Crystal Palace being sold...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Palace have lost £60m, to be expected but their wage to revenue is a staggering 93%!!!
Yeah, it finally came through. I posted an edit.

Their wage/turnover has alway been crazy. They make so little from that Selhurst Park dump that it is only reasonable that their safe place in the PL has been funded by TV money. Owners talking about new stadium and new training ground but it never materializes.

They're talking about Dyche FFS. Folks complaining about Roy's football and the owners are thinking of moving to Dyche. Christ!

Sure, the debt hasn't held them back - but it sure has left the club in a far more precarious position than it should be in, given the revenue. The owners get all of the benefits with none of the risk. The club is an asset they can afford to lose, and the club and the fans would be the ones to suffer.

Just seems unethical to me. And doesn't make business sense for the club, only for the owners.
They're not in a precarious position. That's the point I've been making all along. They're just not.

The club itself it still far more valuable than the money that they have taken out of the club.

Simon Jordan on 'The Debate' tonight...

I honestly can't work out if I like him, as he appears to talk a good game and tells it like it is, or if he's a jumped up twat.

He was on Brazil's show this morning too, putting Joey Barton down, which was good.

Well that won't be difficult seeing as around 97.3% of their squad is out of contract in the summer.

I think their chairman got stuck in a glitch of just perpetually giving a new contract to Zaha and never anyone else.
Wow, so zero income from sales except whatever they get for Zaha. They are really fucked.

For as much money as that club makes, neither of those problems have truly been at fault for Man U's problems either. Ferguson retired and took his magic with him; subsequent managers have been fully backed in the transfer market, but simply haven't been able to measure up to expectations.

400m debt for them is piss easy and low.

Not sure you are getting it - it's £400m debt now, it was £750m 10 years ago. Just think how much they have paid to service those debts which is money taken directly from the club for no other purpose than to make their owners wealthy.

Their squad when the Glazers took over included Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, Ferdinand, Van Nistelrooy, Saha and Rooney. The quality of the players decreased drastically, even while Ferguson was there.

Back
Top Bottom