Crystal Palace being sold...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure you are getting it - it's £400m debt now, it was £750m 10 years ago. Just think how much they have paid to service those debts which is money taken directly from the club for no other purpose than to make their owners wealthy.

Their squad when the Glazers took over included Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Ferdinand, Van Nistelrooy, Saha and Rooney. The quality of the players decreased drastically, even while Ferguson was there.
Have you seen how much profit they make per year as a club? Your comment is laughable if you think they ever 'endangered' the club's financial future

Look doomed already man u man city and Chelsea up next
tdinbjew4g2z.jpg

Not surprised - And i think it was The 3's (75% shareholding) decision to bring de boyer when we at palace all knew it was the worst appointment ever. Parish was probably out voted on this . The american owners know fck all about football and the Pl as a whole. De boyer needed players that can move it about to compete. It sunk us. Because we had the easy games to start with and now Roy has the hard games. And due to already using the top 3 managers to get you out of a tight spot (pardew, Big Sam and Pulis) i can't see an alternative for Roy.

Zaha will help us though. (I am a palace fan if you haven't' already realised). But I fear the worst.

I don’t know mate.
Parrish is the man and I’m sure he had a say in it. He’s the man who knows.
It seems stupid to appoint a manager and state your going in a new direction then sack him in a short space of time. Not really change anyhting.
There are plenty of players at your club who could have been shifted on and De Boer brough in players to to fit his style
He got one defender and and another injured one- who will be a huge bonus when he’s back and capable of playing 3 at the back.
2 loans in. That’s it.
That’s not backing the manager. You could see pre season it wasn’t working. Those players can’t play any way but old English, or don’t seem to want to.
That’s why Townsend has been bumped around. Can’t adpat.
McArthur, Wickham Mutch, puncheon Delaney all could have been traded in and better bought , IMO.

In 14/15 we brought in 6 players for Pochettino. Getting rid of 7 team players, a few on the periphery and some kids, bringing in £61m, about 15 in all.
Dawson, Livermore, Sandro, Siggurdsson , Gomes, Naughton, Akotto, etc.
A clear out of the players he thought wouldn’t do it, maybe one was sacrificed for 2 needed, and the cash used to bring in players that he thought could.
De Boer got fuck all.

Last edited:
Simon Jordan on 'The Debate' tonight...

I honestly can't work out if I like him, as he appears to talk a good game and tells it like it is, or if he's a jumped up twat.

He was on Brazil's show this morning too, putting Joey Barton down, which was good.

Simon Jordan on 'The Debate' tonight...

I honestly can't work out if I like him, as he appears to talk a good game and tells it like it is, or if he's a jumped up twat.

He was on Brazil's show this morning too, putting Joey Barton down, which was good.

He’s full of himself but does have the odd good point

Not sure where else to put this but anyone else think Steve Parish is a good little chairman? Whenever I hear him talk I get a little more impressed with him. He seems like the perfect fit for a team trying to stay afloat in the league whilst trying to push on

Back
Top Bottom