Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I agree Mrs P, but the only bit relevant to us is:

For 2018/19 they will be ...
UEFA Champions League holders (1)
UEFA Europa League holders (1)
Top four from associations ranked 1st to 4th: Spain, Germany, England, Italy (16)
Yes I know, I was more referring to how complicated it has all become. I'm just yearning for a simpler time. ....this happens to most people when they are getting on a bit ;)

Each to their own. Can't see us getting 2nd this season. But you could be right & we do.

4th place, ko stages in europe, cup semi (at worst) whilst playing away all season. Pretty good considering the amounts of money the teams above us spent! I will take losing 2 places in the league if it means we win the cup!

Neither can Davies or Aurier

Bring back Danny
Danny’s crossing was never brilliant either tbf, he was great at breaking into the oppositions penalty area time and time again, and eventually something would pay off.

2016 Danny Rose was a brilliant player, I still maintain he was one of the best left backs in the world at the time, he looks a long way off that right now though

Yes I know, I was more referring to how complicated it has all become. I'm just yearning for a simpler time. ....this happens to most people when they are getting on a bit ;)
Don’t sell yourself short D. If we only concentrate on what we have to do it becomes much clearer.
(Although, maybe not judging by some of the questions in this thread and others).

Poch has pissed me off tonighy, lost his bollocks the last couple games now

All this form gets you game time crap, yet Eriksen gets 90, Dele nowhere to be seen, Lucas taken off, Wanyama stays on.....it’s like a fucking carabou game.

Massive fuck up, you could see this from the minute they scored, yet he waits til there’s no time left again.

Go and support someone else you Melt

I've had a couple of San Miguel's since the match.
I'm starting to see tonight's result as a point gained rather than 2 dropped.
Weird how a couple of late night beers can play tricks with your mind

4th place, ko stages in europe, cup semi (at worst) whilst playing away all season. Pretty good considering the amounts of money the teams above us spent! I will take losing 2 places in the league if it means we win the cup!
Yeah I've already said this seasons been good if we get top 4 especially considering home games at wembley.
Yeah I would take losing 2 places to win the cup too. I'm not too bothered about 2nd-4th. I agree about the ££ too, but actually there are posters who were happy with us not spending in the summer & said spending is a waste of time/disadvantage. So plenty will disagree with that point.

giphy.gif

If two San Miguel’s plays tricks with your mind I’m really jealous. I need a bottle of whiskey and a 10 pack of Stella to get me questioning myself. More power to yourself John, it sounds like you’re a cheap date - and there’s nothing wrong with that mate.

If two San Miguel’s plays tricks with your mind I’m really jealous. I need a bottle of whiskey and a 10 pack of Stella to get me questioning myself. More power to yourself John, it sounds like you’re a cheap date - and there’s nothing wrong with that mate.
660mls mind. Not the small ones

Well it’s not like
aurier was a nobody that we went just because he was available for peanuts. He was the starter for Paris for years and always highly rated. Unfortunately he’s been a massive disappointment so far. He’s too reckless defending. He has to learn how to not give a fucking penalty almost every game.

He will do under Poch

Poor positioning but way too early to right him off

Danny’s crossing was never brilliant either tbf, he was great at breaking into the oppositions penalty area time and time again, and eventually something would pay off.

2016 Danny Rose was a brilliant player, I still maintain he was one of the best left backs in the world at the time, he looks a long way off that right now though

No he isn’t I agree but he has the potential to get back to his best

I don’t think Tripps or Davies have that in them

You’re on the right forum for that!!

I got home an hour ago. Have this strange sense of panic when I focus in on what happened tonight and how damaging it was.

Rules out 2nd. Dents 3rd and makes me doubt 4th. Of course Chelsea have to beat Burnley, but if they do, we are looking at dropping half that 10 point lead in a single week - who feels confident we won’t start to shit out pants if they play before us next round of fixtures and cut it back to 2 points ?

I had a terrible view of the game being low down behind the goal so I can only say my “feeling” was that it was rather slower than it should have been. A little less cutting than is required and - fuck sake we drew with Fucking Brighton. It’s awful really. By all means fuck about if there is nothing to play for, but there is.

Putting teams like Brighton to the sword is necessary not optional. You treat it as optional and you get smashed 5-1 at Newcastle. Anyone can drop points but the performances must be better than this and that’s two games of dross in a row now.

Old habits die hard perhaps ? Did not turn up against Shity. Did not turn up at Brighton.....Off the back of a great result @ Chelsea Wake up Spurs. Top 4 is ours to lose. Spurs makes me pessimistic and we have surrendered lesser leads than 8 (5) points.....

PS. Never going Brighton again - Train services were a disgrace.

Fucking place is not even in Brighton.

I should be gutted about that game, but I'm not, because it was Chris Hughton. He coached them well, and they fought us hard, but fair. So good on them. They played us better than United, Chelsea, or Woolwich did this year.

Back
Top Bottom