot. But then i guess he wouldn't be reading about Sylvie and Rafa while flying the plane. :vdvhmm:

No airline puts first/business at the back of the plane, that's where it's bumpiest.

Weird that this is small dropping in a massive sea of bullshit is being picked on though :D

It's called ARTISTIC LICENSE.
trunk.gif

You should remember tho lads, a lot of the people who fly 1st class don't look around as it's business and they do it so often they zone out for the flights

" I was sitting in row 18 in the middle of the plane, and the steward says you can exit through the back door, so I turned around and to my astonishment, I saw the entire Schalke team had been sitting right behind me."

In the interest of me (i.e. I'd like to see us get a really promising youngster on a free), i'm going to choose to believe this story until Holtby signs somewhere else.

Please stop trying to take this away from me ... :adegrin:

If we are really to get Holtbe(sp?) then what does that mean for Siggurdson? Is one supposed to sit deeper and distribute while the other plays a more attacking role? Would they ever even be on the field at the same time?

And is Fryers really that good? Everyone seems to be pretty excited about the signing. I know zero about him.

If we are really to get Holtbe(sp?) then what does that mean for Siggurdson? Is one supposed to sit deeper and distribute while the other plays a more attacking role? Would they ever even be on the field at the same time?
I'd say virtually any acquisition in midfield is bad news for Siggy. If AVB's plan is to transition to a 4-3-3, then I'd say he sees Holtby as being part of a midfield trio.

And is Fryers really that good? Everyone seems to be pretty excited about the signing. I know zero about him.
Seems to me like a replacement for Rose, more than anything else.

We really need to get away from this perpetual fear of what a signing means for another player at the club...........if Holtby replaces Sigurdsson it's because he's a better player, the only way we can improve is to constantly upgrade..........there was no sentiment shown from Campbell, Berbatov, Modric, etc

I think this latest ITK-story resembles the one from last summer (Gylfi medical). Creating such an elaborate lie with connecting flights (the Schalke squad was actually travelling today) seems exhausting for the usually very lazy "wums" out there.

Back
Top Bottom