Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was poor. It was poor. But maybe 1 point is better than fuck all and takes us a small step closer to CL foootball at the end of the day....After my post match explosion its just dawned on me that we didnt actually lose.

Disagree. A win would have pushed us closer unless Chelsea also drop points. When top 4 is done then we can take the foot off the gas. Not now. Cup semi or not.

We've played away all season and a few games ago before utd came back to beat city,we could have been a point from 2nd. A better European campaign and a fa cup semi. How is that backwards?? Odd statement
Worst position in league & better in europe.

We are still well set to get 4th. I think we will but obviously until we do we can't relax. I think we can forget 2nd & even 3rd will be a big ask. But we should have enough for 4th.
I think we will too. But we've seen end of season capitulations before and you just know Chelsea are probably gonna win every fucking game from here on in.

Its strange how pissed off & offended people get if people worry about us failing. People can't help how they feel. I think a lot of it is to say I'm a better fan & for agrees/likes on here. But equally they have a right to melt over melter's & be drama queens about it if that's how they feel.
When I got to the club tonight, some guy asked me if I was nervous, to which I replied "I'm always nervous ". I don't think I will ever be confident before a game, no matter who the opposition is. I know Poch has done an amazing job in creating the best team spirit i have ever witnessed but I still expect it to go tits up sooner or later - that's the pessimist in me and if we won five titles on the bounce, I would still feel the same!

I think we will too. But we've seen end of season capitulations before and you just know Chelsea are probably gonna win every fucking game from here on in.
Yeah that's why we could do with burnley & liverpool doing the job for us! Less pressure on us.

Blimey. The season isnt over yet. To go from one of the best home seasons and then play at Wembley for the season. You don't see that as a valid reason for a few more points dropped?
Each to their own. Can't see us getting 2nd this season. But you could be right & we do.

When I got to the club tonight, some guy asked me if I was nervous, to which I replied "I'm always nervous ". I don't think I will ever be confident before a game, no matter who the opposition is. I know Poch has done an amazing job in creating the best team spirit i have ever witnessed but I still expect it to go tits up sooner or later - that's the pessimist in me and if we won five titles on the bounce, I would still feel the same!
Agreed. Being nervous or worrying is nothing to be ashamed of. It adds to the joy & relief when we win. I get nervous watching a recorded match I know we won earlier.

Could do without the homophobic bullshit.

Not homophobic at all. I'm a peace and let live kind of guy and I think attitudes to homosexuality have developed where you can have a bit of light-hearted banter without the need to take offence, it's actually slightly retrograde to see homophobia where there is none. If I'm homophobic I'd have hardly gone to university there, would I? Love the place. It's the gay community and the students give it it's vibe.

My head is spinning trying to make head or tail of that - life was certainly simpler when it was just the Champions in the European Cup!!
Yeah, I agree Mrs P, but the only bit relevant to us is:

For 2018/19 they will be ...
UEFA Champions League holders (1)
UEFA Europa League holders (1)
Top four from associations ranked 1st to 4th: Spain, Germany, England, Italy (16)

Back
Top Bottom